“Groovy niche in Jaco”

Buddha House Boutique Hostel
Ranked #2 of 65 Speciality Lodging in Jaco
“Groovy niche in Jaco”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our visit here was filled with kind guests and encouraging staff. They had a pool which was really nice after a day of getting sunburned on the beach.
We didn't stay in the communal room but sprung for a private room which was totally worth it.
The facilities were incredibly clean and well kept and there was a safe in the room. The front porch area was really nice and the communal kitchen was well kept. I was overall very impressed with this establishment.

My only upset was the next morning when we were leaving the young woman working the desk seemed very disengaged in what she was doing. We had a shuttle coming to pick us up and she didn't have any suggestion as to whether it would come into the hotel parking lot or if we should wait on the street for it. When our shuttle was 20 minuets late and I asked her if she would mind calling the company for us (I didn't have a cell phone that would call out in the country) she told me I could call them myself since I hadn't booked through them. When the phone didn't connect she shrugged and suggested that I just send them an email and wait.
I completely recognize that it is not the task of the hotel staff to make help guests with services such as shuttles, but her lack of willingness to assist and complete disregard for my obvious stress was off putting.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Jaco has become a meeting place or travel hub for me. It is the closest beach from San Jose so I have my visiting friends meet me here to begin our journeys. I originally stayed at the Buddha House on my first visit and now return here each time I pass thru Jaco. On the main strip, quick to the beach, great staff, clean, inviting and great value. I will be back again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
San Jose, California
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This place is AWSOME, the lady at the front counter was so nice and sweet, I loved staying here. They have all the amenities that made it truly feel like a home away from home. The cat, the hammocks, the games and the lighting were just a few of my favorite things.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Wohlen, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Buddha House is a very nice place to stay. It has a great ambience and very nice people. They are there to help you all the time. It is very safe, because there is a guard all night and a gate is closed during night times (you get a key). It is clean and there is a modern kitchen which you can use.
Only thing which you have to know is: There is a pub next to it, the "Orange Pub" which plays music until late at night.
Thanks for the nice stay and your help with my reservations for the bus and next hostel. If I come back to Jaco, I will stay in Buddha House again!
Michelle

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Michelle R
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

From the moment I saw this hotel, before I even looked at the rooms I was in love. From the lanterns hanging out front and from the mango tree to the pool in the back I felt at peace from the moment I walked in. We were greeted by warm smiles and friendliness as soon as we stepped up to reception. The rooms are beautiful, the environment is amazing and you absolutely can not beat the location. I wish I could stay longer but there is so much of this lush country to take in. Book a room here. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ladybonniebug
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed 6 nights at this hostel and it was incredible. Super friendly and helpful staff, full kitchen with appliances and utensils, pool and patio, various places to lounge, the room was very clean and air conditioned and on top of all that it is cheap to stay. If you're staying in Jaco, this is the place you wanna be.

• Stayed May 2014
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying 2 nights at this boutique hostel.
Mericel the front end lady was a hoot and just all around fantastic place.
Safe, lovely atmosphere. Great pool and lounging area.
I met many lovely people there as well.
I will return!!!!