“Family in Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Perezoso

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio National Park
Villa Perezoso
san francisco
“Family in Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

We traveled to Villa Perezoso with our family of five and our friends' family which includes five teens and young adults in June. We had the trip of a lifetime! The villa is absolutely beautiful with spectacular views of the trees and ocean. The accommodations are exquisite.
We were met by the house manager on arrival with drinks in hand. The chef is world class. We enjoyed gourmet, delicious meals that we are still talking about two months later. We enjoyed zip lining, white water rafting, deep sea fishing, snorkeling all arranged (it seems effortlessly) by the house manager. We enjoyed yoga in the yoga studio and massage right at the villa. By evening, we were ensconced by the pool overlooking the trees canopy, home to the monkeys and the perezoso or sloth.
We have traveled the world, but none of us had experienced anything like Villa Perezoso for Pura Vida, the very good life. Thank you for providing us with relaxation, luxury, fun and first class culinary enjoyment. The kids say it was the best vacation they ever had and the adults agree.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed at Villa Perezoso from August 3rd to August 10th. We just got back last night. We were a group of two families. My wife and I had our two kids. Our neighbors came and brought their three kids. Our kids were age 6 and 13 and their kids were 7, 12, and 13. In total there were 9 of us.

We arrived in Costa Rica and had someone waiting for us outside with a sign with our names. We had arranged a 10 person van from the airport to the villa. After the drive we finally arrived to find Victor waiting for us with drinks for everyone.

I'm not sure what I'd call Victor's roll. He did so much for us. He arranged transportation, tours, coordinated meals, gave recommendations on restaurants, found a babysitter for us, and the list goes on. I'd say concierge but he really did much more than that. He also speaks excellent English.

Over (Ober?) was the chef. He prepared breakfast and dinner for all of us each morning. Every day they asked if we had any special requests and each time we told them to make whatever they liked. He was an excellent cook and we all wanted to bring him home with us. We had a variety of fish over the course of our stay including snook, tuna, mahi mahi, and snapper. He also made excellent ribs and beef tenderloin. After dinner each night he made the kids ice cream with various toppings.

Cecelia, the housekeeper, didn't speak much English however she was very polite and always smiled. All three of them were great with the kids.

The house itself was very nice. I won't go into great detail on the layout. You can look up the web site to find that information. We rented the entire house so we had all five bedrooms. We stayed in the master bedroom on the lower floor and the our neighbors took the king bed on the penthouse floor. There was plenty of room for all the kids and we probably could have made due with just four bedrooms instead of five. This was a great arrangement for traveling with another couple because it gave us plenty of room and separation so we could have our time away from each other.

The house had a US phone number that allowed us to make and receive calls back to the states. We didn't use it much but it was nice to be able to talk to friends and family occasionally without racking up a bunch of long distance charges. I believe the house is only a few years old but I can still tell it is kept in great shape and maintained well.

When we arrived there were monkeys in the trees right off the balcony about 15 feet away. They left quickly. We assumed they were around all the time and were disappointed the next day when we didn't see any. The following days for the rest of our trip however were what we came to call "good monkey days." We even had some that came right up on the porch near the pool.

There was lots of other wildlife as well. All kinds of birds I'd never seen before, iguanas, geckos, butterflies, frogs, and sloths. There was one sloth that stayed in a group of a few trees for our entire stay. They too were very close so we got a great view of them and watched them for hours. By the end of the week we all decided the only thing we hadn't seen was a toucan. As if on cue about an hour later, on our last night there, two toucans landed in the trees just off the balcony.

The location was great. Just up the street (within easy walking distance) was a spa and a great restaurant called Aqua Azul.

Just a couple of notes about my ratings below. I gave everything five stars with two exceptions. The pool I gave four stars. The only reason is that it was a bit small. That being said I don't think it could have been made any bigger with the way the house is designed. It was certainly adequate however. The sleep quality I gave three stars. This has nothing to do with the house itself. The beds and bedding were great. My problem was that it gets light at around 5 AM. Even with good blackout curtains (which they have) it's tough for me to sleep when I know it's light outside. The other thing was that the howler monkeys can be quite loud in the early mornings. Again, this isn't the fault of the house, it's part of why we came. If you're a light sleeper you're going to hear the howlers anywhere in Manuel Antonio.

If I come up with more I'll come back and update this. I'll also try to post some pictures as well. Bottom line is that this was a great place to stay and we all eagerly agreed that we'd like to come back and stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TravisR100
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I have been many beautiful places but never before had I recieved "red carpet" treatment as I did while visiting Villa Perezoso with my friends. Victor (house manager) is nothing short of a blessing. He had great suggestions of things to do and went above and beyond to make us comfortable. Chef Over makes culinary masterpieces and his cooking is the best I have had in a long time. Ceclia was very friendly and made our stay a comfortable one because she kept the Villa immaculately clean and entertained my new and emerging Spanish speaking skills. In fact, Victor, Over, and Cecilia all helped me put my spanish speaking skills to good use and Victor's bi-lingual abilities came in handy in the Villa and about town.

Stay here....you won't be disappointed from the GREAT staff, great food, great view and the incredible vibe and love put into this Villa.

1 Thank Danny1047
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

Beautiful views. Wild monkeys and sloths right outside the windows. Showers with doors that open to the jungle and the sea. A hot tub with an unforgettable view. Beautiful decor, luxury and comfort. But what makes this villa is the staff, Victor and Ober (Hope I am spelling his name right). Victor is the manager and makes sure that everything about your trip is PERFECT and Ober is the chef extraordinaire). We were there for a 50th birthday and we ended up never eating breakfast or dinner outside of the home. Ober's meals were too great to be missed.

Guaranteed to be a trip you will remember FOREVER. And they will help you book tours that will take your breath away. Ask about the tour where you get wild monkeys to eat our of your hand and don't miss the canopy ziplining. One of the greatest vacations I have ever taken.

Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I just returned from a week a Villa Perezoso to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday. There were 12 of us from 10 years old to 60, and each of us received excellent care and attention, from the food prepared to the arrangement of experiences that met and exceeded everyone's expectations.

Victor, the house manager, was perfect and delightful...adding a wonderful dimension to our visit. The food was prepared lovingly, tasted awesome, and was healthy too. The views were dynamite: I was lucky enough to see a double rainbow one morning and the visits from sloth, howler monkeys, white-faced monkeys, and parrots...not to mention the hummingbird sitting on her nest at the front door....graced our mornings and evenings with delight.

If you are looking for ease and comfortable luxury in a tropical setting, Villa Perezoso can't be beat. I felt that it was an excellent value along with a beautiful home away from home. Thanks Victor, Over, & Cecilia!!

1 Thank lilylynnmk
San Anselmo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I just returned from a 2 week stay at Villa Perezoso where I went to celebrate my 50th Birthday. The first week was spent just with my sweetheart, and the second week was spent just with my 11 best girlfriends. It truly was the most unbelievable trip of a lifetime! The Villa and Penthouse are exquisitely decorated and appointed, the location is fantastic, the Concierge, Victor, is the most generous, attentive, caring and kind person you could hope for. The gourmet Chef, Over, cooked such spectacularly delicious meals with grace and humor, and the housekeeping staff, Cecilia and her crew, managed to keep our chaos tidy and organized without every being in the way. I wanted an indulgent, pampered experience with my sweetie and best girlfriends for my 50th and that's exactly what I got. Everyone of us left our time there feeling rejuvenated, replenished, pampered, indulged and very well taken care of. It couldn't possibly have been a better experience! I highly, highly recommend it!!!!!

Room Tip: The room with the Kingsize bed in the Penthouse was by far my favorite room