“Vacation ” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Mansion Inn
miami
“Vacation ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and me planned this trip for 4th July weekend and we had an absolutely amazing time! Customer service is top of the line, the staff go out of their way to make your stay fabulous. The food is spectacular and super fresh. We did the zip lining, the river rafting and the walk in the forest and the beach. The excursions were very organized and very safe. They provided a yummy food at the end of each trip. Highly recommended

Stayed July 2014
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thanks for your nice write-up... We now have more than 500 "Excellent Reviews" - the only type of problems we are unable to solve are the ones we do not hear about! I have a great staff of 40 people with only one objective; to please you and make your stay the best it can be!

Thanks,

Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We booked time at this hotel somewhat at the last minute. We had room 21, which was somewhat on the ground level of the resort. Even so, the room had a nice view. We were, however, expecting an "ocean view," which is what was promised. While we could technically see the ocean, it was obstructed by a patio below and trees. The room itself was great - large and spacious, with a huge bathroom. It kept cool at night and the beds were very comfortable.

The reason this isn't getting a full rating from me is because we found the service a little lacking given the price we paid for the room. When checking in, we received a lackluster greeting. The service improved the longer we stayed, but we didn't really feel we were being catered to. When we ordered room service, it took 15 minutes to figure out that the items we ordered weren't available.

All in all, this was a very satisfactory stay, and I would stay again.

La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thanks for your nice review... Regarding the room, almost all of the rooms offer spectacular views. Your room is one of two that offers a somewhat obstructed view because of the tree line directly in front of the Inn and we are simply not allowed to cut them - these two rooms (21 and 22) are usually only used when we are completely full which has been the case in the last few weeks. Concerning the lukewarm welcome I do apologize - although not 100% sure we had a front desk staff member give notice which might have had something to do with it..

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I could go on for days about how amazing our experience was at this resort. We were offered a choice of two rooms at check in. We were shown rooms 7 and 17, and chose 17 for the patio. For anyone wondering the difference - room 17 had a bit of a smaller bed and lacked a bath tub, but had a HUGE private patio directly over the entrance to the resort. Room 7 had a larger bed and bath tub, but smaller balcony. That was the first time they won me over.

The breakfast was a fabulous menu and made to order. Our second hotel had a cold buffet, so we greatly missed this after we had left. I had eggs benedict all three mornings - it was AMAZING!

The staff was so gracious and went out of their way every step to help us. We did not pay for any type of honeymoon package, but were welcomed to a towel pet and roses. Something so simple was such a nice touch. My new husband asked for a brownie with ice cream in the bat cave bar at 11PM one night, and it ended up being his favorite 'meal' of our trip. He still swears that the waiter made the brownie in the 5 minutes he was gone.

The service at the restaurant, breakfast, front desk.. all impeccable. I asked one of the girls to help me cancel a tour per my own decision, and the man yelled at her over the phone and accused her of coercing me. I booked him privately, so this should not be reflected on the resort. The reason I bring it up is because she handled it like a pro. We are already planning a 5 year anniversary trip, and can't wait to come back. Aside from the great service, we met some awesome people and had the time of our lives.

-Katie and JR (George)

PS. I'm recommending that our second resort study yours for service quality and cleanliness. After we left, all we wanted to do was come back! Second stop was such a let down after leaving La Mansion. You can't compare :)

Room Tip: Room 17 is amazing! It had a huge patio - which is directly over the entrance to the resort. It was...
1 Thank Kate0508
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thanks for your beautiful and thoughtful response - we are here to please and make your vacation experience unforgettable!!!! On behalf of all of us, THANK YOU!
High Wycombe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in April as part of a wider tour of Costa Rica. The hotel is a kilometre or 2 from the main road where most of the restaurants and bars can be found but the location does mean its all fairly tranquil.

After a four or five hour journey from Monteverde we arrived at check-in to be taken on a slightly lacklustre tour of the hotel when all we really wanted was to be shown to our room. The room itself was a decent size with a very comfy bed and decent air conditioning. The balcony was a decent size and had a great view down towards the beaches of Manuel Antonio. The safe was a good size and the room was generally well cleaned. The bathroom was an ok size but the water pressure in the shower wasn't great and there was often a smell of drains. We also seemed to get a decent Wi-Fi signal in the room which was free to use.

Outside the swimming pool was on the small size but was pleasantly situated with views down to the coast and a swim-up bar although the bartender that was there most of the time looked like he wished he could be anywhere but there. There was also plenty of outdoor sitting space although most of it was not immediately by the pool.

The restaurant was a bit of a disappointment. Breakfast was good and was included in our rate, however we were still charged a 10% Service Charge even though it was included in the rate. Not a major expense but slightly annoying and unexpected. The dinner menu was not particularly extensive and generally over-priced (unless you compare it to a genuine 5 star hotel). For example, in the way of pasta there was only spaghetti on the menu and when I asked if they could provide a different pasta (Fusilli or Penne or something similar) I was given a blank "no". The service was also patchy with some good and some not so good. The weirdest part of all though was one evening when it was raining and the restaurant (which is outdoors) was brought into the lobby. A small hotel lobby is not exactly the most romantic place for a meal.

The Bat Cave bar was a nice little area and the drinks were more reasonably priced.

As others have noted, parking at the hotel is a bit of a pain as there don't appear to be that many spaces but we always found somewhere eventually.

As for Manuel Antonio park I'm afraid its a victim of its own success. There are far too many people marauding all over the park and the official guide we hired said a lot of the wildlife has now disappeared.

In summary this is certainly not a bad hotel and in some ways is actually very good but as a 5 star rated property it is not consistently good enough especially where service is concerned.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thanks for your belated response for your stay in April. As I mentioned on few occasions "Stars" are in the eyes of the beholder. Unfortunately the hotel industry is always subject to human and mechanical failures. From time to time things can and will go wrong. How a specific problem is dealt with is what really matters. For example, your comment on the selection of food is correct. A small owner-operated Inn does not and can not offer the same dinner menu as a mega hotel. For that reason our menus and welcome letter make reference to the fact that "if you do not see it, let us know and we are happy to get it for you". If had let us know that you preferred another type of pasta we would have happyly cooked it for you next day. We do not operate and Italian restaurant. For that reason we have two staff members on the floor for only one purpose; talk to the guests and to catch any type of comment BEFORE it becomes a real complaint. If you let us know this after almost 3 months there is little I can do about it other then give you an explanation and to tell my managers to try even harder... Concerning prices every hotel guest gets a 20% discount of the price of food and beverages and I am surprisde that you still find our prices too high. In any event, should there be a next time, next dinner is "on the house". We know we have to work hard to keep our rooms full! ;)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I rarely feel compelled to write reviews and even when I do I generally forget to actually do it, but I was so pleased with La Mansion that I am writing this review while still on vacation...

My girlfriend and I had originally planned to make our way down the pacific coast spending 3 nights in Palo Seco followed by 3 nights in Manuel Antonio, but after one night in the grossly misrepresented hotel on Palo Seco we left as quickly as we could to see if we could start our stay at our planned Manuel Antonio hotel, The Parador, early. Unfortunately they were full so we made our way down the street to La Mansion and were immediately impressed; the gentleman at the front desk, Stephen, was incredibly friendly and helpful, the property was clean and the view was gorgeous, so we booked 2 nights.

We are now at The Parador, as we had prepaid for our stay here, but are sorely missing La Mansion. Our room at La Mansion, 24, was gorgeous with decks overlooking both Manuel Antonio beach on one side and Playa Biesanz (sp?) on the other. The rooftop pool/deck area is equally pretty with the same views. The entire staff was friendly and quickly responded to any requests we had. Really the only complaint (if I was forced to find one) would be that the parking is a little tight, but no big deal. I travel extensively for both work and pleasure and can honestly say our room was one of the best I have ever stayed in (truly clean, new and comfortable feeling, which can be very hard to find in Costa Rican hotels).

I will absolutely be visiting this hotel again during my next visit to CR.

Room Tip: It seems almost all the rooms have a view of some sort. We looked at 2 different rooms while we were...
2 Thank Tocrow303
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at La Mansion Inn for three nights this week. The hotel manager Robert is the reason why my review has five stars. He was so nice and made us feel right at home. Top notch service! The front desk staff seemed a bit...checked out. Our car was blocked in and the front desk man said that he had no driver available to move the car. :( Eventually someone came to move the cars away. The front desk staff (women and gentleman we encountered) were not as friendly as Robert. The complimentary breakfast was made to order! What else can you ask for?

The hotel, view, food, and manager were 5 stars!
I only wish that they had more parking available but its prime real-estate so I can understand the situation.

1 Thank Samantha C
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I love this hotel.
The bed was the most incredibly comfortable experience that I've had - it was very difficult to get out of that bed in all the best sense.
The breakfast is on another level - it is so good that people who are not guests travel to the hotel just for the breakfast menu. The Eggs Benedict is amazing with caviar on top of the Hollandaise sauce and the french toast was absolutely perfect. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day and these guys have it spades!!!
Great time at this hotel and I can't wait to go back. Even though it is expensive it is worth the money.
Only negative was the Jacques Cousteau restaurant for dinner - they need a bigger menu selection and for the prices to be cheaper.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kmelville
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thanks for your very nice write-up.. While I apologize for what you think is a limited selection of dinner item (8 appetizers.soups and salads) and 12 main courses with a selection of 8 different sauces to select from it is difficult to offer a much larger menu due to the small size of our hotel, As you might have noticed we do offer daily specials and our Welcome Letter indicates that " if you do not see it on the menu, let us know what you want to eat" and we will prepare it for you. Again, I thank you for your comments.