“Great food and excellent service!”

El Mirador Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$60
Cuisines: Costa Rican, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: El Mirador Restaurant is located near Arenas del Mar's reception area and pool, overlooking Espadilla Beach, Manuel Antonio National Park, and the Pacific Ocean. El Mirador—which means “the viewpoint” in Spanish—has an open air, covered interior dining area and outdoor seating. Along with breathtaking views and gorgeous sunsets, our restaurant serves breakfast and dinner using fresh, local ingredients. Start your day with our complimentary breakfast: fresh fruits, homemade granola, warm muffins and breads, eggs, pancakes and of course, Costa Rican coffee. Our dinner menu includes highlights such as locally caught fish and other delicacies at this authentic full-service Costa Rican restaurant.
Reviewed 18 October 2014 via mobile

This is the best place to eat in Manuel Antonio. The food is great and the service is amazing. They cater to everyone, with a variety of options, including gluten free! They also had vegeterian and meat lover options.

I have celiac disease and was overwhelmed by the staffs' knowledge of the disease and the extensive menu for me. Everyone is so friendly at this hotel. Thank you for making me many great meals during our stay!

1  Thank Beachlov77

Reviewed 17 October 2014

We stayed 9 nights at Arenas del Mar. We had breakfast at El Mirador every morning, and dined there 7 out of 9 nights. Those two nights we went elsewhere because we wanted to try some of Manuel Antonio's celebrated restaurants but, honestly, we didn't need to look anywhere else for excellent food and service. By our 3rd night dining there the chef came to our table and asked, since we'd been there a couple of times already, whether there was anything we would like that was not on the menu. One of the two chefs came to our table at least 4 more times during our stay. They also were extremely accommodating to my very particular (and ever changing) tastes during the early stages of my pregnancy. They were more than eager to please. They truly made us feel welcome and spoiled us!

Please make sure to order their fabulous risotto, "sopa negra" (creamy black bean soup) and "lomito" (beef tenderloin). Everything we tried was to die for but these three were my favorites! It also helped that in the mornings we were able to have breakfast outdoors while looking at the glorious beach and rainforest (and the occasional monkey :-)).

1  Thank Milagros L
Reviewed 7 October 2014

I ate every meal during my time in Costa Rica at Arenas del Mar except one when I went ziplining. Much of Costan Rican cuisine is naturally gluten-free. There was always lots of fresh fruit, beans, rice, meats, chicken, and fish. This made my dining decisions relatively easy. Even with the naturally gluten-free menu, the staff went the extra mile to ensure that my meal was totally safe and gluten-free. (I have celiac disease and must eat gluten-free all the time!)

The food at Arenas del Mar is fresh, some of the freshest food I have ever tasted. Each dish takes some time to prepare, but it is worth the wait. The food clearly was made just for you and wasn’t sitting in the kitchen for hours. This quality and attention to detail did not go unnoticed.

During check-in, the reception staff asked me if I had any food allergies. I told them “Yes, shellfish and gluten” and they must have made a note of these dietary restrictions. I gave a simple reminder to the waitstaff each time I sat down to El Mirador. They eased my nervousness by repeating “gluten-free” when I placed my order and again when they brought me my plate. By the end of my stay, the staff all knew I was gluten-free!

My absolute favorite dish was the gluten-free pancakes served with with almonds, mango and coconut.

1  Thank GF_Globetrotter
Reviewed 27 September 2014

We stayed at Arenas del Mar and the food here is outstanding. The view overlooks the cliff and has the beach in the distance. Sometimes if you're lucky you'll see a monkey hanging from the trees.

For breakfast, the traditional gallo pinto is to die for! Also, they bring out a tray of fresh exotic fruits. It's always nice to see what surprise fruits you're going to get the next time. The pancakes were good and they give you 3 different kinds of syrup. Coconut was my favorite!

For dinner, the seafood is always fresh and the presentation is beautiful. I could have ordered the octopus appetizer for every meal! There was a Celiac week going on for part of our stay. The staff was well educated with many allergies and especially Gluten intolerance. I feel like I tried everything on the menu. Make sure to ask for "Chito's Chili" if you like hot foods (you won't find it on the menu). The desert was tasty and if you are a not sweet person I tried the aged cheeses too that were just as good. The traditional plates are unlike anything you'll ever try. Really. My two favorite entrees for dinner was the Snook and Yellow Fin Tuna.

Reviewed 25 September 2014

the menu is not huge and it is pricey but the food is really good. I wouldn't recommend the chicharrones but the rest of the food choices are amazing.

1  Thank Josh M