“beautiful hotel, feels like a personal paradise”

DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Jaco
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“beautiful hotel, feels like a personal paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriend and it was a fantastic choice. The hotel is very serene, very beautiful, has a wonderful pool and tons of space to explore and wander around. The room we stayed in was super comfortable, and the water from the tap was very crisp and refreshing. The restaurant bar area is very nice as well, the drinks are reasonably priced as are the menu options, all the food we had was very good. I goto costa rica a few times a year and from now on whenever I goto Jaco i will stay at Doceluna. Friendly people, wonderful setting, beautiful accomidations as well as being very safe Some of the best sleep i HAVE EVER HAD!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

Docelunas is one of the most beautiful resorts I've found in Costa Rica and when you consider value, it's far and away the best I've experienced.

I've stayed here two other times in the past and know it's where I'll always stay in Jaco. The main reason for my trip was to scout possible locations for an upcoming feature film I'm making. As we need a lush, beautiful eco-resort, Docelunas was always at the top of the list even when writing the script. While there, I met with the owner who has always been incredibly friendly and is open to us coming down and not only shooting at his property, but also putting up our cast and crew for the 4-5 week shoot. The only issue we face now is planning far enough ahead to secure a time when the resort can accommodate that many rooms for that length of time, but I hope to see it happen by late this year or early next.

The hotel is conveniently located just a few minutes from Jaco which has all the amenities of a beach town, but while at the Docelunas, you feel the tranquility of not having anyone else around for miles. They have four full time staffers whose only job is to maintain the lush and tropical grounds and it certainly shows. The environment is a cinematographer's dream!

The pool and waterfall are amazing and the staff incredibly accommodating. When I wanted to take a swim at 1:30 in the morning, I just asked and they turned on the pool lights for me.

I highly recommend this property for anyone who appreciates beauty and nature, doesn't like crowds, and liked a quiet and comfortable place to stay on their vacation.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank robinhoodfilms
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

Beautiful grounds, friendly staff, and excellent food make this a unique and unforgettable experience! Be sure to get tips from the owners on the hot places to be every night. After 5 days we knew a large portion of the staff by name and were heartbroken to have to leave. Very clean and we felt safe enough to leave our door unlocked. We are already planning to return- not to be missed!

Room Tip: Pool-close rooms can be noisy, depending on guests
  • Stayed April 2011
Paramount, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

Brian & Chris seem to love what they do. Not a overly eggressive waiter in your face type of place. More like going to a really good friends house with beautiful gardens and clean rooms that make you feel like home!
If your looking for a place right on the beach, this isn't it! If you want a little hide away close to the beach and safe, This is your spot!
Thanks again Brian & Chris!

Room Tip: #19 between pool & bar
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
san diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

Room was great. Location was great. Owners were great.
Best nachos on the planet!!!!
The place is small enough to feel intimate but still you get all you would expect from a large hotel.
If you are planning a trip to the Jaco beach area of Costa Rica I would recommend Doleluncas.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

I am an avid traveller and have stayed at some of the most notable properties out there, and I will recommend this Beautiful and Luxurious Boutique Resort & Spa to all of my clients headed for Cost Rica. It’s a “Must Experience” if you’re in the area.

This is the most beautiful and serene resort I’ve ever been to and I’m sure one of the reasons is because it is a boutique resort & spa set in with the natural surroundings of flowers and fauna. Whether you love “all inclusive” or more independent holidaying, you will Love, love, love this resort.

Every moment felt like I was in paradise. The lush green grounds that give off the tangy sweet scent of the ylang ylang flowers, in the evenings, the music of the Cicadas in the trees that puts you to sleep at night, the friendly staff, the delicious breakfasts, the lazy afternoon dips, floating under the waterfall in the grotto, and the feeling of “home” which you get from the experienced, friendly, yet discreet staff while on vacation here is something I’d go back for any time at all. And I haven’t even mentioned the luxury of the rooms as yet. These rooms (and I managed to stay in 2 different ones during my 10 day holiday) feel more like posh little apartments, than anything else. The rooms (more like suites) are large, with vaulted ceilings and live plants and huge bathrooms that every girl wishes she had in her own home…the lighting is great, they’ve rigged up an excellent eco friendly system for their hot water source and they boast spa baths and nice products as well. And for the moments when you just want some quiet time, you’ve got your own personal garden patio to relax and enjoy a cocktail. I really felt spoilt!
Something else I noticed is that the entire property (and some rooms) are completely accessible for guests with mobility issues. Honestly, they’ve thought of everything!

I didn’t get a chance to check out the yoga classes at Doce Lunas this time (but there was a group from NYC that were there on a yoga retreat and we spent a day at the beach together and they couldn’t stop talking about how great everything was…nor did I get a chance to spoil myself with the massage and other spa facilities (I slept in on the morning of all my appts and that threw off my entire day…my loss! But, I’ll be back in the Paradise of Doce Lunas in the upcoming months and I will be sure to indulge myself then.

PS. Don’t forget to ask for the manager’s hot sauce on the side with your Desayuno tipico…Maybe if you’re lucky he’ll let you buy a small bottle to take home with you once you get addicted to the flavour.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Morena65
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

I came to DolceLunas after 5 days in Montezuma and boy did I feel pampered. The rooms were large and luxurious...big, beautiful bathrooms and clean, hot water. For a little more than I was paying in Montezuma or San Jose I was treated to a completely different experience..pleasantly different. The grounds are serenely quiet and I found myself swimming in the pool in the middle of the night with a million stars above.
It's a little outside the downtown of Jaco..but anyone who knows and loves Jaco will tell you that it's good to be away from the bustle and hustle of Jaco, ut close enough to jump right back in....and this place is safe, safe, safe

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family