“You can't go wrong with owners that are passionate about buisness!”

DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Brian & Chris seem to love what they do. Not a overly eggressive waiter in your face type of place. More like going to a really good friends house with beautiful gardens and clean rooms that make you feel like home!
If your looking for a place right on the beach, this isn't it! If you want a little hide away close to the beach and safe, This is your spot!
Thanks again Brian & Chris!

Room Tip: #19 between pool & bar
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 April 2011

Room was great. Location was great. Owners were great.
Best nachos on the planet!!!!
The place is small enough to feel intimate but still you get all you would expect from a large hotel.
If you are planning a trip to the Jaco beach area of Costa Rica I would recommend Doleluncas.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I am an avid traveller and have stayed at some of the most notable properties out there, and I will recommend this Beautiful and Luxurious Boutique Resort & Spa to all of my clients headed for Cost Rica. It’s a “Must Experience” if you’re in the area.

This is the most beautiful and serene resort I’ve ever been to and I’m sure one of the reasons is because it is a boutique resort & spa set in with the natural surroundings of flowers and fauna. Whether you love “all inclusive” or more independent holidaying, you will Love, love, love this resort.

Every moment felt like I was in paradise. The lush green grounds that give off the tangy sweet scent of the ylang ylang flowers, in the evenings, the music of the Cicadas in the trees that puts you to sleep at night, the friendly staff, the delicious breakfasts, the lazy afternoon dips, floating under the waterfall in the grotto, and the feeling of “home” which you get from the experienced, friendly, yet discreet staff while on vacation here is something I’d go back for any time at all. And I haven’t even mentioned the luxury of the rooms as yet. These rooms (and I managed to stay in 2 different ones during my 10 day holiday) feel more like posh little apartments, than anything else. The rooms (more like suites) are large, with vaulted ceilings and live plants and huge bathrooms that every girl wishes she had in her own home…the lighting is great, they’ve rigged up an excellent eco friendly system for their hot water source and they boast spa baths and nice products as well. And for the moments when you just want some quiet time, you’ve got your own personal garden patio to relax and enjoy a cocktail. I really felt spoilt!
Something else I noticed is that the entire property (and some rooms) are completely accessible for guests with mobility issues. Honestly, they’ve thought of everything!

I didn’t get a chance to check out the yoga classes at Doce Lunas this time (but there was a group from NYC that were there on a yoga retreat and we spent a day at the beach together and they couldn’t stop talking about how great everything was…nor did I get a chance to spoil myself with the massage and other spa facilities (I slept in on the morning of all my appts and that threw off my entire day…my loss! But, I’ll be back in the Paradise of Doce Lunas in the upcoming months and I will be sure to indulge myself then.

PS. Don’t forget to ask for the manager’s hot sauce on the side with your Desayuno tipico…Maybe if you’re lucky he’ll let you buy a small bottle to take home with you once you get addicted to the flavour.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Morena65
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I came to DolceLunas after 5 days in Montezuma and boy did I feel pampered. The rooms were large and luxurious...big, beautiful bathrooms and clean, hot water. For a little more than I was paying in Montezuma or San Jose I was treated to a completely different experience..pleasantly different. The grounds are serenely quiet and I found myself swimming in the pool in the middle of the night with a million stars above.
It's a little outside the downtown of Jaco..but anyone who knows and loves Jaco will tell you that it's good to be away from the bustle and hustle of Jaco, ut close enough to jump right back in....and this place is safe, safe, safe

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Upon arrival at DoceLunas Resort, we were ready to relax after a rather harrowing ride from the airport. Our first impression as we drove through the gate...Wow! This place is beautiful! Throughout our trip, our first impression was dead on. From check in to check out we had an outstanding time. The rooms are huge, clean and well appointed. The staff is courteous and cordial at all times. The food at the hotel was some of the best we had on our trip. I couldn't believe the world class cuisine coming out of their little kitchen! From local delicacies was absolutely delicious. The grounds are a tropical paradise with a huge tile mozaic pool that is so refreshing and inviting. The canopy of the rain forest provides you with shade from the mid day sun and a feeling of being right in the middle of the Garden of Eden. It was awesome. We truly had a great time!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2011

We stayed at DoceLunas in January, 2011. Although the resort was described to me, it was beyond what any description could have done for it. Lush green 'rain forest' trees lined the pathways. The pool was, not only perfect temperature, but was incredibly landscaped as well. The entire property, from the entrance to the rooms of the resort, was beyond expectation. I truly felt like I was at a magical place away from the 'fast life' and I can't wait to go there again. The staff was friendly and courteous, the bathtubs were HUGE, the food was very good for the convenience and the spa was great! I received the best and least expensive 1.5 hr massage that I've ever had!

I highly suggest DoceLunas to anyone interested in staying in Jaco, Costa Rica. A cheap cab ride gets you everywhere and there are lots of little everywheres all over Jaco!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2011

My husband and I recently spent a week at Doceluncas and just loved the resort. We enjoyed our spacious beautiful room; loved the private front porch and nice hot tub. The pool area was very relaxing with the waterfall, hot tub, walk in pool and sitting area in the water. We both took advantage of the masseuse and thought it was one of the top 3 we've had in our lives. The lounge/restaurant area is beautiful with all the tropical plants and flowers. The staff was very helpful navigating the area and customs - would not want to be in Jaco without the services of the concierge at Docelunas. We loved our stay and will look forward to going back again

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
1 mi away
Hotel Villa Caletas
#2 of 48 in Jaco District
Aparthotel Vista Pacifico
Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort

Been to DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!