“Horrible and unclean hotel.”
Review of Villas Estrellamar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaco
Villas Estrellamar
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I went On a trip with my high school spanish class to costa rica through a tour company. Had I been with my family we would have left immediately. Unfortunately I had no choice and had to spent two nights here. The only good thing about the hotel was the pool, as it was the only way to get clean. Our whole stay the shower was either broken or only scalding hot water came out. The staff did nothing. We instead (all twenty of us) had to take our shampoo and conditioner to the poolside shower and shower there. Very tedious. Also the beds were lumpy and soggy. The sink that hung over the side of my bed didn't help sleep either. Wish I didn't have to be subject to the unclean rooms and rude staff of this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank Cassiebehling

Reviewed 26 December 2011

Stayed there with my wife and son recently for one night. It was "just OK" all in all.

On the plus side, the staff was nice. The bunglo we were in had a full kitchen, which was nice. The ground were nice - a big space. The location was good - pretty central. The pool and area aroud that was nice enough. We LOVED the cabana that had all the hammocks in it!

On the draw-backs side: The room was a little retro - hadn't been updated in quite a while (ever?). The room wasn't perfectly clean - some hair in the sink, etc. and my wife said the curtains smelled quite a bit. There was a pretty big gap under the door that mosquitos kept coming in through... Breakfast didn't come with the price of the room.

So some pluses, some minuses - I'd stay here again, but wouldn't go out of my way to...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank SanderD
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed at the Estrellamar February 2010 for a week. "Villas" are very basic with hard beds and not a single comfortable chair to sit on. The air conditioner smelled horrid when it started up and I had a respirator infection within a day that totally ruined my vacation. The Estrellamar management response to my complaint was unsatisfactory.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank DANMACQuinteWest
Reviewed 18 August 2011

What a delight in the middle of Jaco. Beautiful landscape,pool restaurant and people. Truly Jaco's hidden Gem in the middle of the city. Walking distance to all of main street business's. Clean and comfortable and a warm and welcome staff. Now a resident of Jaco but all the family and friends stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MargoSanders
Reviewed 18 April 2011

My bike was stolen just in FRONT of my room within the facilities of this hotel, just after the robbery we informed the security guard and hotel´s manager and they didn´t anything. It looks like any hotel´s employed was involved.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank cupula78
Reviewed 22 February 2011

We had a great time there...beautiful landscaping, great service, close walk to beach and shops and restuarants...great hammocks to relax in..recommend the 2-bed suites,,,I am going back in June of 2011...

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank gatordan73
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Beautiful grounds and pool. Has a horse shoe pit and pool table next to the bar and pool. Hammock area where iguanas chill out. We rented the Villas. Nice idea wrong design. These villas are bug infested. Ants were a problem. Saw multiple roaches and spiders. Scary when you wake up at night to use the bathroom. Not sure what will pop out at you. My kids sleep with the lights on. I didnt blame them. Hotel is very close to town and shopping. . Its very rustic with a costa rica flavor. Price is fair. I would give it a higher rating had the villas been more bug free. We still had a fun time but will probably try a different place if we go back to Jaco.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family