“Best food in 3 weeks in Costa Rica”

Hotel Poseidon y Restaurante
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were greeted by a friendly hostess immediately who advised us about the special. She seated us and quickly took our drink order. Within minutes the restaurant was full to capacity. The kitchen was right out in the restaurant which was nice to be able to see your dinner being prepared. All staff dressed very professionally and very attentive. The food was incredible, large portions we couldn't finish, so they put in containers to take out. Their is no doubt we will return here many times during our 2 week stay I jaco. Well done.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 February 2014

The room was clean and comfortable, and the staff were pleasant and helpful. My only complaint was that our next door neighbor had a dog that he would sometimes leave in the room when he went out, and it would bark almost continuously when left alone.

Room Tip: The adjacent street is somewhat busy. Try to get a room away from it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the second hotel I stayed at, the first one blowing this one out of the water. My boyfriend and I checked in with a grumpy guy at the front desk that didn't want to be bothered and couldn't care less that we were there.. He didn't even smile or welcome us just handed us the keys and told us where our room was.. Ok maybe we were spoiled at our last hotel so we were optimistic. The room smelled funny and I would rather sleep on the floor then those terrible beds. When asking the hotel clerk where the best adventure and excursions were he rolled his eyes because he didn't want to be bothered. He then called one place and then handed me the phone to talk to the company, I don't speak Spanish so that didn't work out. Then they allow hookers to just hang out in the restaurant area and talk to anyone who walk by.. It's disturbing! The prostitutes would wink at my boyfriend when we walked by! This place is terrible they don't care about you as a customer or a person. I will never ever return

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Courtneyleeberries
PoseidonOwner, Owner at Hotel Poseidon y Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

I very sorry our Receptionist did not provide an customer service. We do appreciate the feedback. I will be talking to the Receptionist that is for sure. If you look at other reviews you will see we usually have good customer service. It would help to know which room you stayed so we can get that mattress changed.. As for the working girls, we do not allow them to hang out in our restaurant unless they are with someone. We do not love this part of Costa Rica either, but it is legal in the country. Again thanks for the feed back. Tim

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was fortunate to find this place thru Trip Advisor ! Our family took a trip to Costa Rica last week and were in need of a caterer...which is not as easy as one would think. Most of the caterers recommendations offered a full service five course menu that was way too costly for our budget. ($700-800 for dinner for 8) Since my husband and I were covering 90% of the trip- I thought it would be impossible to have any of the meals catered. Then I found Hotel Poseidon website and extensive menu as well as favorable customers reviews. Tim -(owner) was so easy to work with. He responded to my email on a daily basis and followed up regularly to make sure that I was happy with the selections. He did a full dinner service cooking at the house during a storm that created loss of power! Feeling very stressed and overwhelmed- he took charge of kitchen and worked the grill in the dark to provide a outstanding dinner! Thanksgiving dinner delivery was just as good- the sweet potato casserole was delicious...we tried to duplicate it once we got home but were not successful! I would highly recommend using his services- shopping at the market was not cheap for a family of eight and his pricing and extensive selection of good quality food make it a easy choice! Feel free to reach out to me with any specific questions that you may have. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I found this place using trip advisor and I am glad I studied the reviews. The only down fall is it was hard to find being this was my first time in Jaco. I parked across the street and the price was fair. The room was not as updated as I thought but I am not staying in the room the whole time. I did enjoy the weather and the area. I ended up eating breakfast in the restaurant and the coffee did not disappoint. I spoke with the attendant about doing a ATV tour and he made a call and set me up for a tour a hour and half later. He also allowed me to leave my beach bag full of fruit and bottled water there and kept filling it with ice as needed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

I got a great deal for one night here. The room was pretty unremarkable, nothing special. The gentleman at the front desk helped me to arrange a canopy tour and instructed me to be in the lobby at 12:40. I waited and waited and the front desk called for me and they were expecting me to drive to them, and because I needed to hot the road for Quepos, I missed the tour. Not a huge deal but a minor annoyance. However for those going to Jaco Beach the location can't be beat.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed for 3 nights at this place and was more than happy with everything. The restaurant is awesome for some pretty american type food. The room was clean, sizeable, and had air-conditioning. The staff was great and the pool was a nice touch for after the beach relaxing. Speaking of the beach, you're practically on it as well. Throw in its location to the beach and being right in the center of town and your in a perfect spot for pretty cheap. Would definitely head here again if I needed a cheaper place to stay without going full out hostel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends