“Beautiful hotel”

DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Web site and email response were top notch. Upon arriving, we realized there wasn't really a 2nd bed option for my friend and I (we reserved the VIP package w/ 1 king bed) so they immediately gave us the option of adding the VIP package to a deluxe room with 2 queen beds instead. We actually ended up "downgrading" to a normal room without the VIP package and saved a ton of money which was really nice. The grounds are beautiful as described and the restaurant/bar had plenty to eat and drink (they cooked up some fresh mahi that I caught and only charged a few bucks to create a full dish with some sides). Actually met the owner/manager Brian at the bar and he was extremely friendly and definitely specializes in customer service. Diego at the front desk was very friendly and helpful as well.

It is a short distance from the southern edge of town, so you pretty much have to take a cab to and from town. No big deal though as it is only a couple bucks each way. My only complaint was that they wanted $10 to throw a few articles of clothing in the dryer. I understand they can't just offer free laundry service to everyone, but in a place where it is known to rain daily, it would be nice to have a dryer on site even if you have to put in a dollar and do it yourself. Regardless we really enjoyed our stay, thank you!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 November 2011

About 8 years ago I first went to DoceLunas. For me it's the best place to stay at in Jaco Beach. DoceLunas was an increible experience. The rooms are have so much space, the bath rooms are top notch. The hotel service was excellent. About two month ago I went back to Jaco and while I was there I met the owner great guy, very friendly. The hotel has an incredible swimming pool, one thing i loved about it was the fact that I was able to use the pool and jacuzzi at any time I wanted there was no time limit as in other hotels that after 10pm you are not able to use the pool, that was not the case at DoceLunas.

The Hotel is extremely clean , and when it came time to sleep there was absolutely no noise from the outside. That was awesome!

I honestly recommend this place to any one coming down to Jaco Beach in Costa Rica. You will find an incredible hotel at an incredible price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Awabecr
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Doce Lunas is our favorite place to stay in Jaco. We have been here several times. We have checked out other hotels in the area in the past. We always come back here. Brian the manager provides great service. The grounds are always beautiful. The rooms are very comfortable. The food is good. Great place for couples or families.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I highly recommend Doce Lunas as a place to stay while visiting Jaco! I had a wonderful experience there recently and can't wait to return. The grounds are beautiful as well as relaxing. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were very inviting and well maintained. When we choose to stay on the grounds for a meal the service and food was exceptional. Overall the accommodations exceeded my expectations! Great place to stay!!!!

Reviewed 14 November 2011

I can't say enough good things about this hotel and my experience there. If you are looking for a quiet place to relax in the Jaco area, away from the hustle and bustle of town, you cannot go wrong with Doce Lunas. There is no other hotel you should even consider in the Jaco area. The hotel is on five acres of beautifully manicured grounds, that looks more like a botanical garden than the grounds of a hotel. Stunningly gorgeous and peaceful. It is nestled up against a mountain, in a quiet country area outside of town.Three sides of the hotel grounds have nothing but jungle and fields next to them, it feels very isolated, but it's minutes to town.Very Picturesque. It is an extremely quiet and restful place, i slept GREAT here. There is an enourmous free form shaped pool with a waterfall, and poolside showers, a nice touch. You can go to town on foot (about a 15 minute walk) or by taxi., which are readily available The hotel will also arrange tour buses to anywhere you want to go. I went on a day trp to Mauneul Antonio National Park , about an hour drive, and that is a must do excursion. There are many trips and adventures you can book right from the hotel, and they'll pick you up at the front desk area. Easy and painless, with no hassles. The grounds and atmosphere are so nice, you would be just as happy hanging around by the pool and chilling out. The hotel is gated and very safe, there is a guy who works the gate 24 hours a day. The hotel staff and owner are very accomodating, and will even help arrange transportation from San Jose Airport if you wish. Rooms are spacious and super clean, with tile floors, hardwood ceilings, and native hardwood furnishings, and huge bathrooms with the biggest tub/shower i've ever seen in a hotel. Nice TV and Wifi. Very comfortable firm mattress, super thick and nice. Each room is furnished with it's own air conditioner, which are state of the art and cool the room in minutes, it even has a handheld remote control. Easily the best air conditioning system of any hotel i've stayed at anywhere in the tropics. The rooms are spread out in a courtyard arrangementt. there are no bad rooms, there are only 20 rooms total on the grounds, so no crowds and each room feels like it's own little abode. There is a nice palapa bar and restaurant on site with cheap beers and good food. Not fancy but hearty. Prices are very reasonable. While i was there i met the new incoming chef, who is from DC and i think the food is going to be something really special on my next visit. I definitely plan to go back and I feel lke i have a home away from home in Costa Rica now. This is the kind of hotel i look for wherever i go; A place so perfect that it is it's own little world where you can do as little or as much as you want, with no regrets either way. It's a great base for adventures of any kind imaginable, or a quiet stunningly beautiful retreat, it's all up to you. A big thank you to Chris the owner for making our stay so special. Cannot WAIT to get back there. I picture the place in my mind every day, since i've been back. I"ve travelled all over the carribean and central america for 20 years, and countelss vacations and I can confidently say that there is no place quite like Doce Lunas. From the moment you arrive til the second you leave, you know that you are some place very special, and that you will return.

Room Tip: I stayed in the corner room overlooking the pool. I had my own private stone walk way to the pool ar...
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I can't say enough about DoceLunas. I have stayed at this hotel twice already and I am so confident that I will have a pleasant stay, that I have already booked my room when I go back to Jaco making this my third time to stay there. The first time I arrived at DoceLunas I was impressed with the employees at the front desk. They have great customer service and were very accommodating to my special requests in the most genuine way. I took my 10-year-old daughter and she absolutely loved it! It is kid friendly and she loved the pool and the nice grotto along with the authentic tasty food they had to offer. It was easy for me to unwind in the restaurant and bar area. The second time I went was on a couple’s trip and my girlfriend loved it as well. They have yoga if you want to unwind and an amazing art collection through out the property. One of the owners took the time to explain the story behind a few pieces, which I appreciated. All these little touches along with the privacy they provide, makes this one of the most perfect vacations for all.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2011

First off, if I could've given a ten out of ten stars I would without hesitation. I stayed Oct. 27th through October 31st with a large group of friends. I've stayed at a lot of hotels all around the world and this was the best experience to date. The grounds are simply amazing. The food and service at the bar is excellent. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the free wi-fi internet and the tv with a lot of channels were great. The pool area is beautiful and features a waterfall with a hidden cave behind. All employees were very kind and friendly and made sure you were having a great time. Chris, the owner, bent over backwards to make your experience with them the best it could possibly be. They even put on a Halloween Haunted House for the local kids, which was awesome of them. Thanks Chris and everyone at Docelunas for everything....it was a once in a lifetime experience...until I come back!