“Amazing hotel”
Review of Villas Oasis

Villas Oasis
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We loved our stay at villa oasis. Stayed in the hideaway, had more than enough room. Was very clean, included a housekeeper daily. Great location next to bus stop. Halfway between the park and Quepos. Walking distance to beautiful local beach and many shops/bars/restaurants. Owner was absolutely great. She even lent me her phone to tether my iPad to when the internet in the town was knocked out. Must stay in Manuel Antonio.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This was my third trip to Costa Rica and Villas Oasis. Each time has been a pleasure. The resort is always clean and the staff are great. The rooms are well appointed and very spacious. I would recommend the penthouse.the pool and BBQ area are great places to lounge. The secured parking and controlled entry give peace of mind.The staff were very helpful and the location is great. The bus stop is within 100 yrds.With numerous restaurants in walking distance. Book yourself a stay and find out how great it can be.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We will always choose Villas Oasis as our first choice when we come to Manuel Antonio. A welcoming reception, and all our needs met by friendly staff. They offer great insight to local tours and entertainment. Walking distance from several restuarants and bars....the bus and taxis are at the corner. Location, location, location! We look forward to planning a family retreat some day soon and booking the whole place with family and friends.

Room Tip: Each room offers a different option. They are all nice, just pick the one that suites your personal...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Villa Oasis was a beautiful resort! We came down with our family having never been to Costa Rica before, and would not go anywhere else, but here. The whole resort was very clean, and the staff (Nadja) was the sweetest. Heather gave us great recommendations for activities, and the must see sites while we were there, and helped us coordinate them as well. Thank you for making our trip special for us!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Villas Oasis was an excellent choice for our stay in Manuel Antonio. My wife and I stayed in the efficiency, which was all we needed. Stove, refrigerator, water cooler, coffee maker. It was simple and no frills. The price was very reasonable. We made some friends and saw the inside of the other rooms... The were enormous and very well done!!! More than we would have needed. The grounds were clean, the gardens were well tended, pool was a treat!! The Capuchin monkeys came through on 2 occasions and the fresh mangos on the grounds couldn't be beat!! If you're reading other reviews the name Nadja is going to come up a lot. That's because she is definitely a highlight of the Villas Oasis. A wonderful person and the concierge who goes beyond the call of duty to make your stay enjoyable!! She actually lent me bus money on our last day so I could hop a bus into town to pick up a last minute hammock.
Why did I want a hammock?
Because on the grounds there are three of these hammocks and every day or evening I found myself with a cold beer and my copy of Treasure Island swinging in one.
There are two grills and benches for cooking out. Good to consider if your doing any fishing on your trip. Nothing like a fresh catch on the grill. Nadja had all the right answers for our dining experiences as well. Just ask her where the best fish tacos are served...boom... Fish and Chips down the street have the best tacos for the best value. When we wanted our one night of fine dining she made our reservation at Gondola (by her recommendation) and had a wonderful Italian evening.
If considering Manuel Antonio check out Villas Oasis I don't think you'll regret it. Thanks Heather!!

Room Tip: As there are only 3 rooms in the Villas Oasis, 2 large and 1 efficiency there isn't really a bad...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Villas_Oasis, Owner at Villas Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hey Mark,

It was a pleasure to have you guys at Villas Oasis! You are welcome back anytime, thanks for the great review!

Heather

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is the place to go if your looking for great digs in the heart of the town. The hotel is run by the best of people and the service is great! Life is good when you find yourself at the best place in town!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Goodtimesin
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Villas Oasis had a tough act to follow when we arrived after spending 4 nights at a wonderful B&B in La Fortuna. The first impression was great. We stayed in the Secret Garden villa which was spacious and well equipped. Overall we had a good stay, but there was also room for improvement in a few areas.

The pros:
*Hands down Nadja was the best part of Villas Oasis. The owners of the villas are really lucky to have such a wonderful person on site to help their guests. She is personable, full of lots of useful information and recommendations, and really seemed invested in ensuring that not only our stay in Villas Oasis, but also in Manuel Antonio went well. We enjoyed talking with her about her life adventures traveling around the world and deciding to live in Costa Rica. When I realized that I had double booked activities one day, she was quick to help reschedule things for us. I also forgot to tell Heather (who coordinated our stay) that we would have a rental car (completely my fault), so we were told we would have to park on the street for the first 2 nights. Nadja was so concerned for us and tried to help us squeeze into the small driveway beyond their gate anyway. She went above and beyond what I presume her job description to be, and we really appreciated it.
*The grounds of the villas were very nice. There was a nice, clean pool that we never used, and also a nice covered common area with 2 grills, a refrigerator, books, and other useful items. We also never used this, but it was nice.
*Parking, if you remember to tell Heather if you have a car, is inside a secure gate and access to the villas is only with a garage door opener or a keycode, so it felt very secure.
*The villa itself was nice and was cleaned daily. The housekeeper, who we never met, even did our dishes for us after we left in a hurry after making breakfast one morning.

Cons:
*Though the villa was clean overall, you could tell that it was a bit older. Some of the furniture and linens were a bit dingy and had some wear and tear associated with being used a lot in a beach town.
*I think this is somewhat common in Costa Rica, but the hot water in the shower is electrically heated through a device that the water runs through that's attached to the shower head. It shuts off after 15 minutes, so I felt rushed to finish my shower before hot water ran out for my husband. I also quickly realized that if that is how water is heated in the villa, that the shower was the only place we'd get hot water. I wash my face in the morning, so it was rough to have to do that with cold water from the sink. First world problems, I know.
*The A/C in the main bedroom was freezing. It worked, but it worked too well! We woke up shivering in the middle of the night and no matter how much adjusting we did with the A/C, it didn't respond. We eventually figured out that if we turned off the AC in the main bedroom and left it on in the other rooms with the bedroom door open and the fan on, we could sleep comfortably. Nadja seemed pretty concerned about this when we mentioned it to her, so hopefully it will be fixed quickly and won't be a problem for future guests.

All in all we enjoyed our stay at Villas Oasis, however, if I had to do it over again, I might have paid more money to stay somewhere on the other side of the main drag through town that had a view. The ocean views in Manuel Antonio are spectacular! But if that's not important to you, Villas Oasis is a good choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Meredith,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us. You are right, Nadja is a great asset to us and we consider her part of our family. After reading your review, I decided to go to the hotel and sleep in your room to check the A/C, you were right, the thermastat had gone out and it was very cold in there. I want to let you know that I have already purchased a new A/C and it is being installed today. I want you to know that I took your comments seriously and even repainted parts of the apartment that looked worn and have replaced the linens. The teak sofa in Secret Garden is new and we haven't had a chance to replace the other chairs, but I am putting it on the priority list! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and you are welcome back anytime.

Pura Vida,