Hotel Moana
US$462
Alamar Aparthotel(Punta Arenas)
US$98
  • Pool
Hotel Las Brisas(Punta Arenas)
US$89
Hotel Alamar(Punta Arenas)
US$67
Hotel Oasis(Mal Pais)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel The Place(Mal Pais)
Blue Jay Lodge(Mal Pais)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjunior suitesanta teresastandard roomcosta ricahanging bedsocean viewspectacular viewsour honeymoonhotel groundsevery morningincluded breakfastin townoutdoor showerhighly recommend hotelwatch the sunsetshort drivespent nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Moana Lodge is beautiful. The hotel is on a hillside with spectacular views. They seem to have taken the natural landscape into account with the construction of the lodge, so it feels like you're a part of the jungle.

The staff is super friendly and they made us feel right at home. Plus, the food and drinks at Papaya are fantastic. Definitely stay at Moana. You won't regret it. Pura vida!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Moana Lodge. The hotel was clean, the rooms were beautifully decorated, the hotel was surrounded by lots of greenery and the staff was always very helpful when I needed anything or had questions. Actually, I'd say they went out of there way to be helpful. The location was perfect for what I was looking for (close to my friends wedding, close to the beach and only a 15 minute walk along the beach to get to town). The internet connection was better than I thought it would be which is pretty important because I needed to check in with the office and I was able to make Skype calls without any problems. One night I lounged by the pool in only a bathing suit from just before sunset until an hour after sunset without even one mosquito bit. Usually I'm the first person to get bitten so I was happily surprised. I'm not sure if it is like this all year round but it was nice to have it while I was there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This place is outstanding. The rooms was great, the pool beautiful. The views from the restaurant were excellent. I really enjoyed staying here and I highly recommend it. The staff and management are also super-friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Just stayed at the newly available Casa Moana. This is a separate private house affiliated with Moana Lodge. Awesome house and location. There were 10 people in our party and there was lots of space in this house. The pool is great along with the upper covered patio. The road up to the house is very rough and a 4x4 is recommended. You need to drive a short distance (5 minutes) to access a good swimming beach. The house is located up on a hill and is very private and away from the dust. Highly recommend a stay at Casa Moana.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Greatrips
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed in Moana at the end of a busy two week holiday in Costa Rica. We wanted to have a little treat at the end of our holiday and stayed in Moana for 5 nights.
What a wonderful place. It was exactly as we had hoped. It's a lovely mixture of peaceful surroundings, a nearby beach (5 minute walk), stunning views (sunsets were incredible from the restaurant) as well as activites (e.g.surfing) if you want. The hotel itself is beautifully hidden amongst the trees and therefore seems really considerate to the surrounding nature.
The rooms are great - lovely and spacious with big showers. The staff are also great - Bruno was particularly helpful however. He just seemed to run everything so efficently and smoothly.
The food at the restaurant was really good too. We loved the fact that it was served as tapas so that we could sample lots of different dishes.
I have such fond memories of Moana - it really is a special place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple