We stayed with a large group and booked a king bed with an ocean view. We checked in and were taken to our room on the third floor. There were no elevators so the bellman had to take our luggage up. Our room was a full bed and a single. There was no ocean view, in fact none of the rooms have one. You get an ocean view when you walk out your front door and look toward the beach. The rooms are very clean and the furniture is new but very basic. There is no refrigerator and no dresser, just three desk drawers and a larger shelf on top of the open closet. The beds are rock hard. I like a firm bed but these are like bricks. The bathroom sink is really small with a narrow glass shelf so not a lot of room for storage of products. We went down to get our king room and were told that it would be two days because there were only 7 king rooms on the property. There were also renovations going on in one of the two buildings. When you are walking into the lobby the building to the left is the older building and the building to the right is the renovated building. The property is smaller, cozy you would say with just one pool and a sizable kids pool. There is no swim up bar which was a huge disappointment. You also can't drink in the pool or have coolers by the pool. The bar is a few steps from the pool so not as fun as other all inclusives I've been at. The beach is bare. Usually there are beach chairs and umbrellas and people coming out to take drink orders...nope. If you want to sit on the beach you have to drag your chair out there yourself. The beach is also very rocky so I wore water shoes to go in the water. The food is simple but good only no variety. If you are in a room facing the pool you'll probably hear the "dance party". They start playing music at the outdoor bar closest to the beach at 10pm and go until at least 1am. It didn't bother us because we were out or are hard sleepers when we were in our room. The property overall is very clean. Each morning there were guys in the pool scrubbing by hand. The staff is also very accommodating and friendly. The biggest plus is that you walk out the front door and you are steps from town that has a ton of great restaurants with good seafood, plenty of places to buy water and other necessities and cute shops. I would stay if you are looking for a very basic beach vacation on a budget or looking for a more family friendly property this is for you. We prefer something more fun, with more luxurious accommodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Central Pacific region and just an hour and a half away from downtown San José, this beachfront hotel offers a premier experience in one of Costa Rica's favorite beach destinations. This all-inclusive resort provides guests with unlimited food and drinks, as well as exciting activities for all ages, outdoor swimming pools and tennis and volleyball courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Jaco Beach Hotel Jaco
- Jaco Best Western
- Jaco Beach
- Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort Costa Rica