“Goodish value”
Review of Villa Prats Hotel

Villa Prats Hotel
Ranked #28 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Rather uninviting from outside - looks tatty and is sited on a gravel track. Big room, clean, hot water and A/C. Room rather in need of decoration. No breakfast as the cook 'didn't turn up'. Strong smell of sewers pervades the area. Convenient for the National Park.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Villa Prats Hotel

Reviewed 25 January 2013

This hotel is perfect if you are looking for clean, affordable lodging steps away from Manuel Antonio. The rooms are clean and they give you two towels-one for the beach and one for the shower. The staff was very kind and bilingual and the Wi-Fi signal is excellent. I 100% recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I honestly hate complaining. I have stayed at many places including hostels in Africa so I can handle basic accommodations. Even accommodations that are not 100% clean doesn't bother me. Having said that, the room we rented in November 2012, was disgusting. I understand that this place is cheap and you get what you pay for, but it was truly filthy. I should have asked for my money back and left but we were tired when we arrived (after messing up our reservations to stay somewhere else) and chose instead to only stay one night. The bed linens were not clean and I instead slept on my jacket. We were very disappointed :(
To try to end on a positive note, the location is great and very close to the entrance of Manuel Antonio Park.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joiev98
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I was really skeptical about staying at this hotel because a lot of glowing reviews came from people that have only reviewed this one property. I know some hotels get their friends to write them good reviews to bump their stats so I was a little on the fence. I dedided to try it anyway and I'm glad that I did because the price was right, the room was comfortable and the distance to the park entrance & the beach were wonderful. The service wasn't spectacular, not bad, just low key. Sometimes we'd stand at the front desk looking for some help and there would be no one around, then another guest told us that they lived upstairs and we needed to ring a bell by their door to get their help. It would have been nice to know this when we checked in. Sometimes we found that the language barrier was an issue, but that's partly our fault for not practicing our Espanol before going on our trip. At some point in our trip I lost my bank card and they let me into their house to use their phone to call my bank, which I found very helpful. The property was safe, some reviewer commented that it's down a sketchy back alley, but I would disagree about the sketchy part. Yes, it's just off the road, down an alley, but we didn't feel unsafe for one second. It was lit and you needed a key card to access the building. Manuel Antonio was probably our least favorite destination because the prices are so high and it's really touristy, but if you are coming here and you're on a budget, Villa Prats is a good option. Just don't expect a 5 star hotel.

4  Thank Hughsie23
Reviewed 26 April 2012

This was the first placed we stayed in Costa Rica. Looking back, it probably was the best value we experienced our entire trip. For $45 or so a night we had a comfortable bed, an extra twin for our stuff, a TV with cable (a lifesaver when we dared not emerge during the heat and humidity of mid-day), AC, mini-fridge and wifi. The pool was nice. Facilities were nice as well. They were working on renovations during our stay, but did not bother us. Walk-able to the entrance of Manuel Antonio and to the town's main drag. I recommend breakfast down the street at the Backbacker's lodge.

1  Thank b w
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I want to start by saying that you wouldn't stay at Villa Prats if you were after a 5 star holiday as there are much nicer hotels in the area however for the budget conscious travelers who is after all the amenities then this place was really good. My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights, we called up and they offered us a room for $40AUD a night which for the area is incredibly cheap, we were skeptical based on the price however the room was perfect for what we needed, it had a double and single bed, a couch TV with cable, free wi if and a fridge which was very impressive, the pool was small but we didn't really use it and the location is amazing, a 30 second walk to the entrance of Manuel Antonio and a 5 min stroll to the beach. Just some small low points if you are after reception service there was hardly anyone ever there as they live above the hotel but if you need the, you could find them, we did have to ask for towels a couple of times but that was about it. The place is also very secure with electronic key entry to enter the building.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Simple room, clean, friendly staff (doesnt always speak english). Small swimming pool if you want to get a cool swim after a long hot day. We even checked in at 12am and someone was waiting for us at so late at night, really appreciated it. Location cannot be better, you are exactly 30sec walk from the entrance of the park!

1  Thank Gaelle V