“Nice Hostel/hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 67 Speciality Lodging in Jaco
Atenas, Costa Rica
“Nice Hostel/hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My friend and I stayed at this hostel while we were on vacation for a few days.The place is very nice, clean and has a little kitchen and pool. It is right in the middle of the center nearby all of the shops and restaurants. It has nice hindu decorations and the receptionist Carla is awesome!

Wifi is pretty good here inside the main hostel, I don't know about the dorms or private rooms with bathrooms. I worked online and for the most part the reception was pretty good, although sometimes a little spotty.

Room Tip: They have dorms for $15/night as well as private rooms with or without bathrooms from $55+
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Brookealicious

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Jaco, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I found it after a quick search on town. the Price very reasonable. the facilities were far better tan expected and the staff very helpfull.
Further tan a Hostel, the facilities and private romos, plus the swimming pool drive the service to a hotel service for less tan half of the Price.
And like in real estate. Location Location Location. Near the beach, near the shopping , and right where the night life goes on. Dont need a car at all.
Thanks for your help.

Room Tip: room number 1 ihas nice doublé bed ok for couples or single traveler.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
1 Thank Reservations R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My girlfriend and I planned to lay over in Jaco for 2 nights..we rented a private room which was perfect, and ended up staying an additional 2 nights! The private room (10) was great, and served us perfectly. Jaco was very central for all our day trips and excursions, and it was always nice to come back to the hostel after a long day. Facilities were great, we cooked dinner, swam in pool, and very much felt comfortable. Most importantly, Carla was extremely helpful to is. We lost our camera during the flight, and didn't speak any Spanish. She consulted and coordinated with the airline and was able to track down our camera and have it sent to San Jose airport.

The location is ideal, close to many restaurants and shops all within a 10 minute walk, and there's a grocery store nearby as well if you prefer cooking at the hostels kitchen!
Only thing to know is that on some nights there can be noise from the club next tot the hostel, and the A/C is loud, but you can sleep through it and will want to have it on!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Simply one of the best hotels we have stayed at. The staff are incredibly friendly and are always available for advice in regards to where to go and what to see.
The decor of the place matches its name - very chill, laid back and relaxed. There is a great big pool which is perfect for cooling off after a hot day at the beach. And even hammocks and big comfy sofas to unwind in.
The entire place is very clean and well kept, from the rooms to the bathroom and kitchen area.
The hostel is also perfectly located, right in the city centre on the main street close to numerous shops, restaurants, bars and supermarkets.
I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone planning a visit to Jaco as is it such great value for money!

Pura Vida!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a great place! I imagined it completely different (because of it being a hostel and all) but NO! It passed all my expectations! The attention is great and it's a really cozy place, close to everything and everywhere.

Location
1 Thank MemeTamayo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our visit here was filled with kind guests and encouraging staff. They had a pool which was really nice after a day of getting sunburned on the beach.
We didn't stay in the communal room but sprung for a private room which was totally worth it.
The facilities were incredibly clean and well kept and there was a safe in the room. The front porch area was really nice and the communal kitchen was well kept. I was overall very impressed with this establishment.

My only upset was the next morning when we were leaving the young woman working the desk seemed very disengaged in what she was doing. We had a shuttle coming to pick us up and she didn't have any suggestion as to whether it would come into the hotel parking lot or if we should wait on the street for it. When our shuttle was 20 minuets late and I asked her if she would mind calling the company for us (I didn't have a cell phone that would call out in the country) she told me I could call them myself since I hadn't booked through them. When the phone didn't connect she shrugged and suggested that I just send them an email and wait.
I completely recognize that it is not the task of the hotel staff to make help guests with services such as shuttles, but her lack of willingness to assist and complete disregard for my obvious stress was off putting.

Sleep Quality
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Jaco has become a meeting place or travel hub for me. It is the closest beach from San Jose so I have my visiting friends meet me here to begin our journeys. I originally stayed at the Buddha House on my first visit and now return here each time I pass thru Jaco. On the main strip, quick to the beach, great staff, clean, inviting and great value. I will be back again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends