We just returned from Costa Rica yesterday and Manuel Antonio was our last stop in our trip. Overall, La Mansion was fantastic! We had done tons of research on hotels and the Trip Advisor reviews are spot on. The overall experience here was fantastic!
The hotel location is not really walkable to restaurants and bars, mostly because of the steep hills and lack of sidewalks. And while getting cabs to and from the hotel is super easy, the $10 US fare each way begins to wear on you after a few days - especially when you're only going 1 to 1.5 miles. However, all that aside, I doubt you can find a hotel that has the incredible 360 degree views that this hotel has. From our room (Room 19) on the 3rd floor, we had a 270 degrees view of the ocean. And every room has a balcony with a view. Our room was super quiet. We never heard our neighbors (but then again, we were 1 of 2 rooms on the floor and only our living room wall was shared). But generally, the hotel is low-key and not loud. It's not really a kid-friendly hotel so that also helps cut down on noise levels. The guests are all pleasant, courteous and friendly - especially the ones that hang out at the pool bar and cave bar.
I agree with all the other positive reviews about the pool, warm and attentive guest service from every staff member including Robert. It was easy to book tours at the front desk and get restaurant recommendations. Breakfast there is OK. Dinner is quite good. We enjoyed having lunch at the pool bar. I recommend the sliders! Rooms are quite clean and well-kept. The a/c was powerful and effective. Housekeeping did turn it off but our room stayed cool, despite the 80-90 degree temps and humidity. Housekeeping was prompt and responsive. We were upgraded to a presidential suite. Not sure why, but I get the sense they like to surprise and delight guests so hopefully your booking will be upgraded too!
Negatives: The hotel soaps, shampoo, etc. was nothing special. No notable brand. If you're not picky, it won't matter. If you are, come prepared.
We stayed 4 nights in late April.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star ocean-view hotel is located only 2 kilometers from the biologically diverse Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica. Complete with roof-top sky lounge featuring 360 degree views and a genuine Cave Bar hidden inside the heart of the hotel, La Mansion Inn is truly unique. Over time, national and international celebrities have stayed at La Mansion Inn, and we look forward to welcome you to our "one of a kind" and super-friendly Inn ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your La Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel La Mansion
- La Mansion Inn Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park