This hotel was near perfect. We rented a car at the San Jose airport to get around the country, and the hotel has a very small parking lot, but it worked out. We were always able to get a spot. The hotel is built out along a peninsula, and because it’s on a hill, you can see the ocean on both sides. Our room was exceptional and well-maintained. There was a standing shower, and all of the amenities you could want. There was a beautiful glass wall/sliding door that not only opened to our own balcony, but we even had our own fenced-in yard! On the morning of my wedding, I went out there to journal and watch the sunrise, and the resident iguana came to sun itself in our yard.
The staff was very helpful, from the front desk clerks, to the restaurant staff, to the maids. Everyone was great. The front desk staff helped us to book a few trips and they were able to do currency exchange, too. The maids would make towel art to put on our bed, and on our wedding day, they did the towel art twice and left us candies. The food was delicious as well. They had a large selection for their complimentary breakfasts. I enjoyed getting the “national” meal of gallo pinto (delicious!). The coffee was strong and needed nothing else. The breakfast area is set under some tents on a patio, and the lunch area is up near the pool, looking out over both sides of the hill. There were rarely people at lunch, so we frequently had it to ourselves. Dinner is in an intimate room with low lighting and fancier table set ups. For our wedding night dinner, I had filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly, with a delectable sauce.
One little hiccup that occurred was that on our wedding night, we ate only a quarter of our small, 6” wedding cake (we did an elopement). Then we sent it to the big fridge in the kitchen. When it was brought back up to us the next day, another quarter was missing. It was frustrating that some of the staff ate our small cake at night, and so we asked for a mini fridge to keep our cake safe from the night eaters! I still ate it, though. It was one of the best cakes I have ever had and no one else’s potential germs were going to put me off! I'm still going to give 5 stars, though, because of everything else!
Other than that small issue, it was a great place to stay. All of our belongings were safe in our room, and there is a room safe. We felt well taken care of and the views and food were simply amazing. I would definitely stay here again; I would just store my cake in my room! It was quite tempting looking. I can understand how the staff succumbed to it :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star ocean-view hotel is located only 2 kilometers from the biologically diverse Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica. Complete with roof-top sky lounge featuring 360 degree views and a genuine Cave Bar hidden inside the heart of the hotel, La Mansion Inn is truly unique. Over time, national and international celebrities have stayed at La Mansion Inn, and we look forward to welcome you to our "one of a kind" and super-friendly Inn ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel La Mansion
- La Mansion Inn Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio