“Awesome horseback guiding”

Star Mountain Horse Tours
Reviewed 21 January 2010

My grown daughter and I had the pleasure of taking this tour last summer. We were the only 2 people with a wonderful father and son guide. The scenery was gorgeous! We saw beautiful hillsides, the jungle with monkeys, and best of all the beach. We really enjoyed the guides' company. We especially enjoyed galloping on the way back! Also, while I was galloping up the hill my camera worked its way out of the holder and fell out. I didn't realize it until I was on my way back to the hotel. I was so upset because it had all of our trip's pictures. Well the young guide found it and was honest and turned it in to the owners. The owner even drove the camera back to a common meeting place. Now that's what I call service! I highly recommend everyone to take this tour!

1  Thank Becky98
in 8 reviews
"guide"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 21 January 2010

What a wonderful and exciting way to see Costa Rica! Friendly guides, gentle horses, and an exciting ride make for a wonderful experience! It is a MUST do!

1  Thank iheartlkn
Reviewed 20 January 2010

The Horse Tours leave from Star Mountain Jungle Lodge everyday - they offer morning and afternoon rides. We called a day ahead and requested spots on the afternoon tour. No problem. They suggested wearing jeans and sneakers and I'm glad we did. Also, though the trail is mostly shady i was happy I had a brimmed hat for the sunny parts (plus it's just COOL to 'look the part' when you're out a 'ridin') The guide gave us a few pointers for directing our horses, adjusted our stirrups, snapped a few requisite photos of us with our cameras, and we were off! The tour is listed as 2 hours but we were a bit longer than that because we paused at the beach for a few minutes to dismount and chill a bit, take it all in. Riding along the beach was a total dream come true! Always wanted to do that :)
The horses were gentle and followed the guide horses pace. As a total newbie to riding, I was surprised to find myself ready to go a bit faster by the second hour - and in fact 2 outta 3 of us decided to go for a full-on gallop at the end and it was an absolutely THRILLING way to end the tour! Our friend stayed at a trot with the guide though - so I thought it was cool that they let the group be somewhat loose.
It was a great way to cover a lot of ground - saw parts of the countryside that we wouldn't have known how to get to otherwise.

3  Thank bellejar