“Nice Surprize in Jaco”
Review of Hotel Club del Mar

Hotel Club del Mar
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We never expect much when staying in Jaco, but we had an extra night, so we booked into this hotel. I had stayed there years ago.

I was very happy with our short stay. We had a nice room, dinner and enjoyed the pool.

We were welcomed and treated well.

Room Tip: ask to see the rooms.......the locations vary based on what you are looking for. you will not be...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Just stayed at the Hotel Club del Mar for a week with my sister for a special getaway vacation. We found this hotel to be our oasis for the week during our surf/yoga retreat with the Del Mar Surf Camp. The grounds are very beautiful and the staff is so friendly, including the owner, who you will see almost daily making sure everything is in order. The reception/lobby area has a cool open layout and looks into the bar restaurant area, which all looks out on to the pool and the ocean. Our room was very clean and had a direct ocean view with beautiful wood sliding screen doors that allowed us to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean. We thought the beds were great, firm and comfortable. We also found the hotel food to be excellent and affordable, we were concerned because another reviewer had rated it poor, maybe they had made changes. The hotel provides towels for the pool and beach which is very nice. And its location is at the very south end of Jaco so you can visit the city, but you are also away from the city. If/when we go back we will definitely be making a stop at the Club Del Mar.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Second time here.Got a condo.Staying a while.I would do the condo.it was fully equipped. Clean ,on the beach.this is must stop on the way to Quepos.I fished here for one day and they cooked my wahoo for the 11 of us excellent.Its not to bad.High tide is neat to watch.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The hotel grounds and pool area are pretty and relaxing to spend time. The restaurant is low quality/ average and overpriced. A cup of coffee should not cost over 2 dollars... I ordered French toast one day that was delivered to me so soggy I had to return it. Another day I ordered eggs rancheros which consisted of 2 eggs with canned spaghetti sauce on it, not so tastey. A small ceviche given as an appetizer was $9, the same price as ordering a hamburger with French fries. You would think the quality would be better for this
Price considering other restaurants on the beach make this very typical food for half the price and give you an entree size with higher quality. Besides the disappointment with the restaurant, the mattresses in the rooms were less comfortable than if I would have spent the night on the ground at the beach. We asked for maintenance to fix a clogged toilet and it was never done. The hotel itself has a view of beach (which definitely is not the nicest of quality in Costa Rica) and a nice pool, but don't expect quality service for what you have to pay to stay here. It's not worth the price you pay, I've stayed at plplenty hotels in Costa Rica where I get the service and quality I pay for and will not be staying at club del mar again

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Negatives only two.. bad beds... cheap mattresses with nothing to pad them.. Also, full size, not queen beds... made me a little claustrophobic as I am used to minimum a queen in every hotel that I have been in for the past 20 years... Second, the shower water was tepid at best for an evening shower.. could never be described as hot. But in the morning it was very hot. Either the HWH was turned off, everybody took a shower at the same time, or they have solar hot water heaters which I did not see.
Well maintained.. Met Phil one of the owners who was quite cordial. Priced for tourists.in restaurant and bar. Lunch menu was very limited...
Grounds are beautiful with pool in the center, beach at the far end and lapis rojas in the trees.. I liked the place and may return during the green season for a 40% discount and apartments for the family in total..

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank islandjerr
Reviewed 18 May 2013

This was our first time in Costa Rica and what a wonderful way to start a 14 day trip. We stayed at the Hotel 3 days and had a wonderful time. The staff was very helpful. The room was wonderful and the beach was amazing. We would recomend this to anyone and would definitaly would go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2013

First time here.Had business.Will be back.I love the location.Had ceviche.I am always leery unless I make it myself because of the Hershey's....It was excellent.I will return here. Lovely view......No problems.AC was broken they moved us to another room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
Hotel Villa Caletas
Hotel Villa Caletas
#2 of 48 in Jaco District
Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort

Been to Hotel Club del Mar? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Club del Mar

Address: | Jaco Beach, 300 meters south of El Arroyo Service Station, Jaco, Garabito Municipality, Costa Rica
Region: Costa Rica > Province of Puntarenas > Garabito Municipality > Jaco District > Jaco
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Top resorts Hotel in Jaco
#3 Family Hotel in Jaco
#5 Spa Hotel in Jaco
#7 Romantic Hotel in Jaco
Price Range: £91 - £254 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Club del Mar 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Club del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Del Mar