“STAY HERE”

Room2Board Hostel and Surf School
Ranked #1 of 66 Speciality Lodging in Jaco
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This place was phenomenal. Definitely the best hostel I have ever been to. I stayed one night with a friend and we met some great people both staying and working there. The guy who was working showed us a great time. Best weekend I've had in a while.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Fantastic newly built hostel, great attention to detail all over the hostel from light up floors to immaculately clean and modern bathrooms.
Big roof terrace bar where you can watch the sunset, great pool and easy access to the beach.
Staff are all helpful and good fun
I've stayed in many hostels and this is easily the nicest. Would recommend highly

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 18 March 2014

After staying in hostels across the US and Europe, I can confidently say this is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Room2Board has been built with the backpacker in mind, from the smallest details in the rooms (there are plug sockets in the lockers!!) to the services and activities that they provide. The facilities are beautiful and modern, and the customer service is amazing. The owners and workers made us feel so welcome with lunches, a wonderful dinner (paella!!) and drinks on the terrace during the sunset. We spent our days by the pool, went surfing in the afternoon (Room2Board works with a great surf company too), and had some great nights out in Jaco. And we always returned to a clean hostel and friendly staff. I am already planning my next trip back to Room2Board!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Room2board, located nearly on the beach in Jaco, has everything you would need for the perfect memorable stay/vacation. Besides the great atmosphere of fun happy people and staff running the place, there's endless activities; the projector screen movies, bar, glorious sunsets on the rooftop and because of it's central location, you're only a 10 minute walk from the bars downtown and the grocery store. I loved that you could hear the waves from the hostel.
Everything was perfectly new and clean, the bathrooms were private and classy, the bed mattresses were firm and comfortable and it was nice waking up to a grand ocean view out the window.
Considering the room comes with everything (including a/c, if desired) it is a great price for even a private room!

I can't thank the staff enough for making my stay memorable and unique!
Thanks Room2board...I will be back!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We were Room2Boards first walk-inns! The Team treated us very good and we felt comfortable from the first second on. We were having a lot of fun with Bryan, Ken and Kevin and this hostel gave our costa-rica trip the vacation-part, as we did a big bus-tour around the country. We learned to surf with the surf-company they are cooperating with, did great bbqs and went to manuel antonio to see some sloths and monkeys. Manuel antonio is also a very nice place to sunbath and to relax on the beach.
The hostel itself is very clean, brand new and the staff always tries to make it your best vacation! :) I looved the mats in the pool, the sunsets on the rooftop, the bbqing and the surfing. We also went to the surf contest, which was just awesome!

All in all I would recommend this hostel to all backpackers, surfers, party-mice and students that can't afford a hotel, but want to be in a quite luxurious place anyway - because this hostel is! :)

Thank you, Room2Board-Crew for making our holidays as unforgettable as it was! :) hope to visit you again soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I was very pleased with my experience at Room2Board. This trip was my first alone to Costa Rica and I'm very glad I chose to stay here. The entire staff was very welcoming and accommodating. The team helped me arrange awesome surf lessons with David at the Surfer Factory in addition to a full day adventure down to Manuel Antonio. Kevin even took me on a sunset hike with beautiful views of Jaco one afternoon. I'd highly recommend this newly finished hostel. Very clean, close to the beach, and it has a great vibe!

Room Tip: An east facing room will not have as much direct sunlight and be cooler throughout the day.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I was not expecting to run into an amazing new property like this in Jaco. Just built, it has a cool lounge pool/area just steps from the beach. The rooms are new and inexpensive with a top deck bringing a spectacular sunset view. The 2nd floor has a theater room. Big bathrooms and sitting right off a great surf break. Gone are the days of crappy hostels. This place even has private rooms with amazing views for under $100 on the top floor! Owned by Americans who run a tight ship. A real pleasure to stay there. Kevin was super helpful and created a great vibe at the pool during the day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo