“Fabulous!”
Bali Baths
Cathedral Ceilings
Travertine Tile
Monkey's View
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Beach126
Fort Myers Beach
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 14 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We were four couples traveling together in early October for a much needed vacation. What a joy to have found Donald and Nathan and Casa Tranquila. Everything about our stay at the casa and our trip to Costa Rica was perfect. The villa is absolutely beautiful. There are stunning views of the Pacific Ocean, tastefully appointed bedrooms, a well stocked kitchen, comfortable sitting areas and a large dining area. There are even umbrellas and rain jackets.
Team Casa Tranquila expertly orchestrated our airport pick up and all of our tours and events as well as providing us with a very informative “Guide to Costa Rica”. Paulette worked as a quiet “Energizer Bunny” making sure that all of our needs were met on a daily basis at the villa. Juan made sure that the pool and grounds were neat and tidy and the adorable squirrel monkeys and white face capuchins kept us entertained when they came to visit every afternoon. There really are not enough words to describe the conscientious care that we received while we were guests at the villa.
Donald and Nathan, thank you for a wonderful vacation. We all look forward to returning.

21 Dec 2015
And we cannot wait for you to be here again, Tree! You and Dan and your friends were so gracious. Thanks for welcoming "Team Tranquila" (I LOVE that) into your "family". Nathan and I promise to visit YOUR beach in Florida soon to return the favor! Hugs to All. Donald, Nathan, Paulette, Juan (Sombra & Fergus).
LaLaPhD
Alexandria, VA
“Stunning Villa with Wonderful Hospitality”
Reviewed 28 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We just returned from a wonderful and most relaxing vacation at the beautiful Casa Tranquila. It is a beautiful villa located in a wonderful location between Quepos and Manuel Antonio National Park. The home has spectacular views and rates 5 stars in beauty, luxury and most importantly comfort. We were a group of 8 friends traveling (4 couples) so the layout is perfect for couples since each suite in the main house has three beautiful bedrooms with their own private baths. The casita is a perfect little oasis on its own with spectacular views through the glass windows.

The villa is decorated beautifully with wonderful touches all around. Gorgeous flowers in every room. The kitchen table is huge and was perfect for 8 of us to sit around. We never felt cramped. Everything was amazing, the villa, location, the property, and the views were all wonderful.

The best part of our stay by far was the wonderful hospitality we received from Donald and Nathan. Nathan made sure our vacation was packed with informative and fun day trips so we could always come back by the afternoon and relax by the pool. He made our trip worry-free in every way. Donald was a wonderful host who met us at the villa with all the information we would need for our stay. It was refreshing to not have to wonder where light switches were, etc. Such enthusiasm and passion about their place made us feel like we were part of the Costa Rican family immediately. Paulette came every day and kept the place immaculate as did Juan on the grounds and pool.

Only a short walk (a little hilly if you are of a certain age ) brings you to the main road where you can catch the bus for 65 cents! The bus travels between Quepos and MA Park and is a wonderful way to explore Costa Rica. It was a wonderful experience for us staying at Casa Tranquila. I can’t recommend our experience enough.

The best part of our stay by far was our interactions with Donald & Nathan. They went above and beyond to answer any questions we had and to offer up suggestions for good local restaurants and places to see. They made our trip and we will definitely return for another stay at the beautiful Casa Tranquila.

Liked best: Stunning Views, Comfortable rooms and roominess
Liked least: Not enough seating on the upper level balcony
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
29 Oct 2015
Thanks Laura and Tree! We felt like "Family" from the instant you arrived! Thanks for your glowing (and very humbling) praise. We strive to intuit the wishes of our friends at Casa Tranquila, so I am very happy we were correct that you wanted to include us. I promise we enjoyed you all every bit as much as you did us. We cannot wait to see you all again next year!
nedlott
Evanston, Illinois
“relaxing and accommodating- a great place!”
Reviewed 20 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Casa Tranquila is right where you want to be in the heart of Manuel Antonio. There are great amenities here and the staff is knowledgeable and accommodating. For my wife and I, and our three teenage daughters, it offered the perfect blend of activity, relaxation, and proximity. I highly recommend this place. Nathan, Paulette and Donald go out of their way to make you feel at home and provide insight and experience, making your stay memorable and special.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the views and the private pool.
Your age range 35-49
21 Aug 2015
Thanks Ned for allowing Nathan and me to be a part of your family during your visit last week. You and Heidi and The Girls were warm and endearing, and we appreciate our afternoon "Happy Hours". You guys were "One in a Million", and, on your next visit, we promise a necklace to prove it! Come back soon! Donald & Nathan . . .Sombra & Fergus.
wdickson
Coppell, Texas
“I would highly recommend Casa Tranquila! Pura Vida!”
Reviewed 6 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Casa Tranquila is wonderful home and fit our family of 5 (daughter- 16 & 17 and son-11) perfectly! It is conveniently located (near the water, the rain forest, and grocery store), very beautiful, and very comfortable. We felt at home immediately. The bedrooms are roomy, the kitchen well stocked, and the living areas ideal. The pool is relaxing and refreshing. We ended many days swimming. My husband and I spent the evenings sitting in the rocking chairs gazing out at the ocean while the children played games downstairs. Casa Tranquila is very clean and is taken care of daily by Paulette. Is there anything better than having someone else clean the kitchen after running out early in the morning? She is very sweet and I wished that we could have brought her home with us.
Donald provided a lot of information prior to our trip including his Insider Tips (extremely helpful!) and a list of Must Do activities. Once we finally decided what we wanted to do, Nathan scheduled all of the activities. He put together an ideal itinerary for us. He included the times that we were going to be picked up, what was included (i.e. lunch-yummy!), and what how we needed to pay for it (cash/credit card). It was very reassuring to know that Nathan had researched the various companies. Every adventure and guide that we had was excellent and exceeded our expectations. We made a few changes to our plans and Nathan took care of everything including scheduling taxi rides. One of the many highlights for our children was surfing lessons by Todd. They learned a lot and had a great time.
Nathan arranged for us to be picked up in San Jose and after a nice ride looking at and learning about that part of Costa Rica, Donald and Nathan greeted us as friends with cool drinks. While we were getting information about the house and our activities, Chef Guy and Paulette were preparing a lovely meal for us. The food was delicious and it was a wonderful way to begin our adventure.
A big thank you to Donald, Nathan, Paulette, Juan (who took care of the pool, hung the hammock, and fixed the few items that we broke), and of course Sombra and Fergus for making our family vacation the very best.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful, safe, and comfortable
Large groups People with pets
7 Aug 2015
Kim, you and Wyatt and The Kids were ideal guests. I thank you for noticing all the "little things" we try to do so our guests have a worry-free Costa Rica adventure. We truly hated to see you go, but we are confident we'll see you again in the near future. We hope Wyatt had the best birthday ever!!
Donald, Nathan, Paulette, Juan (and of course) Sombra and Fergus
doraSumme...
Dallas, Texas
“Friendliest place!”
Reviewed 24 July 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Being under the same roof and having a place where we could be ourselves, have our own separate activities AND also space for everybody to be together was so important since there were eight of us traveling from all over the world for one short week of BIG family vacation. Casa Tranquila promised and delivered! The house had plenty of bedrooms with their own amenities and it also had a BIG family room where we all spent most of our time together.
Donald, Nathan, Fergus and Sambre were just the best hosts - they were always available and always looking for ways to help us make the most out of our stay in Costa Rica. The best part was Donald convincing my very stubborn and skeptical parents to go ziplining - my parents couldn't stop talking about how much they enjoyed the activity and that we shouldn't have waited until the end of our vacation to do it...lesson learned, Donald knows best!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Donald bringing the puppies to visit; Paula kept the house so clean and comfortable!
Liked least: kitchen appliances needed updates (some burners & oven were out); rips in screens at windows and doors (need them to keep mosquitoes out).
Travelling group: Extended Family
Large groups People with pets
7 Aug 2015
Thank you, Linda, for those kind words about your week at Casa Tranquila. Since you shared them, we have upgraded all our mattresses to SERTA Hypnos (pillow top) and upgraded all kitchen implements. Thanks for bringing that to our attention, and, even though your review was excellent . . .we promise you and your family PERFECTION when you come to see us next year. Donald
KimL740
Denver, Colorado
“Absolute Paradise!”
Reviewed 23 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

