“Marlin on Fly”

Dragin Fly Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dragin Fly charters out of Los Sueños Marina, Costa Rica. Our sister boats, the Spanish Fly, Super Fly and The Bite have set a standard for excellence and satisfaction which we strive to exceed. The Dream Team Crew of Captain James, Alberto and Chela were handpicked for their fish catching abilities, and their attention to customer service. Typical catches include sailfish, sailfish and more sailfish, marlin, tuna and dolphin (also known as mahi mahi).
Puerto de San Jose, Guatemala
“Marlin on Fly”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I fly fish fro Billfish at least 60 days per year, when I got the opportunity to fish with George Beckwith aboard "Dragin Fly" I was thrilled. Captain James Smith along with mates Berto and Marcos keep "Dragin Fly", a 43 foot Mavric, in bristol condition. After catching several sailfish on conventional tackle, We fly fished for the last hour of the first day. I caught and released a large sailfish on 20 pound tippet.

On the second day we caught and released several sailfish on fly, when we raised a striped marlin, marcos and Berto teased it in perfectly, captain James turned the vessel to starboard, pulled the engines ut of gear, I cast the fly to that marlin, and 15 minutes later we released that striped marlin on fly.We also raised another Blue Marlin which did not tease in to within casting distance.

On the third day, after catching and releasing a sailfish and another striped marlin on fly, George teased in a red hot Blue Marlin, I cast to it, however that Blue refused to eat my fly. This was my first time back to CR in 20 years, I will be coming back, often to fish with this world class crew aboard Dragin Fly, George and Anna run a first class operation and this crew understands the demands of fly fishing for billfish.
Thanks Guys, for an Awesome trip
Jake Jordan

Visited December 2013

1 Thank Jake J

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Costa Rica Fishing”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Although I have fished for years with Capt. George Beckwith/Down East Guide Service, this was my first experience in Costa Rica...and, once again, I was not disappointed. Capt. James, along with Berto and Marcos - the crew of the Dragin Fly, did a great job. They were very professional and did their best to ensure that I had a great fishing experience. As a result of their hard work, I was able to check off two items on my "bucket list" - a marlin and a sailfish. I would highly recommend the Dragin Fly to anyone that wants to experience the epic fishing that Costa Rica has to offer. I am confident that you will not leave disappointed.

1 Thank Ben M
Durham, North Carolina
“Always a great time!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was our 8th season with George and Down East Guide Service and it was our best year yet. We take 8 guys and fish off shore two days. This year we released 42 sails and caught 10 Darado! The dragon fly had an epic day releasing 22 sails! The boat is immaculate, the crew, Berto and Marcos are professional and fun and James is a master at the helm. When the fish bite it is a well oiled machine hooking the fish, clearing the lines and creating the best chance of getting the fish to the boat. And they serve up a mean chicken burrito for lunch! We are signed up for season 9 and I can't wait. Pura Vida! J

“Michael Raines”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We fished the Dragon Fly during the off season but were able for everyone on the boat to release a sail and the one guy on the boat who had never been to Costa Rica even got to catch his first blue marlin! Capt James and crew did a great job. The other guys we talked to that were down there fishing were not catching anything but we had a great trip. Thanks for setting everything up George.

Visited October 2013

1 Thank mikeonthecoast
Rockville Centre, New York
“Great Fishing”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I recently chartered the boat Dragin Fly out of Los Suenos Costa Rica.
We had an excellent day of fishing and fun. 11/14 on Sailfish. Numerous Mahi Mahi. Lost one Wahoo.
The Boat was in great condition. The Captain and crew were both first class and very proffesional.
I highly reccomend this boat when fishing out of Los Suenos.

1 Thank Thomas D