“1st visit to Manuel Antonio”
Review of Hotel San Bada

Hotel San Bada
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Miami Beach, Florida
“1st visit to Manuel Antonio”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We felt very comfortable staying at this four star hotel overlooking the rainforest of the park, it was recommended by friends that visited it on a tour. We enjoyed so much the idea of the proximity to the national park and saving time in taking a bus or taxi.
Our room in the 3 floor suited us fine with views of the forest, with coffee, my recommendation is to add tea supplies too. My wife and I hall upstairs to the sixth floor which was a surprise, incredible Pacific Ocean view in an intimate atmosphere with a bar and a pool next to it, bravo!
The staff spoke good English and service was ok, I would stay here again for a perfect 1st, 2nd and more visits to Manuel Antonio.

Room Tip: Maykel and Silvia both are waiters at the restaurant ask for them to take your orders
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin75fl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Farmville, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This place has a great location, close to the nice beach of the national park. The other beach is public. We stayed on the second floor, nice wood bed, nice bed sheets, high ceiling, and the bathroom was nice. The staff is very friendlym they were always greeting us. We saw a lot of wildlife from the top floor terrace, the ground pool was big and clean. There are lot of beach restaurants close by, but we didnt visit them. We definitely recommend this place

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank amazingdunn
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was one of our last stops on caravan tour..Once we arrived Caravan had set up a happy hour on the top of hotel. We had a great time having cocktails and watching the sunset and viewing the monkeys in the trees. This is truly a jungle location. I awoke next morning at 4am to the sound of monkeys howling, I stepped out on balcony and captured the sound of monkeys on phone. I again went back out at 5am with my friend to play video, and believe it or not the monkeys were coming through the trees following the sound.My friend and I quickly ran back into room.Probably not a smart thing to do, but one of the most exciting ,thrilling adventures.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank vitagrl
Wallingford, Connecticut
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This large, modern hotel is in a great spot for the beach and Manuel Antonio park which is literally right outside the front gate. We were greeted with cool drinks and Capuchin monkeys right outside our balcony. Our room was very large with a balcony and a wonderful shower. Breakfast was wonderful. The morning we left, we had to catch a taxi before breakfast was served and the staff was kind enough to pack breakfasts for us. We did buy boxed lunches to take to the park, and I would not recommend doing this. It was $11 for a sandwich and french fries, which seemed expensive to us, and packed into plastic boxes which were not convenient to carry. However, the bread was wonderful so we did enjoy it. Overall, a nice hotel with friendly staff in a great location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa M
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This colorful hotel is next to the jungle, Manuel Antonio National Park. The location is superb. You can go out on your balcony and hear the sounds of the jungle and possibly see wildlife. Nice rooms with large shower and good service at the restaurant. I did see a red eyed frog on the hotel property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Well, actually the iguana was on a tree just off our balcony. We stayed at the San Bada as part of a Caravan tour. I love the hotel, it was beautiful. It put me in mind of something I might see in Morocco ( not that I have ever been there! ) Our room was very nice and the balcony looked out over the edge of the Manuel Antonio National Park. Watch out for aggressive monkeys!
I would like to have had a bath tub but there was only a shower. Super A.C, a room safe, free wi-fi, a fridge, a king bed and high wood panelled ceilings rounded out our room. Housekeeping folds the towels into origami animal shapes.
Others had complained of buggy rooms but we saw no bugs. In fact the whole time I was in Costa Rica I got only one bug bite. There was only one elevator but did not present a problem. I think maybe during the high season it might make a difference.
Our stay a San Bada was only one day. I would have loved to have stayed longer. The hotel sits at the gate to the Manuel Antonio NP with its rainforest and lovely beaches. There were lots of shops, hotels and restaurants in the immediate area. Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Poodletoes
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We spent a couple nights at the San Bada. It was a lovely hotel, lovely room,great view, giant bathroom and IT'S RIGHT NEXT TO THE ENTRANCE TO THE MANUEL ANTONIO NATIONAL PARK! For that reason alone I would highly recommend it. The fact that it is a very nice place is icing on the cake. I notice someone mentioned a peculiar odor and I did too, but once the patio door was opened it went away. There was a nice pool although we didn't visit it, it would be great for kids, complete with a nice big slide. There is also a bar on the roof where you have an amazing view of the sunset.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a view so don't fret.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple