“Costa Rica Fishing at its Best!”

Dragin Fly Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: The Dragin Fly charters out of Los Suenos Marina, Costa Rica. The Dream Team Crew of Captain James, Alberto and Roberto are handpicked for their fish catching abilities, and their attention to customer service. Typical catches include sailfish, sailfish and more sailfish, marlin, tuna and dolphin (also known as mahi mahi). George Beckwith and Anna Beckwith of Down East Guide Service are the managing partners of the Dragin Fly. Down East Guide Service is based out of Morehead City, NC (check out out TripAdvisor page). We can help you plan your fishing, accommodations, transportation and tours in Costa Rica. Down East Guide Service specializes in fishing vacation, family vacations, corporate trips and honeymoons. All trips are customized. We have been working in Costa Rica for over 20 years. George and Anna are typically in Costa Rica much of Dec-April so plan your trip with someone who knows.
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Thanks again to George, Anna, Capt. James, Berto and Marcos for a simply fantastic trip to Jaco. Having never been to Costa Rica or hooked up on a sailfish (much less 42 of them over two days), I can honestly say George and his team set the bar really, really high. They did a superb job handling every detail, and I can't imagine how they could have made the trip any more enjoyable. Our accommodations were superb and they handled every aspect of our trip (transfers, transportation, lay-day activities, etc.) to perfection. Beyond that, the DRAGIN FLY is the best boat, captain, crew and owner I've ever fished with. I learned a lot and can't recommend them enough. If you want to fish Costa Rica and are looking for the experience of a lifetime, George and Down East are the way to go.

2  Thank Bennet W

Reviewed 22 January 2014

What do you want to design your fishing trip to Costa Rica? That is one of the areas where Anna and George shine. Want top notch living? Condo? House? More mid range? They will build your experience based on your needs and desires.

The people with whom they work locally all speak English, are professional, on time, and willing to support you in your adventure. The boat crew is great! Whether your on the Dragin Fly or one of the other top tier boats that work with George, if there are fish to be caught, they will find em! The Los Suenos Marina is beautiful, on a great property, and with a great bar called, "Hook Up", for the after fishing beverage.

On days you don't fish, Anna and George will be happy to set you up with local tour operators depending on your interests. Or they will simply direct you to local restaurants or bars that fit your interest.

Good people who are organized, professional, and will help you have a great time in Costa Rica!

4  Thank Lou D
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I fly fish fro Billfish at least 60 days per year, when I got the opportunity to fish with George Beckwith aboard "Dragin Fly" I was thrilled. Captain James Smith along with mates Berto and Marcos keep "Dragin Fly", a 43 foot Mavric, in bristol condition. After catching several sailfish on conventional tackle, We fly fished for the last hour of the first day. I caught and released a large sailfish on 20 pound tippet.

On the second day we caught and released several sailfish on fly, when we raised a striped marlin, marcos and Berto teased it in perfectly, captain James turned the vessel to starboard, pulled the engines ut of gear, I cast the fly to that marlin, and 15 minutes later we released that striped marlin on fly.We also raised another Blue Marlin which did not tease in to within casting distance.

On the third day, after catching and releasing a sailfish and another striped marlin on fly, George teased in a red hot Blue Marlin, I cast to it, however that Blue refused to eat my fly. This was my first time back to CR in 20 years, I will be coming back, often to fish with this world class crew aboard Dragin Fly, George and Anna run a first class operation and this crew understands the demands of fly fishing for billfish.
Thanks Guys, for an Awesome trip
Jake Jordan

1  Thank Jake J
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Although I have fished for years with Capt. George Beckwith/Down East Guide Service, this was my first experience in Costa Rica...and, once again, I was not disappointed. Capt. James, along with Berto and Marcos - the crew of the Dragin Fly, did a great job. They were very professional and did their best to ensure that I had a great fishing experience. As a result of their hard work, I was able to check off two items on my "bucket list" - a marlin and a sailfish. I would highly recommend the Dragin Fly to anyone that wants to experience the epic fishing that Costa Rica has to offer. I am confident that you will not leave disappointed.

1  Thank Ben M
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was our 8th season with George and Down East Guide Service and it was our best year yet. We take 8 guys and fish off shore two days. This year we released 42 sails and caught 10 Darado! The dragon fly had an epic day releasing 22 sails! The boat is immaculate, the crew, Berto and Marcos are professional and fun and James is a master at the helm. When the fish bite it is a well oiled machine hooking the fish, clearing the lines and creating the best chance of getting the fish to the boat. And they serve up a mean chicken burrito for lunch! We are signed up for season 9 and I can't wait. Pura Vida! J