It’s going to be very hard for me to condense all the greatness of Casa Tranquilla, the amazing people, and my trip but I’ll try! Before we even arrived, poor Nathan answered SO many of my questions, went back and forth with me as I changed my mind on the itinerary, and patiently (and regularly) reassured me that “No, it’s NOT always raining here like the weather channel says!”. He was beyond gracious and in hindsight and I now also know he picked the best tours and was always working to make the details work even more than I knew!
Carlos met us at the airport and was so sweet! He stopped for us along the way at the fruit stand, the crocodiles, and the grocery store! Couldn’t have been nicer! When we arrived at Casa Tranquilla Donald and Nathan were there to greet us! Felt like they were already old friends! The house is absolutely beautiful, I think it took me about 3 days before I finally stopped saying to my kids “can you believe these flower arrangements are real””? Every little thing is taken care of! My youngest daughter I think actually loved the pool most out of our whole trip and I have some great memories of just hanging out with her in it, just paradise in a pool overlooking the most gorgeous ocean view!! It should be noted that I don’t think all that many houses in this area have that view!
Having never been there I really didn’t know what to expect for location and we didn’t rent a car. Turns out, I couldn’t have picked a better location! The house is well situated between town and the beach and with most tours picking us up, it was really easy! Plus Donald and Nathan even helped us during the week to arrange the few taxi rides we needed, it was effortless because of them! There were a small grocery store and enough restaurants within walking distance (ok the hill is a little tiring lol) that it was just perfect!
About mid-week, we came back from a tour to find that Donald and Nathan (and Juan!) had been by and left us surprises!! We now had a hammock and even new wakeboards to play with in the pool, it was so incredibly sweet! They stopped by later and Nathan brought us homemade cupcakes (who does that??) and hanging out at the pool with them and Sombra and Fergus is one of my top memories!
I could actually say more but I’ll sum it up with this is an amazing place, an amazing home, and with amazing people!! I really felt like I made some friends and already miss Donald, Nathan, Carlos, Paulette, Sombra, and Fergus! Hope to see you all again real soon!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the house, view, and people!
Liked least: leaving!
Your age range 35-49
Large groups
24 Jul 2015
We are so humbled by your comments, Kim. You and Your Daughters were such a pleasure to have. Usually by the time guests depart, they forget about the preparation Nathan does months PRIOR to your arrival . . .so we REALLY appreciate your acknowledging his vacation-planning service. Casa Tranquila is fortunate to have him. Please come back to see us again soon! You always have a home in Costa Rica. Donald, Nathan, Paulett, Juan (Sombra & Fergus).
Heidi W
“Fantastic house for a girls trip/vacation”
Reviewed 22 July 2015 for a stay in May 2015

My group consisted of 7 girls all around our late 30's and we were vacationing to celebrate a group of birthdays.

The house was great for our group size. We opted in for the Casita so we had additional room, but everyone had their own living space and we did not feel cramped. Donald and Nate were great at recommending tours and set us up with enough separate events to feel like we could enjoy Costa Rica, but not feel overwhelmed.

I specifically enjoyed my relaxation by our pool. I was able to wind down at night after the day's activities and soak my legs and feet. Every day we were treated to a cleaning service provided and I found going back to my room that clothes were folded - which was quite the extra service.

I can't recommend this house enough and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Liked best: Loved the staff
Liked least: I had a bamboo bed that was a bit creaky, but really - that's not much of a complaint
Large groups
24 Jul 2015
You Girls were so much fun for us! We miss you and hope you'll be back next January to celebrate #41!! Donald
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing