“Save your money!!”
Review of El Hicaco

El Hicaco
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaco
El Hicaco
Ranked #23 of 69 Speciality Lodging in Jaco
NYC
“Save your money!!”
Reviewed 28 March 2011

One word...TERRIBLE! My husband and I went to El Hicaco based on reviews that it has the most amazing seafood in all of the Central Pacific Coast, and we were surely disappointed. As soon as we arrived, the service was terrible. The waiter was the farthest thing from helpful and did nothing but recommend the most expensive dishes to us, which were offered and served to us in a rush. The restaurant had no more than three tables there and we felt like we were in a factory where they push you out. The waiter only came to our table to see if we were done with our food, and never bothered to ask how we were enjoying our meal. We shared the shrimp and mango salad and the spring rolls appetizers and seafood bowl with grilled veggies and Costa Rican rice and beans for entree. The fish was tough and difficult to chew and often tasted and smelled fishy. We asked for a dessert menu to try and salvage the dinner, to find out that the chefs left for the night. What top notch restaurant doesn't give you notice that the chefs were leaving for the night? We decided to have coffee, which was also terrible. Costa Rica, a place known for it's amazing coffee, served coffee that tasted like tar. To top the night off, as we left, the waiter followed us to our cab to ask the cab driver where we were staying, which left nothing more than a sour taste in our mouth (more than the food did). Save your money to spend on enjoying the sights in gorgeous Costa Rica.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DinaNYC

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
houston
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I had my rehearsal dinner with my family of over 40 people in EI Hicaco seafood restaurant on Feb. 13th, 2010. At the end of dinner, my husband and I were standing at the entrance, seeing everybody off to get on a taxi. When we walked back inside after 5 minutes, my purse on the chair was GONE!!!!

There was only one last table of guests in the restaurant. We were sure that nobody walked out of the restaurant in that 5 minutes could carry my big yellow purse without being noticed. It must STILL be in the restaurant.

I had all my credit cards, cash, travel documents in the purse, so I was desperately asking each waiter whether he saw anything. When I mentioned I had my passport in the purse, one waiter finally said he saw it couple of minutes ago. Then the waiters started surrounding us in the middle and communicating in Spanish. I knew that the restaurant has cameras at the corner, but the manager refused to review the tape. He ensured me that he will review it tomorrow and let me know.

When I left the restaurant, I had a feeling that I will never see my purse again. Yes, they never called me. When I finally talked to the owner of the restaurant Francisco Gonzalez, he told me the tape was too dark to see anything.

Keep an eye on your belongs if you want to have dinner in EI Hicaco, that is my advice.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank xdcynthia

Travellers are raving about these Jaco hotels