“Superior room and great value!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Plaza Yara

Hotel Plaza Yara
Dallas, Texas
“Superior room and great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed at Hotel Plaza Yara in June 2012 and enjoyed our stay there very much. The staff at the hotel (Jonathan, Javier and Nelson) are all very friendly and go above and beyond to help guests (calling us taxis or making restaurant recommendations). Havana the cat and Bigotes the dog also made us feel at home ;)

Breakfast is included in the room rate, and was delicious. You can help yourself to coffee or tea and juice, and there are three set breakfast options. The Gallo Pinto was my favorite. Breakfast was served from 7-9am.

Rooms are enormous - spacious with plenty of room for your belongings. Our room (#2) had a wonderful balcony/patio with ceiling fan overlooking the pool area. The rooms were clean (immaculate) and comfy. The A/C unit worked well and cooled down the room quickly. We had a little sitting area in our room, two large beds, large closet, and TV. Wifi was available for free. Kitchenette area had sink, fridge (which came stocked with milk for our coffee), coffee maker and coffee, microwave, and microwave popcorn! Silverware and dishes were provided as well.

Bathrooms were also large and spacious. The shower was very modern and the water was hot and water pressure was great!

The pool was very refreshing. We saw a group of Titi monkeys (squirrel monkeys) late one afternoon as we were sitting in the pool. They ran throughout the trees around the pool, and up onto the roof above us.

The hotel is very stylish with colorful mosaic tiled floors throughout. The main hotel office is inside an art gallery, Gallery Yara. The art gallery had some wonderful paintings, gifts, jewelry, etc.

There are several good restaurants in walking distance: Gaia, El Arado, and the Pizza de Marco next door wasn't bad. You can get a taxi for a flat rate of 3,000 colones (about $6) for anywhere within Manuel Antonio. There is a bus stop nearby too. Agua Azul restaurant was wonderful. Many restaurants have a fantastic view, so plan to get there before the sun sets.

We took a guided tour of the park one day, and spent the other day in the park on our own at the beaches. We did a zipline tour with Titi Canopy on Monday since the park is closed on Mondays.

Would definitely stay here again. A great value for the price!!!

Room Tip: Our rooms had balcony/patios (#s 1, 2 and 3).
6 Thank kmh_8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Hebrew first
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

When I walked into my freshly cleaned room at Manuel Antonio it was HUGE! I had read they were larger rooms but this was great! I also had a big patio overlooking the pool and jungle. I really loved my stay here - the staff was top notch - all of them. The art gallery downstairs was bigger than I thought and VERY cool. The breakfast area was really neat as well and I loved the house cat Havana. The breakfasts were big and very delicious. I was not expecting to be sitting by the pool either and having a monkey show go through the trees - about 20 of them. Totally amazing and there was a sloth hanging out too. I am a pretty picky person in terms of where I stay and Plaza Yara met all of my expectations and more. I would go back there in a heartbeat. I miss it right now thinking of it. Nothing like hanging out at the pool to monkey's going through the trees, exceptionally nice and helpful staff, clean rooms, and a lovely scenery. Thank you Plaza Yara!

Room Tip: I had room one - it was awesome!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank shellp27
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Great hotel, and the staff could not have been more helpful. I traveled with my 78-yr old mother, and they made sure we had an easy-access room, up a ramp. The room was big, and clean, and we got free microwave popcorn! We ate at both the restaurants attached, and both were very good. The breakfast at the hotel was the best we had in Costa Rica--the gallo pinto was the best of all the varieties I had. Jonathan and Javier also helped us with every little thing we asked about--went out of their way more than once, even making sure we could get a good breakfast before our 6 AM pickup. Good water pressure, and hot water, which was NOT the case at many of our other hotels. We also got to sit on a great balcony and watch hummingbirds, sloth, and a whole troop of spider monkeys.
The public bus was a few minutes walk, so it was easy to get into either Quepos or Manuel Antonio. Beds were very comfortable--could have used a few more outlets, I guess, and wireless signal was stronger from the Pizza restaurant below us than the hotel, but other than those minor things it was fabulous!

Room Tip: We had Room #1, easy access to pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank TawnyaSingapore
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Love the Hotel! Beautiful and spacious. Very clean. Convenient location, minutes away from Manuel Antonio. We took the bus to the national park, which only cost 50 cents. The staff, Javier and Nelson were AMAZING! Extremely helpful and nice, helped in planning/booking excursions and the rest of our trip. By far one of my favorite hotels. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank travelinGnat7
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

I fell in love with the place mainly because the office where you check in was actually an art gallery. Finally a place that featured local art. THe hotel room was a mix of modern contemporary with a warm spanish flare. Bed was very comfortable...AC worked quite well...the bathrooms were spacious and new, very clean. The floors were a mix of colored concrete and wood...loved it. Our window overlooked a tropical paradise. The staff...especially Javier was super nice. I will definately recommend to anyone visiting Manuel Antonio. WIll stay there again on my next visit.

4 Thank DentalCostarica
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Plaza Yara is the best. Look at photos and see how great it is. The spacious rooms - spotless clean- quite . You can hear the sounds of jungle at night. I am a return visitor and just want to say I wont go anywhere else. Read the reviews and know that everything positive that is said is true. If anything is negative disregard it. Trust me as one who have traveled for 30 years you will not be disappointed n your accomaditoions or breakfast.

you will need to travel by bus that passes by on the one road to everywhere. You up to Quepos 1.5 kilometer down to Manuel Antonio. We found a great place to eat. we had a group of 17 we ate in the same small soda (cafe) down the road five minutes. It is calle Resturante Angel. Small staff you will have to wait for your food while they prepare it. 15 teenager thought it was worth the wait so you can consider that a recomendation.

If the management of the hotel recommends any activity then listen to them . They know what they are talking about.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO BOOK A HOTEL IN QUEPOS OR MANUEL ANTONIO BOOK THE PLAZA YARA- Alan Thomas

Room Tip: I have been in most rooms. they are all nice
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank abt188
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

My sister and I loved this hotel and could not believe how enormous our room was. We were in room 6 and the view was lovely. We ate at La Hacienda - the service and pina coladas were excelente! The driving in Costa Rica was difficult in general. The drive up to the hotel was not nearly the scariest we encountered on the trip, but our SUV had some trouble climbing the steep inclines. The concierge was very helpful and booked an awesome kayaking/snorkeling excursion for us. The hotel lobby pets were adorable. I highly, highly, highly recommend this hotel.

• 4 of 5 bubbles