“Great Tour- Especially with our tour guide Robert!”

Manuel Antonio Expeditions
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a small company that loves to share nature and teach about our wildlife and natural resources. Our guides are all professional and billingual.We are proud to offer personalize service and work with our clients to make the best of their vacation. Let us know be part of your wonderfull trip to Costa Rica.
Roanoke, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Tour- Especially with our tour guide Robert!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I know quite a lot about Costa RIcan plants and animals already, but having a guide really made it worth it. Robert Umana is the best guide. He knows the best ways to get the animals to pose and where they are hiding. He's also really handy with the camera (which I need because I lack skills). He helped me get a closeup of so many animals.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank BingeandSplurge

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mangroves tour!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We took the mangroves tour with Juan and I think it was the best part of our trip.
Juan is wonderful, friendly, funny and down to earth.
He has a great eye and saw so many animals hiding in trees that we would have most definitely missed.
He was extremely knowledgable. He knew so much about all of the different types of animals we saw.
The crocs were scarce on this day but Juan somehow spotted one way out in the distance camped out on a log. Again I have no idea how on earth he spotted that but my son got to see a crocodile and that pretty much made his trip.
The food after our tour was FANTASTIC. We went back to his friends beautiful home for a home cooked Costa Rican meal. We all sat together and ate and chatted and it was really wonderful. My children made a little friend and they all played together.
On our way back to the rental home he tried really hard to find me a sloth! I mean, the guy drove around for thirty minutes looking through the trees determined to find me this sloth...and for no extra charge, I might add! Lol! He seemed genuinely disappointed that we didn't find one. Next time, Juan! :)
I will definitely call him again if we are ever back in Costa Rica for more tours and to find that darn sloth!

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Jungle, beaches, animals - this park has it all!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We hired a guide based on other reviews we read on Trip Advisor, and yes, it was well worth it! We would have missed most of the animals if not for our guide. If you can choose, request Robert Umaña - his knowledge of and passion for Costa Rica is amazing! He also took pictures through his scope with my iPhone, so I have some great shots of iguanas, a 3-toed sloth, howler and capuchin monkeys, red-eyed tree frogs, a blue-crowned motmot bird, and raccoons. Bring water with you, and a bathing suit for the beach area.

1 Thank SCeron
Madisonville, LA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful for wild life”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

You must stay on trail in this forest. Get a guide if u want to see animals of the forest. They can find most things. However by self exploring MA we found just as much not under guidance. The beach in the park is nice. One of the nicest in the area.

Hampton, New Brunswick, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Manuel Antonio”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We toured it with a guide, very professional, Wilbert (raccoon). It is true that you will see things and learn things you would not without a guide. I am not inclined to hire guides but I didn't regret it. We saw grasshoppers in the trees that I couldn't find for minutes w the naked eye. They were amazingly colorful. Of course we saw snakes, monkeys, sloth's and other animals. The beaches were amazing to view and lovely to swim in. They were very safe although you always have an eye on your stuff more for raccoons or monkeys coming to take something away. No kidding!!! You are always careful of the reputation of petty theft but we had no issues w that but not without precautions in any event. The trails in the park were great. Not so much the road to the first two beaches in the park. It was a road not a trail and heavily travelled by tourists, guides and occasional trucks driven by rangers.