“Great location and good service”

Copacabana Hotel & Suites
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Jaco
“Great location and good service”
Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

Copacabana is the perfect place in Jaco! Best service, best food and the best option for couples! If you are planning a trip to Costa Rica we recommend you to go to the copacabana and rent an ocean front suite with jacuzzi.
Thanks to all the helpful staff! We are going back sometime soon!
Char n Rob

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Copacabana Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 24 June 2012
Dear Char & Rob, we thank you for taking the time to write a review. We enjoyed you staying with us. Hope to see you very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 16 May 2012

When I arrived I was given a very nice room with a jacuzzi but the room had just been painted so I asked for another room expecting to be given a similar room. Boy was I mistaken. The wonderful staff relocated me to an amazing suite with large bathroom, bedroom, living room and full deck with a jacuzzi overlooking the ocean. Also a beautiful hand carved door to the entrance of the suite. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Katia the GM introduced herself while I was having a beer at the pool bar and wanted to make sure I was comfortable and happy. (this on her day off) We discussed the finer points of our Peruvian Culinary Skills and who has the best ceviche. Luis the Asst Manager could not have been more helpful including arranging my ride back to San Jose. Fernando the outside bartender was entertaining and funny. Also my flight back from San Jose left @ 1:00 AM so I asked how much extra it would cost me to stay till 9:00 PM that night. Katia was very gracious and allowed me to stay for free and just wanted to make sure I was happy. Try that at the Ritz Carlton. So all in all it depends on what you want. In no way is this a sleazy hotel as others have said. If you want a friendly, safe and clean enviornment with nice people, beach dogs lying around, being just yards from the beach and a fun atmosphere Copacabana Hotel is for you.

ps be careful and find out the charges from the operator before using the room phones when calling internationaly

Room Tip: best in front for ocean view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael H
Thank you for taking your time to write a review. We love to make our guest happy.
Next time you are down we will wait for you with a Real Peruvian Ceviche and a Pisco Sour!!
Hope to see you soon!!
Toronto
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stayed at the "Copa" as the locals fondly refer to this resort and I've been there before, so this was a repeat visit. Notably, this was a repeat notwithstanding the negative reviews I've just read.

The reality is that this hotel is an Adult Only hotel, which appeals to me both for the entertainment and the lack of kids with the destruction that goes with them. Yes, there are guests who's social skills lack tact, but so with the hotels and bars that many business events take place at. There's lots to be said sensationally when the context is omitted, so here I will set the record straight.

I returned to the Copa because its known to be a party and social place - this is encouraged by the ambiance of the pool bar in the back, live entertainment and sociable staff. Accordingly, it's clientele, myself among them are looking for a laid back, fun atmosphere and this is what you will get. There are tradeoffs however. The hotel has some fantastic rooms and suites, and I stayed in one overlooking the patio where the band played and had breezes off the beach every morning - it was wonderful. The hotel also has some rooms which are undergoing renovations, admittedly from a latino decor but nevertheless to a really cool and enticing euro-white style.

Also, noticeably absent from the reviews that hammer the staff, make allegations of inappropriate behavior and general malfeasance, are any reference to that there's lots of nudists at the hotel. consistent with the adult lifestyle focus. There's a clothing optional swimming pool separate from the main pool that is quaint and intimate with cabana beds surrounding it, that I enjoyed in addition to the new hammocks in the main pool area - great way to relax and take it easy swinging in the breeze.

Finally, I stayed there just before Semana Santa and they had unscheduled exotic body painting that although I didn't take part in, I enjoyed immensely.

So here's my advice - this is an adult hotel for adult fun where you can meet other like minded people from all over the world. It's not perfect, but the food is very good, the rooms are comfortable (and as I saw getting better), and if you want an experience, that is a Costa Rica experience right on the beach (physically closest hotel to the beach which is only 30 or so feet from the entrance), then come and enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CuTeeBBR
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We had a great time at the Copacabana! We definitely want to recommend this great place! Thanks to all the staff for made our vacations a dream!

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Annycalifornia
Toronto
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We enjoyed everything about this hotel. It's on the beach, you can walk into town of Jaco, friendly and helpful staff, amazing food and great ambiance. What else can you ask for on vacation?

Our 1-bed unit was spacious and clean. We saw the most amazing sunsets from our balcony…the hotel offers free wireless internet service and free long distance phone calls to all their guests. The all-inclusive option was a great value, good selection of food items/drinks…..you must try their signature drink… MIGUELITO!!!!!

We had a great holiday. We will definitely return and would not hesitate in recommending this hotel.

Muchas Gracias!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TuF_RyDa
ontario
Reviewed 24 April 2012

as usual the copa is the hot spot on the beach.my week went by to fast.in the last year there,s been a lot of upgrades,nice ones.the scenery on the beach is always good but still can,t compare to the copa,s pools.being the only place on the beach with live entertainment there,s never a dull moment.as long as airfairs stay low i,ll have to go back more oftin.i had a great time.

Room Tip: get an ocean view it,s the only way to go for those unbelievable sunsets
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Heredia, Costa Rica
Reviewed 22 April 2012

just came back from the Copacabana and like always we had an amazing time.
We live in Heredia so is really easy to go just for the weekend.
ocean front suites are clean and big, the food is for sure the best in town and the staff makes you feel like home!
we highly recommend the Copacabana!
thank you guys one more time for the best time!

Room Tip: Ocean front suites with jacuzzi
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple