“Adults only and you'll have a good time.”

Copacabana Hotel & Suites
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Jaco
Nashville, Tennessee
“Adults only and you'll have a good time.”
Reviewed 23 February 2009

Had a pleasant trip, beautiful country, nice people, warm sand beach, clean rooms, easy check in. We had a little difficulty locating the hotel when we arrived, but after asking a local it was easy. The location was wonderful, right on the beach, parking right on the premises, food was superb, staff was friendly especially Ginger, guests were friendly and were easy to visit with. We do wish they had more amenities geared for the sun bather. We didn't have any chaise lounge chairs, only little folding chairs that we carried out to the beach for every beach visit. They only have two folding chairs. The sun is very warm which means I need to be in the shade most of the time and we simply walked to the next resort that had sand under their palm trees. Guess I'm saying that if you want to spend a lot of time at the beach you might want to check another resort on the beach. This resort is geared more for the fisherman groups that aren't interested in the beach as much. There was a considerable amount of noise in the evenings, so be prepared to stay up late and sleep in the morning. We were in the studio rooms which had more exposure to the noises.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brenda M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed 16 February 2009

My wife and I just returned from a 10 day 39th anniversary trip to CR in February, with 2 days at the Copacabana. We were more than pleased. From the complimentary welcome drink at the cozy bar in back to the Jacuzzi suit with a stunning ocean sunset view, our stay was just outstanding. Myrna (with the wonderful smile), at the front desk, will take care of your every need. Ginger, taking orders in the restaurant, made our anniversary dinner especially memorable (ask for her "made with love" ice tea).
While Jaco is not a particularly family oriented location, it is not the nest of drug dealers and prostitutes that some reviewers would lead you to believe. This is a popular tourist destination, with the attending "services" that are found in any such location. If you look for them, they will be found, but please don't think that's the main point of interest.
This is an older property, but well maintained. They have a fine restaurant and bar, nice pool and new construction underway for what appears to be a giant hot tub. We stayed in a suit, but the regular rooms looked perfectly adequate, if a bit small.
I would recommend the Copa, and hope to stay there again soon.

• Liked — Location, service and restaurant
  • Disliked — stairs and Internet service
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2008

I have been staying at the Copa every time I visit Costa Rica, which now has been about 10 times over the past 2 years. I love the Copa, its staff, food, entertainment and definitely its location. I love hearing the music in the morning till night. The karaoke nights are awesome along with the live music. The renovations to the hotel are great especially the pool. The rooms are adequate and the prices, reasonable! I have become like family to the staff including the watchdogs, Scruffy and Sally. I always overstay my visit as the Copa is addictive because its so great! Thanks to all the staff, Fernando, Pablito, Edgar, Vivianna, Raquel, Ginger (the best karaoke singer, ever!) and of course the cook Norma and a special shout out to Keki. I can't forget Luis and Katia for their hospitality as well as Vivecca, Ronald and Myrna for their welcomes and Santiago for watching out for me at night! Gracias a todos, los quiero mucho!!!!!!!! Thanks guys, Pura Vida from la chica de Canada, ya sabes, besos y abrazos fuertes!!!!

• Liked — The staff, food, accomodation!
  • Disliked — There is not enough time to stay!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank Fresa10
Peru
Reviewed 26 August 2008

Excellent is the only word I can use to describe my stay.
Let me start with my room I stayed in one of the suites with jacuzzi on the Balcony while I was relaxing I was having a drink and watching the ocean.
The food at the Restaurant was amazing, the parties at the Bar incredible.
The Staff is helpful they booked all my tours.
I am booking again for new years everybody told me The Copacabana has the Best New years party and dinner with The Blind Pigs. I will be there for sure.
The Spa was great, relaxing.
They have an Adult Area where you can tan with jacuzzi .
Everything was perfect THANKS.

• Liked — The room with private jacuzzi on the balcony
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed 9 August 2008

I just had another great trip to Costa Rica, and of course stayed several times in the Copacabana. Often times, when a client becomes familiar with the employees there is an unintentional drop-off in service. But, not at the the Copa. I was greeted every stay, as well as every day, by a hello and a smile. The pool had been refinished, the karioki nights were a blast, the food and drinks were just as good as they always are, the view was beautiful, the beach was right in front of my room. What more can you ask for?

• Liked — On the beach, good food drink and fun
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
San Jose
Reviewed 20 June 2008

I have stayed at the Copacabana around 20 times. They support the Surfing Federation in Costa Rica, beach cleanups, overall town planning and more. They are one of the "good citizens" of Jaco.

The staff is always friendly with me. I am from the US, but long ago gave up the "ugly American" attitude. I go to Jaco to enjoy the beach, the ocean, the laid back lifestyle. I have been there several times when I heard people say "I changed my flights, and I'm staying here another week...or two!"

I have taken my four children there and they have had a good time, been well treated, and love the food like I do.

The menu is varied and priced very reasonably. Around 10 items for breakfast ranging from fruit plates to heavier fillng omelettes and more. Lunch, snacks, dinners...lots of fresh seafood, all prepared on order.

The suites overlook the ocean...right on the beach really means right on the beach! These are large rooms that easily sleep 4. They provide kitchens and thus a good place to buy local food and cook it ourselves, which we do frequently. The refrigerators are good size for this type of situation, and hold the food well. I was just told they are adding jacuzzi hot tubs on the balconies!

The studio rooms are smaller, but easily adequate for 2. We choose these when we don't plan to cook, and don't need the view. More economical too, when that matters.

The air conditioning, fans, water, lights all work normally. Occasionally there is a problem, like anywhere, but the staff is quick to fix it. Water pressure does vary, but that is a Costa Rica building problem, not a Copacabana problem.

The pool is cleaned daily, and this last trip they were drained and re-tiling the whole thing for even better maintenance.

The new spa is wonderful, the massages great, and the Pina Coladas sweet and delicious.

If you want a great value right on the beach in Jaco, I whole-heartedly recommend the Copacabana Hotel & Suites.

• Liked — Beach, beach, beach, and friendly staff, good food
  • Disliked — The hot tub was not hot, but jacuzzi worked.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
toronto
Reviewed 27 May 2008

All I can say is I had a blast. This is exactly the vacation I was looking for. The food was excellent and the entertainment was non-stop. We stayed for 7 days. I will be going back again. If your looking for a place to have FUN ( not laying around reading ) this is it. I will go back soon.

Donna z

• Liked — the view
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends