“Great House and Owner!”
other travellers have booked this property
Pool's eye view
View when you walk in the door Living area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Pool's eye view
View when you walk in the door
Living area
Lounging and pool area
Lounging area
Best seat in the house...
Sunrise from the house
Pool area
Frequent visitor - Great Kiskadee
Pool
Lifeguard - Capuchin Monkey
Capuchin Monkeys lounging by the pool
Kitchen and dining area
Squirrel Monkeys on the blue rope - seen from the kitchen
Master bedroom
Second bedroom
View from second bedroom
Third, lower level bedroom with balcony
Third bedroom
Loft (fourth) bedroom and bathroom
Howler Monkey - picture taken from the house
Squirrel Monkey - picture taken from the house
Squirrel Monkey feeding on tree near balcony of third bedroom
Chestnut Mandible Toucan - picture taken from the house
Side view of the house looking at the dining room and second bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

JBATL
Atlanta, GA
“Great House and Owner!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Overall this is a fantastic house with great views of the ocean and tropical landscape. The main living area and bedrooms are large, and each has their own bathroom. The house is as pictured and you get visits from the monkeys each morning and afternoon. There are also plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance. In addition, Alex (the owner) scheduled everything we requested, from tours/activities to helping us get fresh fish to grill.
Some cons include the distance from the beach (trade-off for the great views), the main floor is completely open and can get a little hot during the morning hours (there are fans and a pool though), the 4th bedroom is separate from the main house and has a loft bed that may not be convenient for all guests, and you will wake with the sun b/c of the vast amount of windows.
I’m only pointing out the cons because I appreciate accurate feedback on tripadvisor, but I would still choose this house if visiting the Manuel Antonio area again. We had a great time, and all six of us enjoyed the house and amenities.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
London Canada

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
danguzman
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Amazing house, Amazing View, Amazing Experience and monkees too!!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

I want to personally thank Alex for convincing me to rent this home for my family's 4 night stay in Manuel Antonio. Im not an easy person to please and Im very hard at trusting people. Put your worries aside, Alex is a good person, very trustful and he will do anything to make sure you had a great time in his neck of the woods and is willing to help you out and save you some money on tours etc. If I had known that prior to making reservations with other tour companies I would have canceld and booked with him. His rates for the same places were less...

OK, the house.. It is exactly what you see in the pics. The house is truely a beautiful house on a beutiful piece of real estate. The views of the ocean and the open air feel that this place has is amazing! The open part of the house is not AC'd and can get a bit warm but I live in Florida and it didn't bother us. The pool was right there too cool us off and the rooms have there own AC and you can set it to what ever temp you like. If you want to freeze your buns off, you can. Those suckers work great!!!

I will tell you that the second Alex handed us the keys and we opened the door we were not let down at all. The kids ran around to pick out there rooms and jumped right in the pool. Alex told us to be careful leaving any fruit or eggs out because the monkees would come and take them. I said really? Who leaves eggs out any way! Well once he told me that I got the hint and went out and bought 4 dozen eggs.. The monkees come twice a day, once in the morning around 9ish and the other between 5 and 7pm. These little monkees were a delight. We were able to hand feed them and yes, they are wild monkees.
I would say that if I were to go to this part of the country again, I know exactly who I would call to book a house or acomidations. This house and the area around it will not let you down.

PS. the house is about a block or two off the main street. You have to drive down a non paved road but its safe and a very short drive, 1 minute off the main street and your there. If you've ever driven in Costa Rica you would be accustomed to this, nothing that will keep you from renting the home.. ITs a beautiful home!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The open air feel and monkees
Liked least: Leaving!!
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
CO
Reviewed 6 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing