“Best Sushi in town....”

Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Mal Pais
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Umi meaning ocean, bringing the freshest experience to your table. Our restaurant blends highest virtue of service anda honor,with Japanese rich culinary and cultural heritage. Take pleasure in the finest Japanese cuisine, atmosphere and tradition. Our honor is to serve you.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Had dinner last night here with my Wife & it was great. We try & visit this place once a month & they use very high qualify ingredients. The Service could use a little attention but outside of that this place is great. Not many places in town give you the Service you expect when you spend this kind of money on a meal. But I'll continue to go back & give them my business hands down.

#PuraVida

1  Thank JamesParksTN

Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband is a huge sushi fan, so we stopped in here. He said it was "pretty good." I didn't have the sushi, I had chicken and fried rice, which was really good, I thought. Not a lot of ambiance here, but it's a nice enough little place... takes credit card, which is nice. Decent food. But honestly, there were a lot of places we ate at in the same area that I liked better.

1  Thank E M
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Its our favorite place in town , the staff are very friendly and the music nights are the best! Every day surfing movies on the big screen, amazing spicy tuna salad and good vibe. The sushi is sooo fresh and the chef is a real pro.
Highly recommended!

2  Thank santateresavillas
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Umi sushi was the only sushi place we saw while visiting Mal Pais/Santa Teresa. The waitress was a bit ambitious at first - she started reading every menu item to us as we were just taking a look to decide where to eat. Though it was initially a turn-off, I came to realize she was actually pretty sweet and endearing - and she was just trying to do her job! They were having live music that night, and were playing surfing videos on a large screen outside in the courtyard where we ate. The food was very good, the service was friendly and laid back but quick enough. We didn't feel rushed at all, which is exactly what you want on a chill beach vacation. The prices were reasonable and we got a lot of tasty sushi for our money! I would've gone back if we'd had more time.

1  Thank Jen L
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Pura vida! Umi Sushi, a great environment, with the best sushi and the best service.. we had a blast ! Great music and nice videos.. If you have any allergy as I do, feel comfortable to order your food. They are extremely careful. A weird thing in Costa Rica due to most restaurants around do not take into account customers necessities..

2  Thank Swaby2