“"Perfect"”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Jaco
Arizona
“"Perfect"”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

After traveling around Costa Rica for almost a week and a horrible hotel experience in La Fortuna (Arenal) we arrived at a little piece of paradise sitting on a mountain top. We spent the last three nights at Vista Pacifico and it was perfect. Juliana and James were awesome and knew the places to go and things to see. The ambiance at the hotel is great, just sitting neat the pool and being greeted by other patrons to the hotel, just kind of made you feel like you were at home. We stayed in a one bedroom and the upstairs room with the wind blowing and ceiling fan, was better then an air conditioner. The kitchen was equipped with all everything you need to cook, they even have a barbeque grill near the pool. A nice breakfast in the morning was perfect before heading out for the day. We traveled with two children (ages 2 and 7) and they both loved it. Will surely be back on our next journey to Jaco.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank weluv2travelAZ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I went to Jacó to go ATVing and I didn't want to leave, so I found the hotel online. I happened to snag the last room which is smaller than the rest but still very nice. It had a kitchenette and a nice big bed and TV/ AC, coffee maker. The staff was extremely accommodating. The best staff two person staff yet. The breakfast was great. They had pastries, fruit, yogurt, fruit juice. The only problem is that is not really walking distance to the beach the route (It's very far but it's not walkable) but the view from the mountains is great and there's a nice big pool.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kay K
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2012

After a long day in Jacó, we were treated to incredible hospitality, unlike any I have experienced anywhere else. The room was clean, water was hot, and the kitchen was well equipped. After watching the sun set from the clean and refreshing swimming pool, my husband and I enjoyed watching the tree frogs and gecko's frolic around the beautiful gardens. In the morning we were treated to a wonderful complimentary breakfast of fresh fruit, pastries, coffee, juice, yogurt, and homemade granola. This is a fabulous place to stay. We have already recommended the hotel to others. Thanks for making us feel "at home"!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights of our honeymoon. We loved it! The owners and staff are amazing....friendly and super helpful. Having breakfast every morning next to the pool with a beautiful view of the hills and mountains on one side of the hotel was only surpassed by sitting on the veranda of our room looking down into Jaco with a pristine view of the Pacific.

Room: Our room had a kitchenette, stocked with anything we could possibly need and even came with a bag of popcorn and coffee that I could make. The water was hot, and the tv had lots of channels. We didn't have an air conditioner, but there was a celing fan and a standing fan that provided all the cool air we needed. The bed was verrry comfortable (softer than any of our other beds in Costa Rica). The only downside is that there are lots of the tiniest, fastest ants I've ever seen running around. You pretty much can't put your coffee down for more than 5 minutes without it containing a whole village of ants).

Staff: Julianna and James are super cool. It's a family-run (and Canadian-run) business and you can tell, which I loved.

Nearby town: I really enjoyed Jaco. We got surf lessons there and had a great time with locals on our night out on the town. It's only a 5-minute, $5 cab ride into town from the hotel, which gave us a nice break from having to drive everywhere. It's a very tourist-focused town, and has a rougher night-life than some people are up for. But, if you ask around, you can find some great local spots with good, cheap food (like Rustico), and we really enjoyed our night out there.

Basically, loved, loved, loved it!

Room Tip: We had room #2. Second floor with a beautiful view and a kitchenette. I would recommend the ocean vi...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jwickstrom
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed at Vista Pacifico for two nights last month an enjoyed our stay very much. This was our first trip to CR so I wanted to stay outside of town. The hotel is on top a hill just outside of town with a nice view of the town & beach.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 May 2012

It's been a month since my girlfriend and I stayed here so this review is a bit overdue. Our expectations were high after reading all the glowing reviews when booking our trip and yet we were still pleasantly surprised with the charm and friendliness of this place. Really, it's Jan, her family and staff that makes the big difference. They do go out of their way to make sure your stay, not just at the hotel but all of Jaco, is a pleasant one. I understand that this is like the millionth review stating how great the hosts were but I wouldn't be doing my service if I didn't say a bit about them.

I won't go into details about the hotel itself. You can see from the previous reviews that the hotel is smaller, quaint, clean, safe, highly affordable, has a nice pool, up on a mountain with great views, etc. Unless you’re looking for an all inclusive eat/drink fest or a resort with a lobby lined with chandeliers, this is the place to stay in Jaco. I do have a couple recommendations however.

Having a car, while not necessary, is very convenient. It's a very long walk from the hotel to town/beach area and, while cabs are cheap and readily available, having a car let you go back and forth on a whim. You get to drive around town to take in the sights in an air conditioned car also. We took a day trip down to Manuel Antonio which you can do by bus but we were able to stop at multiple spots along the coast on our way. We made some friends staying at the hotel without a car that were able to join us and had a great time.

Air conditioning. The second floor where we stayed may offer a slightly better view and a private balcony but no air conditioning. I would have liked the option of having air conditioning. 3 out of 4 nights offered a cool mountain breeze at night but the air was dead still one night and it was hot. First floor rooms have air conditioning and access to one large shared balcony with a set of outdoor table and chairs. We decided the next time we go we’ll stay on the first floor.

Try the tuna especially if you like sushi. Apparently, west coast Costa Rica is the yellow fin tuna capital of the world. It was some of the freshest tuna sushi I ever had.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MikeHudsonATL
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We had to stay at this hotel because of a killer bees infestation at a home we were supposed to stay in Hermosa Beach. We had a car so this place was perfect, the view was amazing!! James had recommended Graffiti Restro Cafe and Wine Bar, which was our best meal in Jaco!! We had arrived at the hotel late and had no reservation Julianna was wonderful and had a room available and ready, which was much needed!! This hotel has the best value in Jaco and super nice and clean!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple