“Exceeded my expectations!”

Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just arrived back from my first trip to Costa Rica. I took a chance after researching on Trip Advisor and stayed at the Laguna Resort. It exceeded my expectations! My husband and I have stayed at many 5 star resorts and hotels and this little jewel in the rough holds it own against the big name resorts. The property is located at the south end of Jaco Beach. The food and drinks at the Tiki Bar were delicious! You have to try the pina coloda made with the best tasting pineapple! Staff is friendly and fun! Surf lessons are a big hit. You can sit directly on the beach and enjoy a beverage or dinner while watching the sunset. Clean pool and accommodations. Mattress is super comfy and air conditioner works great. Not much I can say negative about this place. We will be back for sure! If you are looking for a relaxing, enjoyable stay at a reasonable price, you will get your money's worth and more!

Room Tip: Get out early to the pool to get a lounge chair if the place is full.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have been traveling to Costa Rica several times for work and can truly appreciate this property! Everyone is so friendly, accommodating and hardworking. Always felt safe, property was clean, beds are COMFY and the entire hotel is wonderfully taken care after. This trip, I decided to bring my boyfriend along and we had such a memorable experience. While I was busy with work, he was able to hang out by the pool and work remotely via wifi... when I came home, he said the highlight of his trip was the awesome surf lessons... and according to him, a definite must-do! He ended up renting a board from the hotel the rest of the trip. We were there for 4 nights and never felt the need to dine off property - the food was some of the best I've had in CR and very reasonably priced... Tiki bar was GREAT and the view of the sunset... just amazing! So happy to have found this hotel after being disappointed in Jaco and the surrounding area many times. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great place to stay! The entire staff was friendly and helpful. Judith at the reception desk was great very helpful and professional. The staff at the Tiki bar were fun and friendly. The food was very good didn't meet the chefs but they did a great job. The rooms were roomy and clean, the pool was nice and the hotel is right on the beach. Great place to swim and relax.
Wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I spend a week at this beautiful spot, service and food were awesome, Taxi always there for you(to thwe town, adventures ZIP lIning, ATV´s ,fishing, Jungle trips) Best TIKI BAR on JAco Beach where you can enjoy sunset and margaritas with your family or buddies. Surfers can catch some waves right there on resorts beach. It was the best vacation i´ve ever been on. I highly recomend this place
Brano K.
Slovakia

Room Tip: Each room is excellent
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brano84
Reviewed 7 April 2014

What a find! I like the Jaco area and have stayed there several times. The only letdown had been the hotels, and I've tried several. But now we have a keeper! What a great little place. A little off the beaten path. Right on the best stretch of beach in Jaco. Just far enough away from town to feel intimate, yet close enough to walk if you like the hustle and bustle. Bicyles are also available. The rooms are spotless, the air is cold and the beds were surprisingly comfortable! WIFI service was flawless and the flatscreen TVs are good quality. The food was excellent from appetizer to entree with very reasonable prices. Another plus is that I always felt safe there making it a little easier to let go, sit back, relax, have a beer from the Tiki Bar, and prepare to enjoy some of the most glorious sunsets on this planet! You can also call a local U.S. number to make a reservation which eased my concerns about sending my credit card info to Costa Rica in advance, and actually talk to a live person who will make the process seamless. Thank you Laura!!
Now to the best part. I have always believed that the people make the place. And it has never been more true than at Jaco Laguna. The staff there is without a doubt the best I've ever experienced in Jaco. It restored my faith in service. Always so nice, smiling, helpful, and working so hard to please. I felt like family from the moment I stepped on the property. From the guard gate to the front desk (thank you Vicki & Angie!), from the kitchen (thank you Hugo!), to the Tiki Bar (thank you Rebeca, Rosa & Henri), to the girls that expertly made the rooms each day, I salute you all.
I did have the opportunity to meet and have an extended conversation with the owner on this trip. I think this place all comes together because of his vision and guidance. Great job Jerry!
I will look no further for a First Class Hotel in Jaco. I've found it!! See you next time, Speedo

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great weather, Fantastic spot. Drove through mountains from airport en route, Beautiful.
The hole family enjoyed so much all I get is... when can we go back.
Resort makes you feel like you're part of their family, excellent and I strongly recommend Laguna Resort.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank w8kr
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I just got back from another Business Trip, and stayed at the Jaco Laguna Resort. I had been here before last year, and thought, okay, maybe it was a fluke? Usually when I go to a hotel, and come back for a second visit, it's never quite as good. Maybe because my expectations are higher?

Regardless, I LOVE this place! It's only about an hour or so from the airport, with a great onsite restaurant and beachfront bar. My room this time, while different, was great yet again! SUPER clean and very comfortable bed. The Bathrooms/showers were clean, the water warm, with good pressure.

Now, my favorite part! The Restaurant is better than all others I visited as far as quality, price and variety! I'm actually done experimenting, and will only eat here now. Not to mention the staff being super accommodating!

I read a few negative reviews on tip advisor, and I just don't get it? Who is writing these? I've never had Wifi Issues, and not enough shade and a ding? I saw plenty of shade by the pool and property in general.

Again, I look forward to my annual visits now, and it is THE BEST kept Secret in Costa Rica!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Oakr8er
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Oceano Boutique Hotel & Gallery
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Hotel Mar de Luz
Hotel Mar de Luz
#4 of 40 in Jaco

Been to Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club? Share your experiences!