I'd sleep on the beach before I'd stay at this dump! We pulled into Jaco, without reservations, (after leaving Nayara Hotel, a world class resort -- so I knew anything in Jaco would be a far cry from where we'd come from!) We were lulled into a false sense of security by the nice open-air marbled reception area and a friendly, bilingual guy behind the desk. After we checked-in, I became wary when an employee stood around at the curb without bothering to help with our bags. (Usually staffers like to receive a tip and weary travelers enjoy the help! The lack of concern for guests held a clue as to what was to come!) My husband parked our car and I waited at the curb with our bags until he came back and we both schlepped our luggage, on a luggage cart, to our first-floor room. The pool area seemed nice enough and the grounds were ok, but I became more apprehensive as I saw the type of 'guests' we passed on the property…. It was a clearer clue of what these types of people might consider this dump to be 'acceptable' accommodations. (There were unattended kids; tattooed guys who don't have the sense to pull-up their pants; and some pretty trashy people, etc.) Opening the door to our room, I felt like we were being 'punished' for something as we were met with saggy beds with tattered and faded bedspreads, old, smelly carpet, a dinky little wall-unit AC and furniture that should have been replaced YEARS ago. (There wasn't even a remote in the room for the TV! And while there was a safe in the closet, there was no way to LOCK it!)
We'd been driving for hours though and wanted to enjoy a drink while watching the sunset, which would occur in less than an hour, so we decided to 'just laugh it off and make the best of it,' and check-out in the morning.
But, all bets were off, when I walked into the tiny, cell-like bathroom with it's dilapidated, 4-inch cheap tiles and missing grout; threadbare towels that barely looked big enough for a 6-year old to use, mold in the tub, etc. I finally LOST IT when I flushed the toilet and water poured from the tank bottom and flooded the floor. Still needing to wash my hands, I turned on the faucet, only to find that the pipes underneath the 1970s era wall sink leaked too!!!!
Ten minutes after checking-IN, we rolled our luggage back to the reception desk and checked-OUT of this crappy dump and fled!
We ended up staying at the Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort, which is not too far away and caters to HUMANS, unlike the place we'd fled!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Central Pacific region and just an hour and a half away from downtown San José, this beachfront hotel offers a premier experience in one of Costa Rica's favorite beach destinations. This all-inclusive resort provides guests with unlimited food and drinks, as well as exciting activities for all ages, outdoor swimming pools and tennis and volleyball courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Jaco Beach Hotel Jaco
- Jaco Best Western
- Jaco Beach
- Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort Costa Rica