Hotel Moana
Hotel The Place(Mal Pais)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$113
Hotel Oasis(Mal Pais)(Great Value!)
US$85
Hotel Ritmo Tropical(Mal Pais)(Great Value!)
US$81
Blue Jay Lodge(Mal Pais)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$49
  • Breakfast included
Indigo Yoga Surf Resort(Mal Pais)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$290
US$283
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Alamar Aparthotel(Punta Arenas)
US$98
  • Pool
Hotel Las Brisas(Punta Arenas)
US$89
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hotel Tioga(Punta Arenas)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsjunior suitesanta teresastandard roomcosta ricahanging bedsocean viewspectacular viewsour honeymoonhotel groundsevery morningincluded breakfastin townoutdoor showerhighly recommend hotelwatch the sunsetshort drivespent nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2014

After two weeks travelling we chose Moana Lodge for a restful stay prior to returning to San Jose, and Moana Lodge was a great choice.I had first heard of Moana Lodge on the "Amatuer Traveller" podcast about Costa Rica and they gave a positive review so that was a good reason for us to choose Moana Lodge.We had the standard rooms and they were very clean and comfortable,in a great setting and all for a fair price. As other reviews have mentioned it is on a hillside with with stairs to negotiate, but it shouldn't be a problem for anyone with a reasonable level of finess.Besidses you wouldn't get to eat the beautiful meals and experience the sensational view from the Papaya restaurant without a little effort. The pool area is also lovely and relaxing as well. A special mention to Bruno and the staff who were all very helpfull and easy to get on with. All in all a great place to stay in Mal Pais.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Moana Lodge is beautiful. The hotel is on a hillside with spectacular views. They seem to have taken the natural landscape into account with the construction of the lodge, so it feels like you're a part of the jungle.

The staff is super friendly and they made us feel right at home. Plus, the food and drinks at Papaya are fantastic. Definitely stay at Moana. You won't regret it. Pura vida!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Moana Lodge. The hotel was clean, the rooms were beautifully decorated, the hotel was surrounded by lots of greenery and the staff was always very helpful when I needed anything or had questions. Actually, I'd say they went out of there way to be helpful. The location was perfect for what I was looking for (close to my friends wedding, close to the beach and only a 15 minute walk along the beach to get to town). The internet connection was better than I thought it would be which is pretty important because I needed to check in with the office and I was able to make Skype calls without any problems. One night I lounged by the pool in only a bathing suit from just before sunset until an hour after sunset without even one mosquito bit. Usually I'm the first person to get bitten so I was happily surprised. I'm not sure if it is like this all year round but it was nice to have it while I was there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This place is outstanding. The rooms was great, the pool beautiful. The views from the restaurant were excellent. I really enjoyed staying here and I highly recommend it. The staff and management are also super-friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Just stayed at the newly available Casa Moana. This is a separate private house affiliated with Moana Lodge. Awesome house and location. There were 10 people in our party and there was lots of space in this house. The pool is great along with the upper covered patio. The road up to the house is very rough and a 4x4 is recommended. You need to drive a short distance (5 minutes) to access a good swimming beach. The house is located up on a hill and is very private and away from the dust. Highly recommend a stay at Casa Moana.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family