“Vacation”

Ranked #13 of 161 Restaurants in Jaco
Price range: US$3 - US$40
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the hub of Jaco's surf community, Caliche's Wishbone has been slicing and dicing up it's recipes since 1995.The Wishbone is well known for its unique mix of casual to exotic ingredients , from pitas to poke, tacos to tuna, pizza to pad thai, we have the dish for you. So come to the local hot spot, order up some fresh catch, get the kids a pizza and enjoy the view. WiFi and people watching FREE!Pura Vida,The Wishbone Tribe.
Evanston, Illinois
“Vacation”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I think that the BBC chicken pizza is one of the best! Have ever eaten! Hot or cold! Yummy. Patricia Jaffe

Miami, Florida
“Hospitality Out of This World”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

So there I was, just walking around Jaco when I discovered this cool looking restaurant, Caliches Wishbone. When I set down the owner Kristen quickly approached my table and helped me pick out a great dish (I'm vegetarian). I ordered a great veggie-bowl with this amazing/spicy sauce and a margarita...I swear I almost ate the chopsticks too (ha-ha). These were the best chopsticks I've ever used. Not only was the food great, but the vibe from Kristen told me were kindred spirits. Her humor is to die for and her aura is contagious. She has since given me a free tour of Jaco and the beaches, shown me the local and authentic stores and the hospitality has been total VIP. She even got me a great zip-lining deal (which was amazing).

If you want amazing food, a warm atmosphere and VIP hospitality, definitely check out Caliches Wishbone. I mean, isn't the name alone like, super awesome? :-)

~Ricardo Redd

• Visited July 2014
Land O Lakes, FL
“A must visit”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had an excellent meal here. Our surf insturctor recommended this place so we figured it would be good. It was great. I had the tuna which was excellent. My son and my wife also loved their meals.

Great staff, very clean, very comfortable.

This would be a must stop for us on our next vist to Jaco.

• Visited July 2014
san francisco
“Well priced, fresh good food”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I came in for ceviche but they were out. They have good specials and prices already include taxes which are a lot in jaco. I enjoyed the food it was pretty decent, not a huge portion but good and it was not expensive.

Jaco, Costa Rica
“Way Overpriced for Mediocre Food”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had calzone and pad thai, neither of which had any flavor despite us asking for hot or spicy dishes. Prices are insane. Compare this to Rustico or The Wok just a block away and the only reason you'd eat here is if you have way too much money and no taste.

Visited June 2014