“Great getaway under your private canopy”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

A TripAdvisor Member
“Totally deceptive advertising”
Reviewed 22 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

This was the worst place we have ever had the misfortune of staying at. We booked for a 12 day stay based on the photos listed. These must have been taken a long time ago and by some magician with a camera. The place may have been beautiful once but that was some time ago as it is now very run down and as far from luxury as you can get. We gave notice to Juan that we were very unhappy and left as soon as we could find alternative accommodation. What a waste of two days of our holiday and we ended up paying for another location. Never received a refund. Do not book this deceptive accommodation
Brenda & Eric Smith

Management Response
24 Jan 2017
Hello,

I am sorry you feel that way.  You can see from our 50+ reviews on this and other sites (all 4 & 5 star) the guests very much enjoy the property with its privacy and lush tropical settings.  Many go as far as to say it is nicer than their own homes.  I understand some guests only want to stay in the city with the crowds, but our guests stay with us for the tranquility and to be one with nature.

When you reserved you asked for privacy, but because the gated property is 20 acres and you didn't have a car the home was too far for your wife to walk to the many restaurants, markets, and other locations just beyond the properties front gates.  Without question or fee I offered to clean and move you to one of the other homes closer to the front gates.  You then proceeded with a barage of insults towards me and the property and wanted a full refund even though you had already stayed 3 days.

I realize you are upset, but I did everything in my power to offer you a refund.  Between you and this site I sent over 40 emails trying to open the dates on the calendar.  By doing this someone else could reserve the home last minute and I would give you any money received for rental of the home.  The problem is site does not allow me to cancel your reservation.  Guests themselves have to cancel the reservation after they have spent several nights at the home.  I can not cancel because it looks like I am kicking you out before your departure date.  I explained this too you, but you still did not cancel the reservation.

The property has a strict refund policy because we expect guests to honor their reservation just as they expect us to not cancel their reservation for anyone willing to pay $5 more per night.  You reserved a single 1 bedroom home.  Even though I marked your home as reserved other potential guests tried to reserve the entire gated community for a luxury private wedding.  I did not accept their reservation and cancel yours even though it  would have been for over 6 times the amount of your reservation.  I expect the same respect from our guests.

I hope you enjoyed your time in my beautiful Costa Rica and I wish nothing but the best for you and your wife.
Leland B
“Great getaway under your private canopy”
Reviewed 9 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We found this gated community to be a wonderful oasis in a gorgeous natural setting in the Central Pacific region. The privacy and comfort of our residence made us feel right at home especially with the graciousness extended by our hosts, Siney and Garrett, along with their competent assistant John. It felt like we were staying in a small slice of one of Costa Rica's National Parks with the birds and other wildlife that transit through.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Privacy, pool, staff
Liked least: Dim kitchen/living room lighting
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
7 Jun 2016
Hello Mr. B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. I was able to count 31 monkeys (including 8 new babies) this morning in the trees directly in front of the house where you stayed. They are getting huge with the all the mangos on the property. The only problem is they take one bite and throw the rest away. At least there are more than enough mangos to go around.

Take care and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 12 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Parkland, Florida
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 10 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

Had a very relaxing stay here. The property is beautiful, and the homes are even more beautiful. We were able to pick and eat the fresh fruit that is literally everywhere on the property and we made fresh orange juice every morning. Garrett and his wife Siney who live on the property were very accommodating and genuinely nice people. Siney helped us book a couple tours for our stay including waterfall repelling and white water rafling. Garrett also recommended several restaurants in the local area that were very good. If we ever return to the Jaco area we would definitely consider staying again.

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing