After an embarrassing number of hours spent on researching the perfect trip to celebrate our 40th anniversary, I finally decided on a week in a home in Costa Rica and then 3 nights at La Mansion. Now that the trip is over the only mistake I made was not enough days at La Mansion. It is clearly one of our favorite hotels we have stayed in the world. The Presidential Suite was the largest and most luxurious hotel room anywhere with a view from the room and balcony that was breathtaking. It had two full beautiful baths and a gorgeous jacuzzi tub in the bedroom with bay windows to see the spectacular scenery. The bedroom was enormous, as was the living room. It had its own private entry to the pool area. The service throughout the hotel was outstanding and extremely nice and friendly, which is basically how the Costa Rican people are everywhere. The breakfasts we had each morning were extremely good and served in a beautiful area. The hotel provided a shuttle service which was less expensive than taxis and very convenient. The pool was not large but large enough and in an exquisite setting with amazing landscaping and view of the Pacific. Then the big surprise is a terrace a few steps up from the pool where you actually get 2 of the most amazing views anywhere. What a treat to look in 2 directions and get 2 totally different views of the Pacific Ocean and surrounding forests and jungles. The 2 kinds of monkeys visiting us were a treat, also.
We went to a closeby small casino at night, Byblos, just for something to do. It served its purpose. We also checked out the casino in Quepos, which I would not recommend. Actually, you need to be cautious when travelling around at night, as you would in most places.
The only thing that would have enhanced our stay would be internet access in our room. There was a separate room you could use a computer or use yours in the lobby.
So I have to say I did a great job in choosing La Mansion for our very special occasion and although we did stay in their most special room it appears that all the rooms are very nice -- of course smaller than our suite -- but very nicely done and with great views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star ocean-view hotel is located only 2 kilometers from the biologically diverse Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica. Complete with roof-top sky lounge featuring 360 degree views and a genuine Cave Bar hidden inside the heart of the hotel, La Mansion Inn is truly unique. Over time, national and international celebrities have stayed at La Mansion Inn, and we look forward to welcome you to our "one of a kind" and super-friendly Inn ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your La Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel La Mansion
- La Mansion Inn Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park