I traveled to Costa Rica in January from San Diego CA. I arrived at Doce Lunas from the airport via a chauffeured 4-wheel drive vehicle. The driver pointed out highlights of the beautiful countryside; the coffee plants growing mountainside and lake-dwelling crocodiles. I got to the resort a few hours before my sister & brother-in-law.
After strolling the verdant grounds, taking in the gorgeous architecture and plant-life I met the owner, the manager and very friendly, attentive wait staff at the bar.
After only a couple of times at the on-site restaurant and bar, the staff knew my dining and drinking preferences. Being a vegetarian, I frequently encounter challenges with meals when traveling, the Doce Lunas chefs created lots of delicious local fruit and vegetable dishes for me. My favorite local beer and fresh guacamole awaited me each time I frequented the bar.
The spa and pool areas were superb. I enjoyed a wonderful massage and afterwards relaxed poolside with a cool beverage and a book. I began my days with a session in the yoga studio, overlooking the grounds. Then headed for breakfast and delicious coffee.
My corner room overlooking the pool was spacious and extremely comfortable. I enjoyed having windows and doors open to the tropical air. The bathroom was large and equipped with spa-grade natural products.
We participated in many outdoor activities, arranged for by the helpful staff. Doce Lunas is located very conveniently to town, the beach, and for day trips to Manuel Antonio and other ecological sites. I got in an early morning surf session and was able to meet my sister and brother-in-law for lunch before an afternoon/evening on the town.
I highly recommend Doce Lunas. I anxiously await my next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoceLunas is a spectacular Four Star hotel with five acres of tropical gardens at the base of a cool jungle covered mountain. Coatimundi, kinkajou, anteaters, toucans, and scarlet macaws can be seen here. We have a lovely mosaic lined pool with a waterfall cave, a full services spa, and daily yoga classes. Check out our excellent reviews and come join us in paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Jaco
- Doce Lunas Hotel
- Doce Lunas Resort
- DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Costa Rica/Jaco