“Great beachfront property!”

Ranked #27 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
Brooklyn, New York
“Great beachfront property!”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Our room was on the beachfront, with a great view of the beach. The beach itself was beautiful and not crowded, which is amazing since we were there at the beginning of high season. The pool is right next to the restaurant. The menu for the restaurant was simple, but delicious. There were no vegetarian options for me on the menu, but the chef was more than happy to make something for me off the menu, which I greatly appreciated. The room itself was clean and spacious, with air-conditioning. The front desk staff was very helpful, and they set up an awesome canopy tour for us. They even mailed postcards home for us to save us a trip to the post office. Great property overall. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Corey T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 October 2012

To be honest, after reading some of the reviews on here I wasn't expecting much from this hotel. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel and the grounds. We did stay on the beach front portion, not in the rooms across the road. I found the hotel room to be very large (compared to other places I had been in the country), great balcony, big TV, and it had a nice bathroom. The grounds were great and we were right on the beach. The beach was great! The food here wasn't great, however the prices were much cheaper than I was expecting. The staff was very nice. I really enjoyed my stay.

I would advice anyone staying here to take a walk down the hill (via the road) and go to the stores in the town for your drinks and food, much cheaper.

Room Tip: Stay on the beach!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kyle M
California
Reviewed 5 October 2012

When I was there, I'd remembered seeing some reviews that basically gave this place no real accolades for the service or the breakfast, but raved over the location. Now, having just been there, I would say that was fairly accurate. The location was so great, being right on the beach and less than 10-minutes beach-walk distance to Manuel Antonio Park/Beach, that I hardly minded anything else. Our room (standard) was actually quite large, and clean and comfortable, with a balcony, and a view of the ocean, so no complaints there. They had security at night, and a gated parking area on one part of the property, so that felt good. The restaurant space is wonderful, right on the beach, under the thatched roofs, and one of the two mornings we were there, we had quite an entertaining monkey show while eating breakfast. The breakfast itself however, was nothing impressive food-wise, but again, the environment made up for that. I also was a little bummed there was no hot tub/jacuzzi, but the pool was warm and nice to swim in. I would probably give this place a higher rating than others did, but that could be partly due to coming there during the low season (Sept) and we felt like we had the whole place to ourself!! (There were others, but not many.) It was awesome and peaceful. Loved all the gigantic lizards and iguanas everywhere. Also, Jacqueline was so very sweet, as she stayed late to wait for us to arrive, even without having made a paid reservation in advance, but rather only emailed her that we were on our way. I was grateful she was there when we finally made it after a long drive (after 9pm). For the price ($68) I thought it was well-worth it and I recommend it unless you're a high-end hotel snob. For a beautiful environment right at the beach, you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: I felt the standard room was fine if you don't want to spend a little more for the "superio...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CaliforniaLuci
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Good location but that is all. No shampoo or amenities, few thin towels,awful bed linens and hard pillows, phone did not work, poor water pressure. Don't give up on the hot water-it takes 20 min of running to get to your room. Shower disgusting with chipped and rusted tub. Not clean. Loud bass drm sounds from beach at night. Right on road to MA, so lots of road noise. Only good is the location and the passable breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chd22031

Travellers are raving about these Manuel Antonio hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Awesome location for the price, and the food is fresh and delicious. Very clean rooms, really nice service and having breakfast sourrounded by nature is a real plus. The owners are Costa Rican and really fantastic people, so it's very friendly and family oriented, none of that hurry up and pay, kind of service from foreign companies.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Oskarny
Northern Virginia
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This is a hotel with basic rooms but nice property and excellent location, is right on the beach of Manuel Antonio. We stayed 3 days and with kids is great just to walk to the beach. The property is very nice, there is a restaurant on premises, menu is small but the food is excellent. There is also a lovely pool. The staff is great and friendly and even though the rooms are basic everytime we walked to go to bed the maid had done something to make it feel unique, with towels she made 2 swans holding real flowers. I'm picky about sand and this property have the best piece of beach

Room Tip: If you want to just walk to the beach and the restaurant get the beachfront, even though you don'...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2012

4th time to stay at Karahe over the last 10 yrs. Just as good as ever. Great location on the beach that cannot be beat by any other hotel in the area. Great value. Simple, clean and great service. Walking distance to park, shops and restaurants. Stayed in first floor beachfront unit. March 12-15th with family. 2 kids 10 & 12yrs.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family