“Finally a place worth coming back to!”

Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I stayed here in early April for a few days as I have a local customer. I used to struggle to find a decent place with a fast internet connection. One of the guy's at the company I call on recommended this place, and I gotta tell you...this is the first time I wanted to stay longer! Awesome rooms, fast internet, just a beautiful all around location with the best facilities. The restaurant has great food and you couldn't ask for a more picture perfect view. I may have to bring the wife next time!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Oakr8er

Reviewed 18 April 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay, it was the best time of our lives. Right on the beach, beautiful room, great service. Romantic sunsets... better than Hawaii and much more affordable. We plan on going every year for the rest of our lives..

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank manz069384
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I loved the ambiance of the hotel, very tropical feeling that went along perfectly with the beachfront location. The rooms were very clean and spacious, friendly service by the hotel staff, and the restaurant was amazing!! I would definitely stay here again. A little piece of paradise!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Maggie L
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I'm a 30 yr.+ visitor to Costa Rica averaging two visits a year. Until this recent trip I've avoided Jaco like a plague due to high sleaze factor in spite of reasonably good surf. It wasn't a place I would bring my family. I just got back from a month in CR and decided to give Jaco a second look based upon a recommendation from a friend and the need to get a quick surf fix while based elsewhere. The Jaco Laguna Resort has only been open for a few months and is located at the extreme south end of Jaco bay. The location was great; couldn't tell you were actually in Jaco. The rooms were clean, good bathrooms, very comfortable beds, great restaurant (although not very busy yet), and an extremely accomodating staff. The hotel is right on the beach so its great for walks or just lounging in the pool watching the surf. Its a 20 minute walk on the beach to the center of town if you just have to get town fix. I spoke to the owner and he explained that he basically renovated an older hotel and updated the rooms, bathrooms and grounds. He did a great job. Working with an existing structure brings its own limitations and if I had a "wish that..." about the resort it would be that the windows in the room looked over the pool and ocean rather than the back lot. If only the entries were in the rear and the view was West. But hey, you're in Costa Rica and who spends a lot of time in the hotel room? This place was a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: The second and third floors have better views from the front entry hall (veranda) but you've got...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeffrey B
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I just came back from a week at the Jaco Laguna Hotel in Jaco beach, Costa Rica. I traveled there with my children. It was an absolutely great experience. The owners were there and were very helpful and friendly. The Breakers Restaurant is on the terrace overlooking the ocean and is the perfect place to have a delicious meal. The chef is so talented and it was truly the best meals we had while there. They even prepared a special meal for my daughter for her birthday and that was great. The rooms are spacious and the mattresses are like sleeping on a cloud. We found ourselves not wanting to get out of bed in the morning. They have a cool tiki bar on the beach and make all the exotic fruit drinks that were so good. The staff was very helpful and they booked some really exciting tours for us as well. My children loved the pool and were very happy at the resort. The rooms were very clean and they have great internet access. I would strongly recommend this place to all and will be coming back again with my family and a few friends on my next vacation. The location was perfect and very safe.

Room Tip: Any room should be fine. New hotel with great air conditioners and flat screens.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I just finished a nice vacation with my wife and children. We had a wonderful time playing in the surf and sun. The hotel was very beautiful. The staff was very friendly and well orgainized. The food was amazing, I felt like I was in a 5 star hotel and rest/bar in paradise, and that was the point. I have stayed in a few locations in Costa Rica and this was the first time I was not only satified, but very impressed. We are already planning our next vacation and we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. There are so many things to do so close to Jaco, there is no reason to go anywhere else.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are directly infront of the beach. Room 23 is on the third floor and it is huge.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I traveled to Jaco with a group of students from the States and wasn't quite sure what to expect. Let me preface this by saying that Jason and his team were incredibly helpful at assisting me with all of our logistics prior to arrival, including arranging airport transportation.

When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised at how incredibly beautiful the property was; it was on the southern end of the beach (with direct beach access) and an amazing pool area as well. We were told that they are still putting the finishing touches on the property (they just opened in January) but we found them to have most everything we needed.

The rooms were incredibly clean with adequate space. I liked that they included a fan, in addition to the a/c. I found the bed to be very comfortable. My only complaint would have been to have an extra blanket as I'm always cold but overall it was a great stay.

Breakfast was included in our rate and we were greeted with eggs, rice, beans and fruit every morning. It was a nice touch. The pool area is also quite nice; they have quite possibly the most comfortable lounge chairs I've ever laid on.

The property is located a short distance from the center of town. As others have stated, it was about a $2 cab ride into town, or you could just walk up the beach. We found this to be a great, safe and quiet location.

We were fortunate enough to meet both Jason, his wife Lilly and their cute little guy Marlin. What a lovely family and they were so helpful in suggesting restaurants and things to do. Jason was great about assisting us with setting up visits to Manuel Antonio and zip-lining. I'd be remiss if I didn't add that it was fun having their dog, Ranger, running around too.

Overall, a great stay with friendly staff and an owner who genuinely cared about making sure we had everything we needed to make our trip great.

Room Tip: I had room 22 which was located on the third floor; it worked out well.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Hotel Pumilio
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Hotel Villa Creole
Hotel Villa Creole
#12 of 40 in Jaco

Been to Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club? Share your experiences!