The rooms at los Altos are really the size of apartments--ours was 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths with several balconies and a full kitchen. The hotel is less than 5 years old and so all amenities are clean and modern. Great to have that kind of spaciousness for a family of five...
The staff is very friendly and helpful--I recommend booking all of your tours through them as our ziplining, Manuel Antonio Park hike, river rafting, and catamaran snorkeling all went off without a hitch and the operators were excellent and reputable. Pool is small but really nice and the restaurant has great views and full breakfast included. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant for dinner as there are better and more reasonably priced restaurants within walking distance (Emilio's and Barba Roja in particular are within 2 minutes walk). The beach is a hike down the hill or shuttle ride, but it's nice enough and a fun adventure for the kids--just bring towels and don't expect a lot of amenities; this is common for Costa Rica beaches in this area by the way. Definitely spring to book a room on the upper floors (6 or 7) as the views are more spectacular there. Lower floors are closer to the parking lot in front of the hotel and views are more limited. I recommend it highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bold in presence; playful in personality. Los Altos Resort Private Reserve & Beach is Manuel Antonio's premier laid back luxury boutique resort. The Los Altos aesthetic represents a sensitive integration between tropical authenticity and modern amenities. We offer 28 gorgeous private residences, each boasting a vivid Pacific Ocean view through floor to ceiling windows. Also, for a luxury resort in the heart of Manuel Antonio, our rates are very reasonable. Very reasonable, and you get a lot out of us, which we're happy about. We like to keep things simple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Los Altos Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos Beach Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Los Altos Beach Resort And Spa
- Los Altos Resort Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio