“Jaco Family Vacation”
other travellers have booked this property
Front Gate where you will meet security
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Front Gate where you will meet security
newly renovated
Newly tinted windows
renovated shower doors and bathroom fixtures.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

jville123...
Jacksonville, Oregon
“Jaco Family Vacation”
Reviewed 8 March 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Five of us stayed at this location for a week in January. Overall the experience was good with some provisos:

On the positive side, this location was one of the best in the area for security, privacy, centralized location with ease of access both the local area and general area. The complex was modern, clean, well landscaped, quiet and family friendly without the trapping of a large resort complex. The condo itself was clean, fairly comfortable, and nicely decorated. The landlord was easy to work with was committed to providing a nice stay.

Areas to consider: while the condo had good basic furnishings there were several issues that made the stay interesting. The kitchen dishes and accessories were pretty mismatched, kinda like the stuff I had in my first place when I was a bachelor and stocked my kitchen by hitting Goodwill. You can make it work, it's just interesting. My best example is the coffee maker. We found 3 drip coffee makers, two didn't work and we patched the third one together using parts from the first two. It still leaked badly and we had to put it on a large dish so it would leak all over the counter and ended up with a half pot for every full pot we made. Laundry was similar, worked but the drainage backed up and leaked under the sliding glass door so that we had to put towels down. Many light bulbs out, sliding glass door latch badly needed repair, bedding and towel adequate but not that nice, etc. Just little things like that which could have easily been attended to and would have made that place seem as nice as the setting in which it was located and a better value.

We did use the landlord's tour business to book local adventures. Easy, cost comparable to the ton of other tour service providers, and personable. We tried a 2 hour fishing trip on the small boat that she had access to. I would not recommend that option. We would have been happy just catching some bottom fish for grilling during our stay. Captain seemed only able to fish one way and didn't seem to have tackle or expertise to adjust when that way wasn't working. In all a waste of time and money.

Highly recommend waterfall rappelling out of Hermosa, great staff. Manual Antonio is highly overrated in our view. While it was well maintained, it was crowded and kinda dull, you really felt like a tourist there. We really enjoyed just taking the 4 wheel rental and GPS and just kinda getting lost on purpose either along the beach or inland. Got a better feel for life in Costa Rica.

Would we do it again, hell yes!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: See comments
Liked least: See comments
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
9 Mar 2016
Thanks very much for the review. I apologize for any inconveniences you and the family experienced in the villa. If I had known there were any issues with the villa I would have attended to them promptly as we do with all clients. We pride ourselves on our service and am only sorry we were not able to provide this to you had we known. I also apologize you did not enjoy the fishing tour, the captain tried his absolute best to make sure you and your family had a really nice time. I am glad you had a nice vacation for the rest of your time and the waterfall repelling tour I set you up on. I again apologize for any inconveniences you experienced at the villa. We appreciate the review.
sserna
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“great location and very comfortable”
Reviewed 28 December 2015 for a stay in April 2015

We stayed for a couple of days during spring break in 2015,.
We found the house very comfortable, in general was clean, but need a little maintenance and replace the dishes which are all chipped, the bathroom needed a deep clean with bleach, you know when you find black spots in the shower!!
Easy access to the house, nice neighbors, easy walking access to the beach, ( not the best beach ). if you don't want to cook , next door is a hotel with great buffet breakfast.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, The house was comfortable
Liked least: need to upgrade dishes in the kitchen, clean the bathrooms
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
31 Dec 2015
Hi there Sandra,

Was nice to have you back on April 2nd. In apologize as I didn't realize you had any issues until this review was written and your stay was 9 months ago. Since then we have given the villa an upgrade, new paint, new dishes, new sheets pillows towels etc. we certainly would have replaced anything needed during your stay back in April if you would have notified us!

We pride ourselves on cleanliness and am very surprised hear about any black in the shower, I have never seen this myself and would have also addressed it right away with the cleaning lady and have that fixed for you, perhaps it was sand in the shower.

I did help arrange all your transportation from Arenal volcano with my driver and tours here. I do hope you enjoyed them and still had a wonderful vacation.
94gil
Virginia
“A real steal for a great deal!!”
Reviewed 24 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed 5 days in the house, and it is a house. You get privacy and relaxation all in one place. You don't have to be bothered by unruly fellow trackers as this place is in a private gated community, and many of the other residents in the community live there full time.
The pool is great, security is great and the owner is just a phone call away.
I would highly recommend this property not only toy own family, but to my friends as fell.
The home us located in Jaco, a very popular vacation destination in Costa Rica and because of the location, it affords great access to the tourist attractions that are based in and around Jaco. You do not have to travel far to experience what Costa Rica is about.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
22 Aug 2016
Thanks so much! Glad we could help out. We can't wait to see you back here soon!
kathe1690
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Quiet place to relax”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

I loved this place, it's clean, quiet, right on the beach, rooms with a/c, has a parking lot and very close to town. Meg is very nice too! I'd recommend it :D

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
22 Aug 2016
Gracias Katherine! we are so happy you had a great time! It was a pleasure to have you both :)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing