“Good day time activity”
Review of Catarata Bijagual

Catarata Bijagual
Ranked #16 of 53 things to do in Jaco
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The waterfall is beautiful. Definitely a all day adventure and good for those nature lovers. Tons of birds and critters along the way.

All reviews
"exercise"
"treacherous"
"flora"

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This is an expensive waterfall hike, but we'll maintained! The pools were low, but during the dry season, still waist deep. The hike back is steep - you know what your in for on your way down! Approx. 500 meter elevation climb! Check Google for directions!

1  Thank jennyfinny
Reviewed 29 March 2018

This was my 5th time hiking to this fabulous waterfall. Previously I had hiked with friends, husband, adult children, etc. However, on this occasion I hiked with another female friend. We enjoyed the hike, loved the waterfall. We brought plenty of water and a lunch. While enjoying our lunch and everything about this incredible waterfall we were approached by a man that was extremely intimidating and made us very uncomfortable. On this day we found ourselves alone because there were not many other visitors. Our hike back was extremely unnerving and we felt we were in danger. The waterfall is amazing the hike is awesome if you are in great physical shape, however, be aware that this is hike that would be better to be accompanied by a guide and/or male companions because there is no access to alert anyone if an urgent situation should arise.

2  Thank Valerie D
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The trip to the water fall is worth to take for those who like difficult hiking. Going down was easy, we saw two macaws and a snake, we went down to the bottom of the waterfall, the mist coming from the waterfall is so refreshing, the bathed in the piscinas. The way up was far more difficult than going down, but I had my five years old son on my back. We came back in 50 minutes and felt exhausted, but feeling awesome and so delighted. Take water and bananas with you (3 liters of water was not enough) track is difficult, but if you have food, water and time to rest (we were rushing things) track can be conquered.

3  Thank Kestutis S
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

After reading so may reviews about how tough this hike was I was a bit concerned .
However , as a quite tiny 60 year old woman I actually found it no problem at all and well worth the effort. I took my time going down , almost an hour and a half, because of all the hype. We came back up in 45 minutes . Don't let the reviews scare you off. There are plenty of rest stops, and little water falls for cooling you down . A swim in the pools is a great little break ! So very glad we finished off our three week trek with this one!

2  Thank 5lucy