“Great stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oceano Villas

Oceano Villas
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio National Park
Oceano Villas
Tierra Verde, Florida
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Had a great stay at Ylang Ylang Manuel Antonio. Great views, great restaurant, clean and friendly. Cabin had a great view with a hammock on the cool patio.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelingticos

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Goderich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

This was an amazing place to stay. Very economical and had all the amenities you would need-daily maid service who neven did dishes, beach towels, a/c and a balcony with a hammock. The view was the "best" Saw other places at a lot more money that did not have what we did. The restaurant beside us was very convenient and a great place to eat. Right across from bus stop to Quepos and park and walking distance to 2 beautiful beaches. Alex was very helpful and we could ask for anything. Would highly recommend this for short or long term vacationers.

Room Tip: just email Ylang Ylang to reserve
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kathy76Goderich
Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2011

I wrote a previous review because I couldn't get through to the owner about my reservation. That was straightened out shortly before I got there, but not without serious misgivings.
Once I got there the place looked EXACTLY like the pictures. Beautiful. But...
On closer inspection - the kitchen was not clean. I would have had to clean it to use it. The stove did not come on - no propane? Oh well, I decided not to cook - I'm on vacation, although that would have saved a few dollars! The couch was not the cleanest (had a dirty smell) and therefore, I couldn't sit on it. The bedsheets were threadbare and the mattress had no pad or cover. I rectified this by sleeping on a towel. Well, not good enough!! I got home to discover bed bug bites all over my legs and arms!
What's more maddening than this is I stayed at a lovely place in Monteverde for $25 a night!!! WITH FULL breakfast and lovely people! This was my splurge!
I'm a budget traveler and I don't need to be coddled. I have lived in Mexico and travel as frequently as I can. So the occasional "no hot water" - bugs that are indigenous to the area - its all part of the charm and adventure. I just want a clean room.
The location is lovely, the view - beautiful. And the bar has happy hour at 5:30 with delightful 2 for 1 drinks. But until they rectify these issues, which I am told they will I cannot recommend this place. I hope it comes together...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lotsmore2see

Travellers are raving about these Manuel Antonio National Park hotels

San José
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

We stayed at the villa for one night. There was some confusion when we arrived (we had reserved a studio and were told we could check in at 9am) so we had to just leave our stuff at the reception area. When we returned, they had made arrangements to give us the larger villa for which we were very pleased! The villa was clean and has a wonderful view of the Biesanz Bay from the deck and dining area. The kitchen was fully equipped, though we did need to ask for a bit of help getting the stove to work. We had warm water, the staff were accommodating, and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family