Don't get me wrong - the hotel is great. It's quiet, has lovely grounds and is 1km out of town and away from the hoards. The pool is lovely and the restaurant serves good honest food. However, having travelled through Costa Rica we found our final stop at this Jaco hotel a little on the tired side. The staff were helpful to a point but did not reflect the super efficient and go-getting Costa Rican staff we'd met at previous hotels on our trip. If we'd arrived there first as part of our trip, I am sure we'd be thinking the service compared to some other parts of the world we'd think this was excellent.
The restaurant for dinner lacked any atmosphere - it has such potential given the quality of the food but the drinks prices were ridiculously expensive, the hotel manager acted as if his needs came first as he sat watching the basketball on the bar tv turned up loudly distracting the only diners - us. The customers had to like it or lump it. The staff were lacklustre and seemed surprised when we showed up (the only people there - despite the hotel being full).
The hotel feels a little tired and as if it needs some fresh ideas to pep it up a bit. That said, we had a lovely time, and I thoroughly recommend a day trip to Manuel Antonio and a trip to Punta Leona ($25 in a cab, ask them to drop you at the beach and ask for directions to the white sand beach NOT $75 day trip).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoceLunas is a spectacular Four Star hotel with five acres of tropical gardens at the base of a cool jungle covered mountain. Coatimundi, kinkajou, anteaters, toucans, and scarlet macaws can be seen here. We have a lovely mosaic lined pool with a waterfall cave, a full services spa, and daily yoga classes. Check out our excellent reviews and come join us in paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Priceline, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Jaco
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Doce Lunas Hotel
- Doce Lunas Resort
- DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Costa Rica/Jaco