“Our favorite day!”

Vacation Buggy Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Vacation Buggy provides "Only Private Excursions" for families and groups to tour our local area or an exciting adventure to a very remote area of the Rainforest...These Private Excursions are only for you, your family, or group, and we travel in our Extremely Cool, Vacation Buggy custom Jeep Limousines. We offer two very popular excursions - Our Welcoming "get to know the area" excursion, allows you to quickly get acclimated to our towns of Manuel Antonio and Quepos areas as we show you all of the great restaurants, night life, beach's, ATM"s, etc... or experience some of Costa Ricas most remote locations with our extremely popular Jungle/Waterfall excursion - which is one of the only ways to go deep into the True Rainforest. This excursion allows you to see the real side of Costa Rica as we journey through the palm plantation, quaint towns and villages on our way to the top of the Rainforest.. Get acquainted with the local area, explore the incredible jungle or request our unique "Vacation Wedding Buggy" for that special day! Vacation Buggy can accommodate up to 7 guests with one Jeep and 14 with two Jeeps, and is safe, secure and accessible to people of all ages and abilities.
Jacksonville, Florida
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Our favorite day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

From my very first contact with Don, our experience with Vacation Buggy was outstanding.
He is prompt and thorough with his emails and was even around to take a late evening phone call from me the night before our tour.

Our guide was Luis, and I can't say enough good things about him. He was exactly on time, stopped in Quepos to let us watch a troop of Squirrel Monkeys that he spotted, gave an informative tour of the Palm Oil groves (his English is excellent!), stopped along the way for drinks and snacks, dug up some cool frogs for us to see on our hike, and took us to the most amazing waterfall. The drive itself is so beautiful and so much fun!

The best thing about the tour was the privacy. Since it was just our family (2 adults, 2 kids - 12, 15) we were able to go at our own pace and ask all the questions we wanted. The waterfall is in a remote location and it felt like we were the only people for miles around for most of the day. We stayed at the waterfall for as long as we wanted and had it all to ourselves. The water is cool but even this FL girl got in! As for the scenery, I was stunned by how vivid and vibrant the jungle and sky were out here.

We stopped for lunch at a local soda that no one would ever find without a local guide. It was delicious and the view was great.

We really enjoyed talking with Luis about his life in Costa Rica and sharing some info about the U.S. with him. Luis, I hope you at least make it to Tampa someday!

Visited July 2014
100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Tours, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Fltraveler2010,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your experience with Vacation Buggy and we certainly appreciate your generous comments concerning Luis who is a valuable member of our small team. We are grateful that you toured with us and that you truly enjoyed the excursion.

Much appreciated,

Imperial, California
“Amazing tour!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

An awesome tour for an amazing area of Costa Rica. Don, our tour guide, could not have been better! He was on time, very knowledgeable, and seemed to have just as much fun as we did!!!

Visited July 2014
100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Tours, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Jeffrey M,

You are absolutely correct in that I definitely had as much fun as you guys....I appreciate the kind words and really enjoyed touring your family.

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Don led an absolutely amazing tour -- this is one not to be missed. We took our 4 and 7 year olds on the tour and they loved every minute of it. Quite possibly one of the best tours we have ever taken. From the drive to the very, very high cable bridge, to swimming in the waterfalls, a truly amazing day.

I would not have changed anything on the trip -- and cannot speak highly enough of Don and the time he spent with us.

Andrew B,

Thank you for submitting your review of your experience and I certainly appreciate the kind words! I have one of the best jobs in the world as touring guests like your group makes my job very easy....Not only do we go to a very cool place and in a very cool vehicle, the people that I get to meet make it all that much more special.

Grapevine, Texas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Hands down, best tour in the Manuel Antonio/Quepos area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We just came back from our third vacation to Manuel Antonio. We have done many different excursions and very much enjoyed them all but Vacation Buggy was the best! Don picked us up promptly at 8 am and we were on our way. We got to see Costa Rica in a whole new light! We drove through palm plantations and several villages before arriving at our destination. The bridge and waterfalls were breathtaking! The ice cold water was very refreshing and so much fun to swim in. Thank you Don for a wonderful day! Pura Vida!

Visited July 2014
100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Tours, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Candie S.

I want to personally thank you and your fun family for a fabulous day on our Vacation Buggy Jungle/Waterfall excursion as I had a great time hanging out with all of you. I'm also pleased to hear that you guys really enjoyed our excursion and hope to see you when you return for your 4th visit.

new york
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“One of the best tours we have ever been on”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our day was fantastic. Luis picked us up in the buggy right on time and off we went. The drive to our destination did not seem long at all and that is because Luis was telling us all about Costa Rica, he would make stops along the way to show us animals and other neat things. When we finally got to our destination we sprayed ourselves with bug sorry and sun screen and started our hike to the waterfall. I would recommend wearing water shoes just because you do have to walk thru some water. I am not sure flip flops would be the sturdiest of choicest. The waterfall was beautiful and my family loved swimming under it. Then came the bridge. I am not going to lie I was a nervous wreck, but I did it and I was so happy that I did. The swimming hole on the other side was breathtaking. All in all I would tell you if you are going to one tour while you are here this would be the one. Lunch was included with our tour, and I have to tell you it was one of the best meals we had our whole trip. Even my picky 7 year old ate her meal.

2 Thank giolo
100don100, Owner at Vacation Buggy Tours, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Giolo,

"One of the best tours that we have ever been on" says it all....We pride ourselves on providing a very unique experience for all of our guests (in very cool vehicles as getting there is half the fun), and really appreciate your comments. Thank you for your kind review and please look us up again if you ever return to our beautiful Manuel Antonio area.