We stayed a week at Los Altos with our two teenage children and couldn't have been happier. The accommodations were spacious and comfortable, so we never felt crowded. We were on the fifth floor on the B side and had a great, if far away, view of the ocean. Like others have mentions, we moved the chairs from the side balcony to the one that faces the ocean so we could all sit out there and enjoy the view. The condo was clean and everything was in working order. The staff was very accommodating, helping us make (and change) reservations for activities and dinners. They knew us by name and were eager to help us with any request we had. It was great to have daily maid service - usually this is not provided in condos we've stayed in on other vacations. We were only disappointed in the restaurant Karola's. The food there was just okay (though if you have an early tour scheduled, I highly recommend eating breakfast there - you will likely get a great show by the monkeys coming down to feed). When we were at the pool, they didn't really come down often enough to check on us to see if we wanted to order food or drink, so we got in the habit of stopping by on our way to the pool to order drinks and food and they'd bring it down to us when it was ready. There was a bar right next to the pool, but it was never staffed while we were there - perhaps because we were there in the rainy season? The staff in the restaurant was extremely friendly and happy to offer recommendations or rush our breakfast order so we could get done in time for our tour. We would definitely stay at Los Altos again and have already recommended it to several of our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bold in presence; playful in personality. Los Altos Resort and Spa is Manuel Antonio's premier laid back luxury boutique resort. The Los Altos aesthetic represents a sensitive integration between tropical authenticity and modern amenities. We offer 28 gorgeous private residences, each boasting a vivid Pacific Ocean view through floor to ceiling windows. Also, for a luxury resort in the heart of Manuel Antonio, our rates are very reasonable. Very reasonable, and you get a lot out of us, which we're happy about. We like to keep things simple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your The Preserve at Los Altos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Altos Beach Resort And Spa
- Los Altos Beach Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- The Preserve At Los Altos Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park