“Thank you Docelunas”

DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I just returned from 4 nights at Docelunas. My experience was incredible and we received the best personal service from co-owner Brian Sam. I traveled with my 88yr old father and his wheelchair and my Aunt. Due to my dad's limited mobility we required special trip planning. From the minute I emailed Brian, he called me and set up a trip that would fit our needs. The room and grounds were beautiful and perfect for the wheelchair. He picked us up late at night at the airport and then drove us around for the next 4 days! We were able to relax and truly feel like we were on vacation. The rooms were spacious and fit 3 beds comfortable. The pool water was so clean and the drinking water was delicious. Each night we ate the freshest fish, salad and fruit at the open air restaurant. We had special dietary restrictions and they were easily able to accommodate. The hotel even hosts the local kids for a Halloween party and we joined in the fun. A cluster of butterflys surrounded our room each morning. On our trip we saw Crocs, birds, monkeys, licking toads, cutting ants , sloughs, etc. Also, we took great yoga classes in their studio on property. The staff was kind and helpful. But the best was Brian's personal attention to detail and his high level of quality service and professionalism. He even woke up at 530am to drive us to see the Turtle hatching in Jaco. I am looking forward to returning.....

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I am a return guest at Doce Lunas and the reasons are that it has everything that I need and still delights.
Jaco is fun to visit and shop, go to the beach, see attractions but the best base is five minutes from the town center at Doce Lunas where you have the stunning grounds and amazing pool.
The rooms are big and the bathrooms clean and spacious.
The restaurant busts out great meals and I really feel like I am in a tropical paradise.
Love the place.
Oh, they have a cool yoga studio too.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Larisa K
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I just spent the night at the DoceLunas near Jaco. What a delight to stay here! The grounds are beautiful, serene and relaxing. When we got here they upgraded us to a larger suite with a king bed. The room is spacious and very comfortable!
Even though we were one of two guests staying here, they kept the restaurant open for us. The food was amazing. The staff here are very courteous and go out of their way to assist you. The owner Brian came over and introduced himself and was very gracious in talking to us about the area.
We will stay here again. Try it. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rmacnab
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Doce Lunas was recommended to me by my nephew who has lived in Jaco the past two summers. He said of all the hotels in the area, Doce Lunas has the friendliest staff, most lush courtyard and the best restaurant and bar. His advice was spot on. I stayed four nights at Doce Lunas. The room was spacious and very comfortable. The location is safe, secure and convenient. One morning I walked to the beach, but cab service is excellent in Jaco with vehicles arriving just five minutes after being called. The staff went overboard to welcome me, providing the best service I have ever experienced at a hotel. I highly recommend Doce Lunas to anyone staying in Jaco.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Godfrey60
Reviewed 15 September 2013

A tropical haven that is undeniably the BEST hotel and grounds with amazing staff. The rooms and bathrooms are huge. You can sleep so well, nature watch and Jaco is a cheap taxi ride away. About five minutes...I keep coming back because it always delights.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Doce Lunas is my favourite thing about coming to Jaco. It is the perfect place to chill out and escape from the madness of town, but near enough to get to it when you need. Brian and Chris are amazing and so accomodating, it really does feel like a home away from home. The pool is beautiful and a perfect place to relax during the day. The rooms and bathrooms are huge and spotlessly clean and the food is delicious. It's absolute luxury but at an affordable price! The nicest place to stay in Jaco by far!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed here for a family wedding, and it was so beautiful, so lush, and relaxing. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Costa Rica is an amazing place, and I would definately recommend staying here if traveling to Jaco.

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
1 mi away
Hotel Villa Caletas
#2 of 48 in Jaco District
Aparthotel Vista Pacifico
Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort

Been to DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa

Address: Quebrada Seca | 400 M Este from Costanera, Jaco, Garabito Municipality 4132, Costa Rica
Region: Costa Rica > Province of Puntarenas > Garabito Municipality > Jaco District > Jaco
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Top resorts Hotel in Jaco
#4 Spa Hotel in Jaco
#4 Family Hotel in Jaco
#6 Romantic Hotel in Jaco
Price Range: £76 - £151 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa 3*
DoceLunas is a spectacular Four Star hotel with five acres of tropical gardens at the base of a cool jungle covered mountain. Coatimundi, kinkajou, anteaters, toucans, and scarlet macaws can be seen here. We have a lovely mosaic lined pool with a waterfall cave, a full services spa, and daily yoga classes. Check out our excellent reviews and come join us in paradise! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant And Spa