“The absolute best place to stay in costa Rica.”

Hotel Vista de Olas
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Mal Pais
GreenLeadersBronze level
Nixon
“The absolute best place to stay in costa Rica.”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My daughter lived in coaster Rica for two years so I got to make many visits. A friend of hers took us to Vista de olas in Mal pais for drinks and dinner one night. I have been back three times. It is a clean and safe place to stay. The staff waits on you hand and foot. Roger and Heidi who are the owners are delightful. It is the best place I have ever been, and it has the most beautiful sunset you have ever seen. The staff waits on you hand and foot. You never have to ask twice for a drink. They even walk you to your room if you have had too much to drink. It is a beautiful place. It is clean it is safe. We already have our reservations booked for next year. Go. You will not be disappointed !!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Kathyaharvey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Vista de Olas was an amazing experience. The hospitality and friendliness of Roger and Heidi, their awesome sons, and a caring staff only contributed to the beauty of the resort. They went out of their way to make sure we got to experience all Mal Pais had to offer (horseback riding, ATVs, waterfalls, ziplining, etc). And the view of the sunset from the resort pool was one of the most spectacular sights I've seen. Our villa was beautiful, clean, and spacious with good AC. Admittedly, I was not looking forward to the outside showers (although private), but showering under the beautiful night sky full of so many stars was something I will never forget. Absolutely amazing. The entire experience was wonderful, ...except....maybe the driveway. It can be a bit of a challenge to get up to the top if you're not in a 4WD vehicle. But to end on a high note, the morning chef, Diego, made the best breakfast potatoes I've ever eaten in my life.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Vista was above any expectations I could have ever had.
We booked with a coupon from " Living Social" so I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into.
The setting is so beautiful you can't put it into words.
The staff was so kind, friendly, caring and helpful with the surrounding area spots to visit.

I can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: There are only 5 villas and we stayed in Villa #2, Roger gave us the history of this location and I...
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Five star resorts have nothing on V de O. It is so beautiful. The pool is perfect, the villas are clean, and showering under the stars is an experience I will never forget. The staff seem genuinely interested in making sure we had everything we needed. I loved it with my entire being.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Polson, Montana
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I read those negative reviews and was skeptical...it turns out that Roger and Heidi were the perfect hosts. They went out of their way to make sure we were having a good time. The property is outstanding...the staff is exceptional...the driveway is...well, unforgettable. We used the Living Social package and were never made to feel like second class guests. Upon check-out, there were no surprises...everything was as we were lead to expect. We could not have been happier with the entire experience...except maybe for the driveway!!!

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My husband and I bought this vacation and looked forward to it for almost a year and we were definitely not disappointed! We loved every second of our stay and wished we could have stayed longer. Roger, Heidi and all the employees were wonderful and helped with anything that was asked for. The view was so amazing that everyone still asks if the pictures are real. Wish we could have brought our dogs and stayed forever!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Roger and Heidi together with their two sons have created Paradise In Mal Pais. From check in until check out they and their staff did everything they could to make our vacation an amazing one. The resort is small and quaint. It is very special that within a few days the guests know each other on a first name basis.

I love the poolside happy hour and watching the sunset. It was the best pool party I have every been to.

I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
#5 of 8 in Mal Pais
Indigo Yoga Surf Resort
Indigo Yoga Surf Resort
#7 of 8 in Mal Pais

Been to Hotel Vista de Olas? Share your experiences!