“Most Amazing Trip”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Bedroom 3
Master Bedroom
Living Room
Luxury Retreat
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Brendaksc...
Victoria, Canada
“Most Amazing Trip”
Reviewed 2 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Steven was great right from the beginning in answering all of our questions. The house is even better in person than the pictures represent. Truly amazing house and in the middle of the jungle. We saw more insects and birds at the house than we did at Manuel Antonio Park. The boys often wanted to stay in to enjoy the view and pool.

We had the unfortunate experience of not having the vehicle we had ordered and were given an all wheel drive instead of a true 4x4. We ended up having issues getting up the driveway which meant we had to get help from Kenny and his lovely wife. This ended up being a blessing in disguise even though it was inconvenient for them. They are the most lovely people. We met their entire family and felt privileged to have met them.

We would highly recommend this rental home and we will no doubt return but with a better vehicle!

Thanks Steven to you and Kenny et all.

canadianx...
Toronto, Canada
“Eden estate indeed! Will never forget this vacation ”
Reviewed 19 February 2018 for a stay in January 2018

I must start off by thanking Steve the owner for being such a great help for me and my family as we planned and executed this most memorable vacation. We were two families with young children and had an absolute superb time at the home.

We reached SJO from YYZ at approximately 10 pm Jan 22nd got to the rental car place and hit the road. It took us about 2 hours to get to the home and driving in the dark, rain and windy roads was all part of building the excitement. We reached the home safely after Trekking up the hill without any issue.
Luis the homes care taker was so kind and left us some eggs milk and bread so we can cook breakfast before having to go for groceries the next morning.

He was a phenomenal human being as I got to know him better and our families looked forward to seeing him every morning. He took us to the nearby farm one day where we got to see macaus and local plants/herbs etc. He brought the horse up for the kids to enjoy! We spent hours talking about life and the beauty and business opportunities of Costa Rica. Sadly only a few short days after we left the home we heard about his tragic passing away from a car accident. The news article had a picture of the very same truck he used to take us around in... my family and I are heart broken and cannot look through some of the pictures from our trip without shedding tears especially the photos of Luis that remind us of his outstanding character and kind soul.

He made that part of our trip incredible and we will forever pray for his soul to rest in peace..

I don't know how Steve will manage the property without Luis on the ground moving ahead but I am sure he will figure something out. The people of CR are truly amazing and kind. There are plenty of hard working women and men that I am sure can help.

The location of the home is phenomenal close to parrita, Manuel Antonio and the beach just west of parrita is beautiful!

I look forward to visiting this area and home again one day especially the trails around the house!

Thank you and enjoy every moment because as Luis would say "life is Beautiful, and so are the people in it"!

Pura Vida!

Teresa H
“Mrs.”
Reviewed 19 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We have not yet stayed or booked here yet because we are in the process of planning for 2018. However, I wanted to post how impressed with the Owner, Steven I was today. He was amazingly prompt and offered to have a phone conversation next week to discuss the house, tours, and any other questions I may have.

Excellent customer service!

Shahriar...
“Magical place”
Reviewed 18 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We had an amazing time at this beautiful villa. Recommend this villa for it's privacy, 360 views and proximity to everything from Quepos to Manuel Antonio park to all locations south (Uvita and beyond). Definitely need a 4x4 to access the road to the villa.
Also, Luis the manager is phenomenal person to help with all your needs.

joellyan1...
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Wonderful location.”
Reviewed 8 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Great home, wonderful location. Lives up to its name, it's own little Eden. Be sure to get a 4 wheel drive vehicle for access. Saw monkeys on the property ,exotic looking frogs and birds. The views from every room were spectacular. Could gave used a Bluetooth speaker system ti synch our favorite music to, to make the stay perfect.

Value Rooms

SZ_from_N...
San Francisco, California
“Absolute Paradise. Period.”
Reviewed 9 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

I'm slightly hesitant to write too glowing a review for I'd like to keep this vacation rentals' calendar open for my next visit to Costa Rica... but my experience must be shared.

I was one click away from booking a family trip to the CR using a travel agency. A cookie cut template-trip sent to your email inbox with a complete itinerary of hotels, activities and transportation arranged on your behalf - eliminating the work of travel planning. For many people, the ready-made vacation is ideal and our family was seconds away from booking one. In hindsight, I am so glad we did not!

Listen to me folks... heed these words ... you can book an amazing vacation to Costa Rica all by yourself. The custom tailored vacation, in comparison to the ready-made one, will be incalculably better. We did it and so can you.

IF you think I'm wrong, I forgive you. So by all means, book your trip with the help of an agency... BUT AT LEAST stay at this property for a few nights. You will NOT regret it.

I booked Eden Estate and kept it a secret. Rather than provide any details on the location, property design and surrounding jungle views, I just played stupid and said it was a basic vacation rental... you should have seen the look on my folks faces' when we arrived...

Steven, the property owner accommodated our short stay needs and was extremely punctual with communication. The property manager, Luis, who lives near Eden Estate, was easy to reach when we had questions and became a great source for advice on things to do in the area.

Really though... you won't and don't need to leave Eden Estate for at least 1-2 full days. Bring gallons of bottled water and items to cook (we picked up fresh tuna in Quepos at Martec) in the well stocked kitchen or make use of the propane BBQ located on the East side of the property that overlooks the most visually stunning mountain range you will ever see. There are two access points to a trail that winds down to the jungle floor where a river flows and a waterfall can be seen (in the wet season you can probably swim in). There are butterflies, beautiful birds that can only be found in this part of the country and no signs of people (except your friends and family) to compete with. There's no way this review can explain the freedom and beauty that one can find in this private space of wild and untouched Costa Rican jungle.

Once you've soaked up the house and it's surroundings, you could make the 20 minute drive to the coveted Manuel Antonio National Park... but this properties real secret is it's proximity to the Rainmaker Reserve. We opted for it rather than MA Park. Look it up... 15 visitors per day offering old growth rainforest, incomparable mountain views, over two dozen waterfalls, many of which you can swim in, suspension bridges, cheap, fresh lunch.... absolutely a sensory stimulating marvel.

You get my point... and here's easy instructions on getting to this paradise.

Fly in to San Jose (Juan Santamaría Int'l Airport) and Rent A Car! Taking taxis and shuttles in Costa Rica is quite expensive -- I live in the Bay Area, California with paved everything, clear road signs.... in other words I had no prior experience driving in Latin America. If I can do it -- you can do it. The freedom of your own transportation in CR is indispensable. Driving to Eden Estate might pose the slightest challenge the first time driving there ... BUT once you find it and YOU WILL!... getting in and out and around neighboring cities such as Quepos and Manuel Antonio are very easy. You can't get lost. No matter how "directionally" challenged you may be.

As a side note to planning your own vacation... we also visited the Arenal Volcano, stayed in La Fortuna. Make sure you visit the La Fortuna Waterfall and check out Tabacon Hot Springs...

We wrapped up at the Pacuare River Lodge... it's expensive but there are less expensive lodging options along the Pacuare River... beautiful part of the country as well.

All the best and Pura Vida!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: No Issues Whatsoever
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
10 May 2016
Thanks for the detailed review and very glad your holiday was a great one. Look forward to remaining in touch!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing